Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 
Default Commuting to Brisbane Daily from Northside

Hi Guys,

Currently I live out to the west of Brisbane but we may be moving further north.

Currently I'm not so keen to move anywhere that requires commuting on the Bruce HWY into Brisbane. However the missus is.

So for those of you who live at say Caboolture, Burpengary, Wamuran etc what are you commute times to Bald Hills, Chermside, city etc on the Highway at peak times, morning and night?

Is Old Gympie Rd an alternative or is that chockers as well?

- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Commuting to Brisbane Daily from Northside

From Morayfield to city in the morning anywhere from 1:20 to 2 hours depending on traffic conditions. Should get better after the roadworks for the tunnel at Kedron are complete. Morayfield to Chermside is around 40 mins peak time. Bald hills 25 mins is traffic is good.

Don't even consider commuting from Wamuran, you will soon loose the will to live.

Old Gympie rd is not really an option for the city, best stick to highway.
Old 22-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Thanks mate, thats as bad as I was expecting. I know I have driven north in the morning and seen it nose to tail to pretty much the Bribie turn off.

Anyone else?

Cheers
The Work Truck

Old 22-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Can't really comment on peak times but I go from kallangur to around morningside, leaving at 5.30am. The Bruce is already clogged up a bit at that time and not doing the speed limit then when you get to the gateway at pine rivers bridge it's already at a standstill at that time. Absolutely ridiculous, needless to say I go through gympie rd toward the city instead.

Leave work at 3pm and I used to come back the same way but has been getting worse the last 12 months. Around kedron to carsildine is quite slow going from 3.30 on, I imagine it would get worse later on. Have changed my route home to sandgate rd instead, its quite smooth, if the gateway wasn't stopped I'd get on sandgate rd in the morning aswell

Have gone old gympie rd in the arvo a few times when I was coming from another job and it takes about 20mins to go 2kms where the bridge was damaged in the floods, there is a school there swell which doesn't help

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy a motorcycle. I have done that run many times and occasionally have to slow below 60km/h.

Of course it is not as much fun when it rains and everyone is out to kill you but it is not slow

The Bruce is a bottleneck with all of the commuters from the SC south being jammed into a two lanes. Until there is an alternate route up to Beachmere and another to the western side of Caboolture/Moronfield it will remain a mess.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

You poor buggas, I used to struggle up and down the Dipswich Mwy each day. Your run sounds worse to me.
Finally jack of the lot, I walk to work these days; its just down stairs and around the corner of the building, about 20 yards.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
kenz
BOSS Pilot

As much as the motorbike idea is great and I'd love to do that, some people including myself actually do need to drive to carry tools, equipment etc Can't do my job without my car unfortunately
Its just all the people that drive to work for the hell of it that ruin it for everyone

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Thanks Guys, keep em coming.

Currently I trudge along Samford Rd most days but it moves and generally if you can catch the lights right, at speed.
Problem is its expensive out here and we could get a lot more for our money if we head further north. Im not so keen, but the missus is as she only has to commute to Bald Hills and her Mum is on the SC so the highway will half the travel time there.
The Work Truck