Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Default "Must be one of those days."

Ever had one of those days?

This morning I woke up…peeing down rain. No worries. Shower, brekky, same old same old. Walking out to my car, I get drenched only to realise I left my phone indoors, walk back in and repeat. Get drenched again.

Driving into work, my windscreen wiper blade comes loose and the wiper arm scratches the poop out of my windscreen. I pull over, get drenched fixing it and then get in and drive off.
Get to my work carpark, and cause it’s a fairly steep ramp, I go in on an angle. Today, I went in on too much of an angle and the left rear wheel was floating in the air. No traction, meant no getting up the ramp. Get drenched looking at it, and then manage to reverse up and fang it up the ramp.

Get into the carpark, still peeing down rain, I didn’t see a kerb divider in the carpark, straight up over it. BANG. Smashed underneath the sideskirt and pushed it back a good 2 inches. Got drenched seeing if there was anymore damage. But couldn’t see anyway. SO have to leave that one till I get home.

Get into the office, realise I left my phone (yet again) in the car. So a nice walk in a winter wonderland back to get it.

All this between 7-8am.

Hope the rest of my day is better.

Share your “Must be one of those day” stories!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
TP351
Lurker

You should live in Victoria, it's blue skies and warm here!! LOL
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Yes, one of those days, I had to get up before 10AM!

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Driving home last night - realised that the brake lights weren't working on the EL. OK, no worries. Go and get a new brake switch in the morning and all will be good and you should still be able to get off to work, albeit a little late.

Wake up this morning and get ready. Head out down to the local auto parts store which I thought opened at 7am. Nope, turns out it's 8:30am. OK, I'll try the mechanic, they open at 7am. Drive there...
Nope, since they've changed hands, they have revised their times and now open at 8am.

Bugger. Now I have to take an annual leave day to do a 10 minute job changing out the brake switch as by the time the stores open and I have the job done, I would get to work too late and there isn't any point in turning up then. Doesn't help that it takes 1.5 hours to get to work either.

I probably should get off the computer and go and do that brake switch now...
Old 20-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
ch33z1l
Dawn

I do remember a family vacation we took one down to victoria for one of the harness racing carnivals and had the old toyota camery station wagon.

The first mishap occurred when the dash lit up with warning signs galore and we were in the middle of nowhere. Eventually made it to a roadhouse where we rang NRMA and they diagnosed the alternator being on the way out.

So we kept going and came upon an accident scene (somewhere near cobram i think) where a car had rolled and caught alight, burning a few square mtres of a paddock. There were police and fire trucks attending to the fireball while traffic was backed up a few cars. Didn't look to be any victims luckily.

So we eventually got going again...only to come across a sheep truck that had rolled over and there were a few wandering sheep around. Luckily driver was ok.

Was a very eventful trip. Almost as someone or something was trying to throw a hint that we should turn around and go home. Pleased to say we made it in one piece.
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661

This morning I woke up…peeing down rain. No worries. Shower, brekky, same old same old. Walking out to my car, I get drenched only to realise I left my phone indoors, walk back in and repeat. Get drenched again.

Driving into work, my windscreen wiper blade comes loose and the wiper arm scratches the poop out of my windscreen. I pull over, get drenched fixing it and then get in and drive off.
Get to my work carpark, and cause it’s a fairly steep ramp, I go in on an angle. Today, I went in on too much of an angle and the left rear wheel was floating in the air. No traction, meant no getting up the ramp. Get drenched looking at it, and then manage to reverse up and fang it up the ramp.

Get into the carpark, still peeing down rain, I didn’t see a kerb divider in the carpark, straight up over it. BANG. Smashed underneath the sideskirt and pushed it back a good 2 inches. Got drenched seeing if there was anymore damage. But couldn’t see anyway. SO have to leave that one till I get home.

Get into the office, realise I left my phone (yet again) in the car. So a nice walk in a winter wonderland back to get it.

All this between 7-8am.

i laughed (sorry!)
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
BlackLS
yum

Had one a few months ago... Woke up late, went to get into the Foc but it was low of fuel so it wouldn't start, so I grabbed the EF, bad traffic to the station made a 5 min trip to a 25 min, 2 mins from the station I turn off the main road toward the station and hit the accelerator... *bang* goes the side of the radiator end tank, and in a big cloud of steam and a river of green following the Falcon, I park at the station.

Jump on the train which starts to depart. And soon stopped. "The train in front of us has caught fire, we're being diverted onto the Granville line instead of East Hills line". Ended up arriving over an hour late.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For starters keep your phone in your pocket ;)
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Thats funny mate have to laugh, your no one if you cant laugh
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
pottsy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Had one a few months ago... Woke up late, went to get into the Foc but it was low of fuel so it wouldn't start, so I grabbed the EF, bad traffic to the station made a 5 min trip to a 25 min, 2 mins from the station I turn off the main road toward the station and hit the accelerator... *bang* goes the side of the radiator end tank, and in a big cloud of steam and a river of green following the Falcon, I park at the station.

Jump on the train which starts to depart. And soon stopped. "The train in front of us has caught fire, we're being diverted onto the Granville line instead of East Hills line". Ended up arriving over an hour late.
now that is unlucky!!
pottsy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #11
smasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661

All this between 7-8am.

Think you should give up, go back home, glass of scotch on the rocks and reminise on the good times :P

BA XR8 Silhouette Ute
Premium Sound
BPR CAI
Highflow Cats
Cat back + rear muffler removed
Custom tune (HP) by Chris BPR
DBA's + Bendix Ultimates

230.6 rwkw!

!NO HEADERS!

Mods to come (on a budget) -
Tripod and gagues
Lowered