Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-02-2005, 08:18 PM   #31
WASACL
Phat-Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
not sure of the chrome theme happening with fiestas... just not their style of car... plus chromes are due to go out of fashion, just like spinners were set to be a hit... but i laugh at everyone i see
Russ, you should know.... your car looks great without chromes....
After spending all day trying to fix the scratches on my rims (Dont worry tim i took lots of pics! :P) I have decided that if i was to do my time over again i would get White painted racing ones!

I think the white would look good on a fiesta! Nice set of enkei ones!

Russ
Old 23-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #32
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
Tempe doesnt just have chromes though....there are a few different styles...only problem is you get completely crap rubber on the rims you buy.
You can choose to pay more for good rubber, on a side note.

White rims look good on the Euro Fords if you are going for the rally look... Enkei and OZ Racing have some top quality rims - but you pay for them dearly.

:

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:33 AM   #33
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

White rims are nice on all new fords... hell..... Blue car with white rims = NNNNIIIIICCCCCEEEEEEE. Loving the new Fiesta ST with white rims....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:33 AM   #34
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

i want a set of white 18's with plenty of spokes like the OZ racing ones the tarmac rally focus' use.
Theres even a nice set on Tempe Tyres website, Concept Nine in 17's and 18's. But being at uni kinda sucks coz funds are verrrry limited. Only 2 more years.... :
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:38 AM   #35
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love rims that look like OZ racing F1 Cup. But they cost $3500 a set and don't fit on the fiesta. I also like MS15's but those are $700 Per rim, so yeh.

Largest rims that where even used on a fiesta where 19's and the car did drive on the roads (in UK).
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #36
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

EuroFordClub member and Infocus Motorsports show car, Marcus with his ZFOCUS, runs on 19 ich XHP Scorch rims:

Tim
Old 23-03-2005, 09:41 PM   #37
costy
ST 170

Default For sale

if any one is still after a set of ST 170 rim mine are for sale one mag has a small scratch. My body kit might also be for sale soon to. if any one out there wants them P.M. me
If anyone would like to look at my ST 170 it's at
http://www.eurofordclub.com/gallery/ST_170
Old 25-03-2005, 12:14 AM   #38
king_pin

FYI - I enquired a while a go about Concept 9s from Tempe Tyres with the following reply:

You can fit most of our wheels

But the concept 9 will not suit

You will need a wheel with the wheel holes covered so that the stud pattern can be altered or drilled from new

Please let me know what wheels you like with caps so that I can tell you which ones will fit or not

Thankyou

WheelMax in the US has a nice selection of rims that fit a Focus. If anyone know of any Australian companies (preferably Victorian) that stock the Exel wheels then please post here. As shipping from America I beleive would be out of the question and totally blow the budget.

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/Cars/focus.htm
king_pin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:37 PM   #39
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found these rims at Tempe Tyres and I'm, thinking about them for the focus. 17 inch package for $1100 (I think). Pretty good price. They are similar to the Zetec Rims. Not the same, but a similar style.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:40 PM   #40
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

They are nothing like the Zetec rims... :gren:

They are similar, though, to the optional 17 inch rims across the range, otherwise known as MP3 rims, as seen on my Focus here:

I know I am being picky, but the Zetec wishes it scored those rims standard. They would look great on a Focus!

Tim
Old 08-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #41
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No i mean its similar in that it has the 6 spokes. The cenre is completely different, but that are round as well :

I really like the Zetec Rims. They really seem to suit the Focus.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #42
b2tf
not here much anymore

I'm getting the GENUINE MP3 rims (yes Tim, i got them named right!) for a pretty good price. Not including tyres but i have that arranged elsewhere anyway. If you want a set, let me know.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #43
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't count. I just realised the Zetec are 7 spoke. I take that back. ecept for the bit about them being round
Old 08-04-2005, 09:50 PM   #44
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't have the money at the moment. I'm off OS next month, so I need to save some dollars. I will get rims later.

Thanks for the offer.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #45
b2tf
not here much anymore

OS eh? Very nice indeed. A wise decision too.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #46
b2tf
not here much anymore

Just a question, can you run 8" wide rims on a Focus?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 PM   #47
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I can't count. I just realised the Zetec are 7 spoke. I take that back. ecept for the bit about them being round
I'm sorry, but the Zetec rims are 5 x 2 spoke, the MP3 rims as seen on my car are 7 spoke, and the rims you posted are 7 spoke. You must be getting mixed up somewhere, the rims on my car as seen above are NOT Zetec rims, they are MP3 rims.

This is what a Zetec rim looks like:

This is what an MP3 rim looks like, which is an optional rim across the entire range:

And they are most like the ones you want to buy, which I have seen in white and look hot!

By the way, I bought these mags at Tempe Tires and did not have a problem with them. I love the rims and the tyres are actually good, they are so much more quiet than my old Goodyear Eagle F1s. I recommend them, they work on volume, so there's a million cars getting done at once, but they do deliver nationwide too.

Just some extra info to help you along your way! ;)

Tim

Last edited by Timmeh; 08-04-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #48
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

As for 8" wide, the man to ask is Marcus, as he runs 19s on his Focus that I think are 8" wide, but I am not sure if you have trouble with the standard suspension or not, as it is, my rims look suspiciously close to the top of the upper suspension arm?

If you can, you'll have big problems with insurance, especially RACV / NRMA. 8" wide is the devil, apparently, so their policy goes.

Tim
Old 09-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #49
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was the brochure I got from Ford that had the add for the Zetec with the MP3 rims. I thought those were the Zetec Rims.

Thanks for the info. I have much to learn.

The rims I'm after are the MP3's. They are a nice looking rim and suit the focus quite nicely
Old 09-04-2005, 10:19 PM   #50
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
It was the brochure I got from Ford that had the add for the Zetec with the MP3 rims. I thought those were the Zetec Rims.

Thanks for the info. I have much to learn.

The rims I'm after are the MP3's. They are a nice looking rim and suit the focus quite nicely
I was caught with that too - saw them on the Zetec R and thought they were Zetec Rims. As Timmeh so kindly pointed out, they're not. Although everyone ive spoken to associates them as Zetec rims too lol.

They do look good and the bonus is that they're a Gneuine Ford Wheel (some insurers get arky with aftermarket wheels), and they're dirt cheap for a 17" rim.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #51
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
As Timmeh so kindly pointed out...
Haha. :

Just something people mix up all the time, and apparently Ford's brochures aren't doing a good job of helping thatone. Still, I have a Ford press photo of the "Zetec" with ST170 rims and all! Dodgy!

Tim