Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2023, 04:44 AM   #1
fordboy1981

Default Jim Mock Jailed?!!

Does anyone know if this is the same Jim Mock of Jim Mock Motorsport?!

https://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/po...against-girl-7
fordboy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2023, 05:58 AM   #2
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: Jim Mock Jailed?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordboy1981 View Post
Does anyone know if this is the same Jim Mock of Jim Mock Motorsport?!

https://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/po...against-girl-7
Computer says yes.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2023, 09:37 AM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Wow there you go - he was the guru of E series performance stuff during the 00s.

What an absolute scumbag.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2023, 02:04 PM   #4
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got a set of his extractors on my ED.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2023, 04:02 PM   #5
HIPO
Al

HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2023, 04:37 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Makes you wonder if he had a history of this stuff and this is just the first time he got convicted for it.
Old 31-01-2023, 05:08 PM   #7
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Makes you wonder if he had a history of this stuff and this is just the first time he got convicted for it.
I would think That's a Given, Franco...
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2023, 06:31 PM   #8
UTXR8

same one...lost his ford dealership in mildura for dodgy dealings....selling new ford vehicle via ford credit to indigenous people without the means for repayment...allegedly....once the first or second monthly repayment was made, the remainder was guaranteed by one of our government, state orfederal, im not sure....a mate of mine was one of his top salesman, back then...allegedly...
UTXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-01-2023, 09:22 PM   #9
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

F!@#en rock spiders.
Another one I hope does not see the light of day again
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2023, 10:16 PM   #10
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I doubt it would have been his first rodeo unfortunately.

During my working career I spent a few years investigating these sorts of offences. It never ceased to amaze me how these characters sought to justify their behaviour. The hard core ones honestly don't believe they're doing anything wrong.

It's an interesting field to work in, but one that has a definite 'use by' date.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2023, 10:20 PM   #11
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Yes per https://www.afr.com/politics/ford-cr...19980406-k8281
Quote:
Ford Credit car loans under ACCC scrutiny
Ian Rogers
Apr 6, 1998 – 10.00am

More than 80 car loans provided by Ford Credit Australia to customers of a Mildura Ford dealer are being investigated by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and Victoria's Department of Fair Trading after allegations were raised by the

Consumer Credit Legal Centre.

Examination of the loans, made between May 1996 and late 1997, will represent the first significant investigation into a credit financier's lending practices under the uniform consumer credit code, which came into force in November 1996.

The loans at the centre of the investigation were made through the Ford dealership in Mildura, run by Mr Jim Mock, and were all to Aboriginal men and women from the towns of Mildura, Robinvale, Broken Hill and Wilcannia.

The Melbourne-based Consumer Credit Legal Service referred the 86 contracts, with a combined value of about $1.2 million and which affect about 160 people, to the State's Department of Fair Trading.

The principal shareholder and head of Jim Mock Ford in Mildura, Mr Jim Mock, told The Australian Financial Review that his dealership held an "open door" policy with Ford Credit during the time most of the loans were made.

Mr Mock said Ford Credit "suggested we take on some higher-risk business to mix with our existing business, which would give Ford Credit more sales and would give the dealership more sales and would be better for everybody."

He said the open door policy was wound back in 1997.

Managing director of Ford Credit, Mr Geoff Green, said he did not know what was meant by an open door policy: "That's not the way that we do business. Every application is assessed and we have a credit scoring process.

"In terms of misrepresentation, yeah, there has been."

Mr Green said he did not believe any of the contracts were void.

"Though the misrepresentation occurred, the customer signed these misrepresentations," he said.

The controversy coincides with the demise of the dealership.

Ford Credit appointed Mr Andrew Home, of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Melbourne, as receiver and manager of Jim Mock Pty Ltd in February this year. Mr Home did not return calls.

Mr Green said he did not want to answer questions on the receivership.

Mr Mock said Ford Credit told him this was a "technical receivership" and was instigated by the financier after legal action was launched by the CCLC.

He said his dealership was making "good profits" and at the most recent quarter had made "129 per cent of our forward objectives".

The most recent accounts show this company made a net profit in 1995 of $69,000 on equity of $67,000.

Speaking of Ford Credit's loan assessment practices during this time, Mr Mock said: "I don't think they were responsible when they assessed them and I don't think there was ever any intention to be responsible."

