Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
DAMO 58
Previously TUNGA

Default AU ute door handle

Hope some one can give me a bit of help . For some reason my passenger external door handle has become lose. it wobbles about one millimeter,how do i go about tightening it up . any advice would be great as its a bit annoying.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
DAMO 58
Previously TUNGA

sorry put it in the wrong place
Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

thats fine mate. Dauphin will see it and move it anyway

What you do to do up the bolts, is remove the door trim.

what you need: 10mm socket, PH2 Phillips head screw driver, Flathead screwdriver

3x screws along the bottom under the black/grey caps (dependant on series)
2x screws along the side of the door trim (looking at the side of it with the door open)
1x screw under the power window switches
2x 10mm bolts under the two grey/black caps that are just on the front of the door trim

then when you pull away, just make sure you are careful with the clips holding it in.. It will be a little hard to pull off, but just be careful with it

if it doesn't come off in a certain place, check around it for bolts/screws.. im quite sure thats all the screws/bolts, but its been close on 1year since i've removed an AU door trim.

then just look at the handle, and using the 10mm socket with extension bar, just tighten the two bolts holding the handle in.

Let us know how you go

Tony