Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
Adsy01

Cool Adsy's WP Zetec

Well I’ve been on here for two years, come next month, so I’d thought it was about time i made a thread on my little Fez.

I bought it as a bog stock Colorado Red '04 WP Zetec in November 2006 with 26k on the clock at a bargain price.
It came with roof racks (with the bike attachment) and a rear cargo mat (the one with the ford logo on it).
Now it looks something like this.... (Yes, I need to take some better pics)

Spec list as per my sig

Elbach Lowered & up-rated Coils
Rear anti-sway bar (KE Laser) CLICK HERE for info on the rear sway bar.
Rear disc brake conversion (MK1 Focus)
16" MP3 Rims

Tinted windows
Tinted Headlight surrounds
Clear side repeaters
Phillips Xenon lighting
Covered rear wiper

Gun Metal Grey Dash trim
Ford leather gear knob & boot
Zetec S Steering wheel & Sill Covers
Leather centre armrest

Pioneer USB/CD player
JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits
Shortened aerial

The driving lights might be going soon. I put them on about 14 months or so ago because i was doing a fair bit of nighttime driving in the country, but now i never do. I haven’t taken them off yet because its grown on me, maybe I should put some rally style mud flaps on it too? :

More pics of the interior (& stezza)...

The Stezza is all JL audio with a Cheapo pioneer USB head unit. 6" splits up front, Stock rear speakers, 12" sub and a 4ch amp running in 2+1ch mode. The sub box is going to get redone somewhere down the track. The Sub will sit in a box that’s moulded to the shape of the wheel arch and seat angle etc... With plain painted face on it around the sub. The amp will either go into a false floor or relocated under one of the seats. The current box weighs a ton and the new set up could weigh as much as 70% less by changing it. The doors are fully sound deadened, but the rear is only partly done. I've got some JL 5 x 7"s to replace the rear speakers, just haven’t had time to get them in there.

I removed the dash to paint it, it was an effort and a half! the radio fascia is the factory one that i modified, it came out great, but the filler has just started to crack in it... so I’ve got these to be painted over x-mas.

The steering wheel trim is in the same colour too, and there’s a few more bits i plan on painting so its more of a "theme"

And I’ve got all this lot just arrived from the UK!

ST rear wing, ST side mouldings, ST pedals, ST front sway bar, and 12.5mm rear axle spacers. All that and the radio fascia will be on over my x-mas holidays.
I'll be painting the wing and side mouldings myself, so I’ll do the door handles and boot trim too, maybe the washer jets too.

You might be asking yourself why there are no mechanical mods other than the suspension & brakes? Well i decided that any mods like intake and exhaust on the 1.6 would only lead to disappointment, though i haven't ruled out changing the rear muffler just to get a little "note" happening.
I've had some big HP cars over the years and this will never be close to them in power. Also I’m about to turn 34 Y.O. and I drive this thing in peak traffic daily, so I’ve got nothing to prove in my daily drive to work. If i had the chance i would convert it to a 2lt from a focus or a XR-4, if i could find a front cut at the right price. I’m hoping to get some Koni or Bilstien shocks for it later next year if funds allow and maybe a strut tower brace.

I'm sure i've left out some things, Just holler if you have any questions :

One last pic with my 2 Y.O. daughter

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post