Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-10-2005, 07:54 PM   #31
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Love it. Nothing beats a drive down Beach Road at 8pm with the windows down. And nothing beats driving home from trade school down Beach Road with all the girls out with nothing on.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 08:07 PM   #32
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Absolutely luv daylight savings, extra time to train the horses and work on the car (hate working on the car in winter :() A few late afternoon cruises might be in order when the xb gets back on the road
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem with daylight saving in the eastern states is purely one of geography. If you look at the shape of Australia you will see that the coast north of Byron Bay slopes NNW.

Due to the distances involved (Melbourne is closer to Brisbane than Cairnes) and the relationship to the equator (Rocky is on the Tropic of Capricorn), daylight saving pushes the time zone so far forward relativisticly that you will be going to work before light and going home just after mid day. There is not much twilight up here, the sun is either up or down.

The problem with primary production is that the livestock do not have clocks. If the cows get milked just before dark that is when they will come in, they don't care that the milk truck driver wants overtime because it is 7pm.
If you have young kids you will understand how much fun it is with overtired sprogs not wanting to sleep because it is hot and still daylight.

The split zones are a bit of a pain but then CST & WST are always out of sync with EST so we really just have to build a bridge...
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #34
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Up here in Qld, we are to STUPID to have daylight savings. It doesnt matter that 80% of the population in cities want it. There should be 2 time zones in Qld, daylight savings time for the Capital city and Gold coast / Sunshine coast and EST (Eastern Stupid Time for everybody else). A quick footnote to all south of the Qld Border, please shut up, Im jealous.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 09:18 PM   #35
Falcon Freak
Banned

I love daylight savings and wish it would be introduced sooner. In year 2000 when the Olympics were held in Australia, start of daylight savings was brought forward two months to the end of August. I thought it was brilliant and wish it would stay that way. Unfortunately in 2001 they reverted to starting daylight savings at the end of October. I would rather have daylight after 8pm than daylight before 6am.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #36
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Day light saving's should be all yr, I love it and now I've just started a new job that I start at 7:30am and finish earlier at 4:30pm, more time to do thing's, yeah.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #37
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Flappist,good post as for the rest of you who want daylight saving....you won't have to worry soon once the new workplace regs are in place you'll be working dawn till dark just to make ends meet...maybe!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #38
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I hate daylight savings.
Actually I just don't like daylight.
It means that I will have to get up at 3.40am to go to work instead of 4.40am.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #39
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
An hour forward..

Remember it this way, spring forward, fall back. ;)
Love daylight saving,hate these Americanisms, sorry Lovin. BTW hows the pregnancy comming along hope all is well.
Old 19-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #40
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Could be worse - some people reckon Far north QLD is 20 years behind
First things first, FNQ is by far the best places in Australia to live in. Secondly, as I happen to be stuck in Brisbane at the moment, I do agree that SEQ should have daylight saving. But, as for the rest of QLD, hell no! It just dosen't work and IS NOT NECESSARY, which i think is a pretty good reason not to have daylight saving.
EF, What else? is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #41
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QLD,as a whole does not need daylight saving....it sucks bigtime...I know I've lived in states that have and I've lived in states and territory's that don't...give me real time anyday!!!!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post