Mr Russell Mitchell, a solicitor with the CCLC, said Ford Credit did not check any of the details on loan applications and simply approved the loans.

He said that the dealer allegedly targeted elders in the Aboriginal community and allegedly told them that Jim Mock Ford could put them into a car.

The customers were sold used Fords said by Mr Mitchell to have been of "varying ages and conditions".

Mr Mitchell said the dealer would "jack up" the price of the cars by between $3,000 and $5,000.

Mr Mock said $5,000 was normal retail mark-up on the wholesale price of a car.

Many of the borrowers are or were employed under the Community Development Employment Program, a scheme which pays an income equivalent to unemployment benefit.

Most of the contracts were written under Victoria's old Credit Act. The uniform credit code, which applies across all States, came into force in November 1996.

Mr Mock said that of the 86 loan contracts "there is only 17 that they've ever had any problem with. The others are being paid for in a normal manner.

"It's been reported to me that there has been some repossessions and some slow payments. But it is only in 17. The balance they've had no problems with."

The uniform consumer credit code requires lenders to establish that borrowers understand loan contracts before they enter into them and that they have the capacity to pay. Failure to make these checks, or to provide documents to borrowers required by the code, can render a contract void.

Mr Mock said details provided in loan applications to Ford Credit were "as accurate as Ford Credit required. We worked for Ford Credit. We worked for them as an agent . . . we cannot possibly work independently. That is what has been put up. It can't be done".

Asked if information provided on applications for finance was false, Mr Mock said: "No. I don't believe it was false. We have to rely on information that was given to us by the customer.
Old 31-01-2023, 11:59 PM   #12
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

He also has a facebook account https://www.facebook.com/jwmock000 I have reported him to facebook per https://www.facebook.com/help/210081...lpref=uf_share but from experience I know they usually need a few reports before they act and close the offender's account so it may be helpful if a few more also report him. I doubt they will allow him to use facebook in prison, but you can never be completely certain.
Old 01-02-2023, 12:00 AM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
He also has a facebook account https://www.facebook.com/jwmock000 I have reported him to facebook per https://www.facebook.com/help/210081...lpref=uf_share but from experience I know they usually need a few reports before they act and close the offender's account so it may be helpful if a few more also report him. I doubt they will allow him to use facebook in prison, but you can never be completely certain.
He kinda looks like Jeffrey Epstein, if they don't share looks they share another 'hobby' anyway
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2023, 10:40 AM   #14
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

The timeline of the Ford Credit debacle in Mildura also coincides with the downturn, and ultimate demise of the JMM performance business in Tottenham… At the time, I know there was a massive falling out between him and his sons.. All makes sense now
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2023, 11:35 AM   #15
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Hope they get to him in jail......
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2023, 11:54 AM   #16
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKFORD220 View Post
Hope they get to him in jail......
Sadly they get special protection in jail and put them all together.

Hope he rots, rockspiders are the worst of the worst of humanity
Old 01-02-2023, 12:08 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Sounds like he has been a dodgy guy for a long time. Never knew he used to run/own a dealership.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2023, 03:02 PM   #18
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
He kinda looks like Jeffrey Epstein, if they don't share looks they share another 'hobby' anyway
Anthony Bourdain too.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2023, 04:49 PM   #19
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

I cannot say what i want to about this filthy scum so i will shut my keyboard down.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................. now !
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2023, 05:10 PM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
The timeline of the Ford Credit debacle in Mildura also coincides with the downturn, and ultimate demise of the JMM performance business in Tottenham… At the time, I know there was a massive falling out between him and his sons.. All makes sense now
You reckon they knew what the old man was doing behind closed doors? Or was it related to his dodgy finance dealings?
Old 01-02-2023, 05:34 PM   #21
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
You reckon they knew what the old man was doing behind closed doors? Or was it related to his dodgy finance dealings?
There is no reason to do inappropriate things to children. Simple as that.
Any parent will look at this kind of thing a lot harsher then a person without a kid (kids) of their own. Not saying people without kids dont look at this stuff harshly, but there is something extremely wrong with someone who preys on children sexually. Or even preys on children at all.
Parental instinct is to keep your kid(s) away from harm.
I give absolutely zero ****s wheather that bloke could tune an e seiries falcon. What he did was plain and simple wrong.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2023, 06:17 PM   #22
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

