Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
sleeper393

Default replacement factory seat covers

replacement factory seat covers , anyone know where to buy, for my au series 3 , as i have a nice burn on one from dropping my soldering iron.

123.4 GROUND TEARING RWKW'S , LOL
sleeper393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just buy the throw over covers, thats what i did to protect my seats, didnt realise ford had factory seat covers

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

if youve burnt the cloth trim.. you basically need to go to the wreckers and find one in good nick.. would be too expensive for an upholsterer to repair...

or if youre not making a show car, get a throw over cover...

otherwise, it may be a nice time to upgrade to ghia leather if you have the cash.
AUIIPURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
sleeper393

Thumbs up

yeah i wish leather , i remember seeing somewhere replacement seat covers for au's ; forte, futura , fairmont etc , etc
Old 09-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probally on ebay, i no they sell the custom standerd covers to fit over the fronts and rear seats, ill look up on ebay

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 09-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SEAT-COVER-F-...item563978a4f8

Old 09-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

or leather seat covers

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEATHER-SEAT-...item3cadb1cf08

Old 09-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
sleeper393

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
nah , what im after is to take off my old seat material from the factory , and put on brand new ones, like if the seats were on the essembly line at ford and getting there seat material fitted , sorry for any .
like this- but factory originals

Last edited by sleeper393; 09-08-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #9
robbyj
Rob

so the actual material used to cover the seat foam?
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #10
sleeper393

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobuleh
so the actual material used to cover the seat foam?
YAAAAHHHHHHH , GOT IT , FACTORY ORIGINALS
Old 09-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #11
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

seems so... i guess thats an option. but i doubt youd find it new..

if you do come across what youre thinking of, let us know where from.
AUIIPURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #12
robbyj
Rob

doubt you'll be able to buy that from ford, best bet would be a wreckers/ebay and will probably have to buy a whole seat??
Old 09-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #13
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

probally best of buying xr seats anyways instead off effing around changing the materials over, prob work out cheaper in the long run just finding xr seats if thats what ya after

Old 09-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #14
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Covering and uncovering the seats is actually quite a simple process TBH

We used to replace the foam inserts inside the seats in the cabs. To get to them, there's just a dozen or so funny staples on the underside of the seats - just take em off the rails and it's obvious what's what.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #15
robbyj
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Covering and uncovering the seats is actually quite a simple process TBH

We used to replace the foam inserts inside the seats in the cabs. To get to them, there's just a dozen or so funny staples on the underside of the seats - just take em off the rails and it's obvious what's what.
always wondered if it was only the staple things holding the material there.. or whether it was actually stitched in. thanks =D

I guess that answers half the question, as for the material, i'm still guessing your looking at buying a whole seat the same as yours.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #16
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Try ringing a few motor trimers in the phone book as they quite often have to buy a roll of a material to do 1 repair and then have enough left over for many more. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post