Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
walter351

Default Urgent help car wont start

g'day everyone im in need of some urgent help, my brothers xr6 which is an 01, duel fuel wont start, here are what the problems/ things leading upto it

starting yesterday the car backfired
today the car would drive ok on lpg but when switch over to petrol the car was underpowered, rough idle, then just clonked out and now can not get the car to start again. The has plenty of fuel and gas, i think being duel fuel it also needs petrol to start but even on gas can not get it to start.

checked leads and few things, but not to sure, maybe a blocked fuel filter?

really need help asap

walter351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 
Default Re: Urgent help car wont start

it's possibly blown a vacuum line off, at the rear of the intake manifold?

can you hear the fuel pump prime for a second or so when the ignition is turned on?
and yeah if it hasnt been changed in the last few services, the fuel filter might be blocked?

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
walter351

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67xr View Post
it's possibly blown a vacuum line off, at the rear of the intake manifold?

can you hear the fuel pump prime for a second or so when the ignition is turned on?
im not to sure about the fuel pump prime what kind of sound should i be looking for, the car is about 15 mins from my house atm

the car drove after the backfire with one of the hoses blown off wouldnt it be making a sucking sound also??? i did check the initial hoses but seemed they where all on
Old 07-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
walter351

if i open the fuel cap and listen while the key is turned to the point just before you crank it should i be able to hear the fuel pump buzzing???
Old 07-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
walter351

reading this i think the pump has **** itself as he always runs it with the fuel on red and near empty

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11239924
Old 07-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
walter351

and just confirming too there is no mrrrrrr sound when you first hop in the car, so im gonna go double check now but yeah fuel pump went poop