Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Default Bluepower and the AU I6

My AU is not the car that was bandied around in a few other threads (neither started by the owner, or Chris) but I can say Chris did get good gains from that car - because he also got good gains from mine.

I was the second of the two Bluepower-edited AUs last night. I had my edit early last week, and I was very happy with the results. It dynoed at 134.0rwkw as it was. That is actually the second lowest dyno reading I've ever had for the car - the lowest being the stock reading @ Herrods before I got the exhaust.

After the long tuning session, in which Chris fiddled with a few things, the final result was 154.5rwkw, a 20.5 rwkw gain. The cam is still a stock XR6 HP jobbie. It was a shame the drive home was 99% freeway, but change was very noticable.

There's a few more minor things that can be done, but for now, I'm extremely pleased with the results.

At the drag meet last night, I achieved my aim, a 14-something sec pass. I didn't get to borrow a set of Nittos for the rear, so the time 14.889 @ 93.40 mph was done on my street tires (Toyo Transpaths, great road tyres, but not so good on the strip...)

The potential is there for a lower time, I managed a few 94 mph runs, and a 95.0 - the main problem is the tool behind the wheel. :hihi:

If any AU owners, 6 or 8, are sitting on the fence in regards to the Flash Tuner, I'd thoroughly recommend you go for it.

Thanks heaps Chris, I'll be back! :sm_headba

Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post