Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 15-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Default XR5 Turbo to compete in the Bathurst 12 Hour Race

I was looking through the Bathurst International Motorsport Festival website and noticed in the 'Entrants List' that Robinson Racing Developments have entered a Focus XR5 Turbo. At this stage there is no mention of who's driving it.

Should be interesting. BTW I've got my tickets and anyone interested in being in Bathurst is welcome to join me at Mt. Panorama.F

Fast Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hmm i might attend. when is it?

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

The Festival kicks off on Good Friday and the 12 Hour Production Car race is Easter Sunday @ approx 6 a.m. I know it's an early start as I can vouch for this. I was a timekeeper for a friends' team when the last B12HR race was at Bathurst and it was a 3.30 a.m. start for me!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 17-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
Whitey Ford

I'll be there at 5:45am!
Whitey Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Whitey Ford, that's good news and no doubt we'll catch up before then.

Old 19-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
MR_LON
ORSMT5

will b interesting to c how it goes & how many laps it gets from a tank of juice
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
I was looking through the Bathurst International Motorsport Festival website and noticed in the 'Entrants List' that Robinson Racing Developments have entered a Focus XR5 Turbo. At this stage there is no mention of who's driving it.

Should be interesting. BTW I've got my tickets and anyone interested in being in Bathurst is welcome to join me at Mt. Panorama.F

Fast Eddie.

anyone got anymore info on the car?

Jeff
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

im pretty sure it should be a stock standard XR5T with only Minor Modifications. but dont hold me to it.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

There's comprehensive info on www.bimf.com.au including a 35 Page PDF Document relating to cars which are eligible and the allowable modifications to them.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Well, the XR5 Turbo didn't eventuate. It was on the Entrants List and I couldn't find the reason as to why it wasn't there. I am very sorry about this. BTW the race was won by one of the two BMW 335 Twin Turbo's entered.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 AM   #11
Marshy79

Fast Eddie... basically the team couldnt get the car to race spec fast enough.
Parts are pretty hard to come by for the XR5's so they switched to a Typhoon last min and raced that instead.

Details over here in www.fordx5rturbo.com
(nice review really)
http://www.fordxr5turbo.com/forum/in...27673#msg27673
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Ah, thanks for this vital info Marshy. Loxmyf's review is very comprehensive! I actually tried to speak to someone from Robinsons but noticed that throughout the day most of the roller doors were shut!!! but did speak to a guy wearing a PRODRIVE shirt but he didn't know anything about their XR5 Turbo. BTW I noticed that there was only one XR5 Turbo in the carpark, so it must have been Loxmyf's?

Old 16-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #13
Whitey Ford

I actually didnt end up going because they pulled the XR5T out of the race.
Whitey Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I was going regardless because I just love the whole concept of the B.I.M.F. I assume that the XR5 Turbo will make an appearance sometime this year?