He would wanna hope and prey Chris never comes face to face with him, i had very little respect for mock before, i have minus 1000000+ now

Please shut this thread down before i get banned, i cannot believe i have had telephone conversations with this thing !
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2023, 06:30 PM   #23
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
There is no reason to do inappropriate things to children. Simple as that.
Any parent will look at this kind of thing a lot harsher then a person without a kid (kids) of their own. Not saying people without kids dont look at this stuff harshly, but there is something extremely wrong with someone who preys on children sexually. Or even preys on children at all.
Parental instinct is to keep your kid(s) away from harm.
I give absolutely zero ****s wheather that bloke could tune an e seiries falcon. What he did was plain and simple wrong.
No one here is saying let alone implied what he did isn't wrong, I have zero idea where you got that from

You can't 'fix' them either, regardless how much psychological work you put them through, its one of those jobs.

You can take comfort in that at his age being given a 10 year sentence its likely a 'life sentence', you're on borrowed time as a male over 80 years old, and thats assuming you've actually looked after yourself properly, the last decade of his life aren't going to be 'comfortable' years.

He's going to be isolated away from the regular people there for his own protection, in amongst a bunch of freaks.

I reckon he has prior runs on the board we don't know about, this is just the one he got caught for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
He would wanna hope and prey Chris never comes face to face with him, i had very little respect for mock before, i have minus 1000000+ now

Please shut this thread down before i get banned, i cannot believe i have had telephone conversations with this thing !
Those of you who actually had dealings with the guy, what was he like - did he give off creep vibes?

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 01-02-2023 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-02-2023, 08:37 PM   #24
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You can't 'fix' them either
Yes you can, google Richard Huckle. Although the fix for him was too short and too kind.

Child sex abuse victims John Bunting and Robert Wagner were on the right track, before they started getting greedy and knocking off innocent centre link beneficiaries for their money.
If they had of continued down the path of hunting pedos they'd have a type of reputation similar to Ned Kelly.
I think there were a bunch of reddit pedofags who took exception to them knocking off their own kind. Defending that aids ridden creep Barry Lane etc.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2023, 10:43 PM   #25
HIPO
Al

Yep this sort of thing is far more prevalent than most realize..... i put in a fair bit of time into exposing these scum using Facebook.... enjoy using that platform against itself too!
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2023, 11:15 PM   #26
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Those of you who actually had dealings with the guy, what was he like - did he give off creep vibes?
I gave him money a number of times while he had his shop in Altona North.

Always felt he was a condescending, sleezy, slimy businessman. Wouldn't say creep, but something definitely unlikeable. I was also well aware of what happened at his Mildura dealership back then too, which probably set the tone.

Brendan was hot and cold to me. An interesting helpful bloke one day and underhanded and weird the next.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2023, 10:25 AM   #27
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Got along fine with Brendan… Smart cookie too, with E series Falcons, some here would remember his turbo E series from AFF Heathcote drags?
His old man, as mentioned was a slimy bastard and what I’d call a “typical used car salesman”… Continually on stop-credit and owing us money, only coughing up when he wanted more machining work done.. Rinse & repeat until we finally severed all ties.. which also was around the same time the shutters went up in their Tottenham factory.
Still to this day owes us money.
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
4 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2023, 10:32 AM   #28
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Got along fine with Brendan… Smart cookie too, with E series Falcons, some here would remember his turbo E series from AFF Heathcote drags?
His old man, as mentioned was a slimy bastard and what I’d call a “typical used car salesman”… Continually on stop-credit and owing us money, only coughing up when he wanted more machining work done.. Rinse & repeat until we finally severed all ties.. which also was around the same time the shutters went up in their Tottenham factory.
Still to this day owes us money.
Send him registered mail to his prison cell with an invoice inside, just so you can keep the stamped reciept with the prison's signature on it and his name

Imagine being in prison, you get some mail and it's just an invoice on money you owe for years because you're a scumbag.

I've still got one of those as a trophy from a customer who owed me money years ago who paid up.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2023, 10:43 AM   #29
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Last time I went “debt collecting” This is what the place looked like.. Shuttered up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2023, 12:01 PM   #30
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Last time I went “debt collecting” This is what the place looked like.. Shuttered up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Life imitating art, he'll be used to bars over windows for the next 10 years
4 users like this post: