Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #31
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
is your name really steffo? Also are you a certified lawyer? if not giving out legal advise is against the law!

Not a lawyer, but I have a legal obligation as part of my job, to give out the correct information and supply the correct things to ensure a vehicle complies with all the relevant roadworethiness laws. Otherwise, I can be sued and the company I work for can be sued.

Anything else you wish to know, Sire

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #32
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Not a lawyer, but I have a legal obligation as part of my job, to give out the correct information and supply the correct things to ensure a vehicle complies with all the relevant roadworethiness laws. Otherwise, I can be sued and the company I work for can be sued.

Anything else you wish to know, Sire
okay, trying not to take this too far off topic, but.....

a) no one on here knows who u are and no one cares,
b) unless ur company is paying you to be on here and write this stuff im sure they wont care wat you say.
c) i dont know wat company you work for and i dont care, i have seen alot of good advice and alot of bad advice on this forum and i havent seen or heard of anyone ever being sued, not in 3,000,000 posts.........

so to be blunt, you can drop the high horse crap.......

anywho.. thats the last outburst for this topic by me... cya...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #33
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
okay, trying not to take this too far off topic, but.....

a) no one on here knows who u are and no one cares,
b) unless ur company is paying you to be on here and write this stuff im sure they wont care wat you say.
c) i dont know wat company you work for and i dont care, i have seen alot of good advice and alot of bad advice on this forum and i havent seen or heard of anyone ever being sued, not in 3,000,000 posts.........

so to be blunt, you can drop the high horse crap.......

anywho.. thats the last outburst for this topic by me... cya...

And you're the one saying I shouldn't give out legal advise because I'm not a lawyer or I can be sued. Now the back flip. Make your mind up.

I can only give the advise from my employment and experience. Isn't that what this forum is about or are you trying to dictate what gets put on here?

My advise is directed on how to get this problem sorted quickly, as we all know how slack Ford service is.

I do think it's a case of you not caring and that's your choice. I am only telling how it is and how to fix it as soon as possible. If people don't, then it's pointless putting up problems on here.

Keep us posted how things go with the replacement

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 24-01-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #34
mohit

Just a bit of an update. Went down to a Goodyear tyre centre this morning to show them the Strapp Ford service report that states the tyre is faulty and needs to be replaced under warranty.

They have ordered in a tyre and i'll be returning next weekend to get it fitted to the Focus.
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #35
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Ripper

Old 06-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #36
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

In the motorcycle industry if a OE tyre has a fault while the bike is under warranty it is up to the motorcycle dealer to put through a claim, then if the claim is successful the tyre will be sourced direct from the motorcycle manufacturer, so lets say if its a Suzuki it will come from Suzuki parts ex Japan.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #37
mohit

I had 2 choices after Ford had seen the tyre and confirmed it was faulty:

1. Take the car back to Ford at the same time a Goodyear rep would have been present. If the rep had signed off on the warranty claim, Ford would have organized to have a tyre ordered in and fitted to the car.

2. Take the Ford warranty report to a Goodyear tyre centre where a Goodyear employee would sign off on the warranty claim and order in a tyre. Take the car back to Goodyear to have the tyre fitted up.

Due to my time being valuable to me, i could not afford to leave the car with Ford for another 1 or 2 days for Option 1. Regardless of what people have been saying in this thread about what should have happened.

Option 2 has cost me no more than 15 mins so far which included 10 mins driving time to get to Goodyear.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #38
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

are they talking free replacement or pro rata ?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #39
mohit

Went into the Goodyear tyre centre today to get the new tyre put on. They put the LHRear wheel which had the out of round tyre on the balancing machine and spun it up just to check it before they pulled the tyre off the wheel. Weirdly the tyre was not out of round.

They thought ok it must be the LHFront wheel so they put that on but also not out of round. I saw this all with my own eyes as they called me into the workshop area to show me.

They balanced up the LHRear wheel again (which was meant to be out of round) and i got them to put it on the front and took the car for a test drive. The wheel shimmy and vibration used to occur at freeway speeds but when i hit the freeway there was absolutely no shimmy or vibration. The car tracked straight and true.

So it looks like whatever part of the tyre that was out of round has come smooth over time/distance or when the wheel was balanced in the past the correct cone attachment was not used on the balancing machine. I'm thinking it's the first one as how could 3 separate tyre places have not been able to balance the wheel (Bob Jane, Ford and Bridgestone)?

Another thing to note was the new Goodyear NCT5 tyre that was there waiting to go on had a different tread design to the tyres on the Focus. The ones on the car have a 4 rib design while the new one has a 5 rib design. So looks like Goodyear has changed the tread design on the the NCT5 sometime in the last couple of years.

The Goodyear tyre centre manager who i was dealing with said he will ring around a few shops and try and get an NCT5 tyre with the older tread design (new old stock) but i don't think i'll need it as whatever the problem was seems to have disappeared.
Old 27-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #40
mohit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter

are they talking free replacement or pro rata ?
Would have been free
Old 16-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #41
Johnnie
Starter Motor

I was interested to read this. I had a 2008 LT CL Focus hatch, manual, and it too suffered from a vibration through the sterring wheel at highway speeds. I too suspected an out of round tyre, as I've experienced one before, many years ago.

But I couldn't get my Ford dealer to look into the problem properly. Despite my saying it occurred at highway speeds, it was obvious from the speedo reading (ie kilometers travelled by the car whilst it was in their care) that they did not take it anywhere where they could travel at highway speeds.

They ended up blaming tyre pressure - and frankly treated me like a complete idiot. I had other problems with my Focus too, and I know only too well how I must have sounded to the service guys, complaining about an array of strange noises that they claimed they could not replicate.

I was going to do some tyre swapping of my own to try and find the culprit - but eventually decided to bail out of the Focus after 4 months.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post