Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Ms_Jam

Default WS Fiesta - Wipers

Has anyone found good replacement wipers, other than from Ford? Where could I buy them?

My original wipers appear in good condition some 16 months after buying the car, but I had an experience during a downpour recently when they really struggled.

I see that Big Damo raised this question recently, but I don't think he got a reply.

Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Yes, I've been after them for a while, it seems no one other than Ford makes them, I don't really want to fork out $80 for a set of front wiperblades.

Tridon and Trico don't make them for the WS.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
entheos

Just need the wiper refills, or the whole blade?

PM me if you need pricing on anything genuine...I can ask the parts guys. they do a good price for me for forum members.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheos
Just need the wiper refills, or the whole blade?

PM me if you need pricing on anything genuine...I can ask the parts guys. they do a good price for me for forum members.
You can't just get refills, you have to get the whole blade.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
somers181

You can try UK Ebay, i have bought inserts for LS/LT Focus and other fords at much cheaper prices than Ford Australia charges and they are good quality..........
Old 11-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try cleaning the wiper blades. Take them off, get some metho, some wiper cleaning fluid or even some rainx and give them a good wipe down. Mine were shocking, did that and they're perfect now. One and a half years later still have the same set.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Try cleaning the wiper blades. Take them off, get some metho, some wiper cleaning fluid or even some rainx and give them a good wipe down. Mine were shocking, did that and they're perfect now. One and a half years later still have the same set.
Same for me.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
entheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
You can't just get refills, you have to get the whole blade.
Incorrect. They are the same as the Focus blades. you can buy refills, just no aftermarket manufacturer of them. The refills are $20 from us. PM me if you need them.

The fiesta has the full 'rubber' blade right? Take then end cap off, bend the little 'locking' teeth up a little and the refill will slide out. slide in new refill(they come in 2 pieces and there's a short one and a long one) that corresponds with the one you just took out, bend the locking teeth back in, end cap back on. Done.
Old 13-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Denmac Ford have genuine Ford refills..I picked up a front set today for $16
Old 13-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
Marlboro2728

My focus wiper blades starting squeaking a month after Ford changed them at 30k service. Tried cleaning with metho and no more squeaks. Great idea.
Marlboro2728 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Hmm interesting, I went to a dealership service counter ages ago and they said they don't sell refills and you have to replace the whole blades, for $80 for a front set.

How much for a front and rear set?
Old 13-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
entheos

fronts are the $16 pack...come in motorcraft packaging and instructions on how to fit them along with a funky little yellow sticker that fades when you need to replace the refil...i think parts quoted me normal price off the top of his head....rears are just a generic $3-$5 refil...if you buy from parts counter they should be able to sell you one, I don't know about repco/supercheap...may have to buy a twin pack...then just cut to size.
Old 14-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheos
fronts are the $16 pack...come in motorcraft packaging and instructions on how to fit them along with a funky little yellow sticker that fades when you need to replace the refil...i think parts quoted me normal price off the top of his head....rears are just a generic $3-$5 refil...if you buy from parts counter they should be able to sell you one, I don't know about repco/supercheap...may have to buy a twin pack...then just cut to size.
Are they just 6mm generic wiperblades with the metal rails and locking tabs or are they odd sizings?
Old 27-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
Ms_Jam

Just want to thank dannyhilton and GoesLikeAZetec for the advice about metho on the wipers. I was amazed at the amount of oil that came off - from the road I suppose.

I had always used household glass cleaner on a windscreen. But after the success with wipers, I invested in a bottle of Maguiar's windscreen cleaner. To my surprise, I could see the dirt that it removed from a clean windscreen. So I used it on the inside too. Awesome visibility as a result.

Not content, I bought a little bottle of Rain X. I know some people are sceptical about this. But it works amazingly well on my Fiesta. Maybe it's the aerodynamics of the car that help. Anyway, in my humble opinion now, it's a real contribution to road safety.
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Jam
Just want to thank dannyhilton and GoesLikeAZetec for the advice about metho on the wipers.
I'll admit, Troy and I are pretty awesome! Glad you were able to save some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Jam
I bought a little bottle of Rain X. I know some people are sceptical about this. But it works amazingly well on my Fiesta.
Well said. I use RainX too and swear by it. Put a bit in the wiper fluid, and a few times a month apply a good coat to the windscreen, and the screen remains clear at hi-way speeds without the need for wipers. It truly does help with water beading. Also great to clean the window.
Old 21-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
booker_noe
Starter Motor

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Wipers

Hi Ms Jam.
Trico have these baldes for your car,
Driver = TEC650
Passenger = TEC380 (available after July 2011) you could use TEC400 and get away with the extra length...
booker_noe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #17
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Hey danny,

you say cleaning the blades with metho does the trick?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #18
booker_noe
Starter Motor

Cleaning with "Metho" should be done on a regular basis to maintain the rubber, if it has "set" from UV exposure you'll need to replace them.
The Ford dealer has replacement rubbers which I've seen, but the blade is not intended to be refilled, only to be replaced as an entire unit.
For will sting you $120 for a set of blades, aftermarket are available, I've posted part numbers of the one I used on my wife's car. 6 months and going great !
booker_noe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClarke
Hey danny,

you say cleaning the blades with metho does the trick?
Up to a point, just like mentioned above. My wipers are nearing the end of their life now, so metho isn't doing the trick. But up until now, has been perfect. Will get the grime off your wipers and help keep them in top condition for longer.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #20
WSFiestaZetec
Starter Motor

I have a WS Zetec Fiesta and the Tridon FlexBlade wiper fits perfectly.
Stock No TFB26TLP, cost me $33 from supercheap auto's.
Its the full wiper with the top lock and blade, no need to pull apart your old one.
Hope this helps.
WSFiestaZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #21
trumpy73

that's just for one side on the front right?
still need to buy left one and rear?

daylight robbery for a bit of rubber. I'd still get the inserts and do it myself.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #22
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Try Ebay.

Just bought a pair of blades for the Focus (whole thing, not the insert) for $16 delivered.

See how they are when they arrive I guess.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #23
WSFiestaZetec
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
that's just for one side on the front right?
still need to buy left one and rear?

daylight robbery for a bit of rubber. I'd still get the inserts and do it myself.
Yep the long one, but they do the small ( left ) blade as well, I didnt need to replace that one though.
The rear is just a cut to lenght wiper blade as far as I can tell, so should be cheap as to replace.
It is a bit pricey compaired to normal blades that you cut to length, but still a little cheaper than a Ford Genuine part ( well as cheap as you can get it in Kalgoorlie W.A anyway )
WSFiestaZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post