Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
zdenko
2002 XR6 VCT Owner

Default Re: oil leak behind the accessory belt & pulleys

Hey guys

I have had a worsening oil leak on my XR6 VCT for the last 9 months now.
Looking at this article it looks like it is coming from behind the water/power steering pump, so I'm confident to say it is probably the timing tensioner adjuster bolt seal as shown in above pics. I have already removed the plastic guards around the ps pump and belt to get a better look.

Funny thing was before this leak I had a leak from the centre seal at the front of the motor and my water pump leaking which was replaced when I got LPG installed 12 months ago. I wish this leak started then as well.

I will probably just take it to the LPG guys for rego in late June to fix it but if I have time I want to have a look myself.

Now before I even go pulling it apart, is there any difference on a VCT motor to the normal i6 motor that I need to be aware of in regards to the belts, bolts, adjusters etc?
Air Hog Air Filter + 2.5 Inch Sterling Mandrel Bent Exhaust + Supercheap Oval Tip.
Carbon Fibre Style Vinyl Wrapped Roof and Boot
zdenko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post