Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #31
lincoln
Blinded

I didn't take delivery of the faulty car. My car was a fresh one from Canberra and has been faultless.
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2005, 01:57 AM   #32
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Serious mechanical issues, let me clear up, I didn't mean terminal failure, just meant it had to have an engine part replaced that meant ordering the part in from Europe I'd have confidently purchased it myself in total honesty, it was just not as simple as a reflash, that's what I meant by serious. Once fixed it was right as rain.
Old 26-08-2005, 03:37 AM   #33
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Serious mechanical issues, let me clear up, I didn't mean terminal failure, just meant it had to have an engine part replaced that meant ordering the part in from Europe I'd have confidently purchased it myself in total honesty, it was just not as simple as a reflash, that's what I meant by serious. Once fixed it was right as rain.
Oh right..... i still wouldnt want a car that has been touched....... Just like stories ive heard about cars paint being touched up before delivery....... Not from you though....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2005, 11:51 AM   #34
lincoln
Blinded

Not touched? What are you on about??! I'm happy that Ford picked up the fault in the first place. Better than me taking delivery of it and then having my car off the road for a month waiting for a part!

The number of new cars that I've bought with faulty parts from the factory is scary. I'm glad the cars are inspected thoroughly by the dealers before delivery, but often it's still not enough and problems still get through.

Yes, ideally all of this stuff should be fixed on the factory floor and the car is perfect when you take delivery. But that's far from reality, from any marque.
Old 26-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #35
whippet_zetec
Supes

hey lincoln, are you giving that ST170 a thrash on the eurofordclub cruise in September?
Old 26-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #36
lincoln
Blinded

When in September? Depends if I've sold it... although, I may be pulling it off the market soon anyway.
Old 26-08-2005, 05:34 PM   #37
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Oh right..... i still wouldnt want a car that has been touched....... Just like stories ive heard about cars paint being touched up before delivery....... Not from you though....
You will never know unless you work at the dealership yourself.

Id say approximately 10% of cars that go through dealers have a fault with them that is fixed at PD, whether it be paint or trim related..

Some of them are shocking! :thebirds:
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 01:50 PM   #38
owens

Woohoo. Car has arrived at the dealer... won't be long now
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I actually saw a white LS sedan in Shell Cove (new estate near Shellharbour down south) and it had Rims like Wasacl (Russ).... lowered too i believe... looked mighty fine!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 31-08-2005, 02:17 PM   #40
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by owens
Woohoo. Car has arrived at the dealer... won't be long now
Nice one owens, looking forward to hearing that you've picked it up!!

My contact at our dealer has told me that they should be receiving it either today or tomorrow.. Hopefully I can pick it up on Friday arvo
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #41
owens

Awesome. Here's hoping we both have them for the weekend.
Old 31-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #42
owens

Just went up to see it, and it's a very sexy car. Jeans Blue is a really nice colour, although it was in the garage the salesman said it looked better in the sunlight.

Friday is the day.
Old 31-08-2005, 04:47 PM   #43
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Just went up to see it, and it's a very sexy car. Jeans Blue is a really nice colour, although it was in the garage the salesman said it looked better in the sunlight.

Friday is the day.
He's right, it looks great in the sun.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #44
losfp

Quote:
Awesome. Here's hoping we both have them for the weekend.
Sadly, this looks like it might not be the case.

11am on Friday, and still no car has arrived at the dealer. They are saying that it is "likely" that the car will come in today (2nd), but probably won't be ready for delivery today. D'oh. Come on, how long does it take to give it a quick wash and stick floor mats in it?

So fingers crossed we should be able to pick it up tomorrow (sat). Do they deliver cars to dealers on weekends? If not, I'm in real danger of having to wait until next week if it doesn't arrive today!
Old 02-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #45
owens

That sucks. You've waited long enough already and still they can't tell you when it's going to be in.

I got told mine would arrive on friday last week or monday this week, but it arrived on Tuesday morning, so I think the truck drivers are more to blame than the dealers.

I've just come out of the bank with the $$$ and the dealer just rang to say my car will be ready this arvo, I can't wait.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #46
losfp

owens, don't forget to post pics once you get the car ;)

Hopefully I will get to do the same thing in the next few days as well! Very frustrating, you really only deal with the dealers, but it is largely out of their control from the time they place the order and get an allocation, to the time when it gets physically delivered to them - so all they can do is shrug their shoulders and tell you that they don't know either.

I'd love to have phone hotlines to the factory, shipping company, customs and truck drivers, so I can harrass them all individually as the car passes along the line
Old 02-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #47
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
So fingers crossed we should be able to pick it up tomorrow (sat). Do they deliver cars to dealers on weekends? If not, I'm in real danger of having to wait until next week if it doesn't arrive today!
I doubt they will because saturday is usually the busiest day for them, and they cant spend the time to dicuss the features and how the car works. I managed to pick up my LR Focus (well my parents did) on a saturday, but that was a bit of a struggle for the above reason. The line they used was that it was for my bday, which wasnt really that day and they didnt wana spoil it for me. They caved in completely, but told them to come back on monday so that they could clearly explain the car's features to me.

So losfp, use your imagination... :

Tom
Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #48
losfp

Well, now the world is just being cruel. I step outside to grab some lunch, and what drives past as I'm waiting at the pedestrian lights at the intersection? A red CL hatch. Bah!

chevaps, I'm hoping my "well, I HAVE waiting eight weeks for this car..." spiel will work in giving the dealer a bit of a hurry up!
Old 02-09-2005, 01:33 PM   #49
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
Come on, how long does it take to give it a quick wash and stick floor mats in it?
There's a bit more to it than that. Pre delivery (if done properly) means the car is checked over by the mechanics, then sent to detailing where your accessories are put on. If there's things like spoilers etc to go on it may need to go to paint shop first where these will be fitted. Detailers wash it, clean it, vacuum (all the usual stuff) and then your floor mats will be either put in the car ready to go, or left in the packets and given to you to put in. Most will do the latter to save their staff trampling all over your new mats!
Old 02-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #50
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
There's a bit more to it than that. Pre delivery (if done properly) means the car is checked over by the mechanics, then sent to detailing where your accessories are put on. If there's things like spoilers etc to go on it may need to go to paint shop first where these will be fitted. Detailers wash it, clean it, vacuum (all the usual stuff) and then your floor mats will be either put in the car ready to go, or left in the packets and given to you to put in. Most will do the latter to save their staff trampling all over your new mats!
b2tf, stop posting sensible posts!!! i LIKE being in an irrational frame of mind ;)

It's funny, I've already waited 8 weeks, but yet the potential 1-2 extra days is really really doing my head in.. ;)
Old 02-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #51
losfp

Argh!! Looks like this car is NEVER going to come. Now apparently they have confirmed that the car will be delivered to the dealer on Monday, and possibly be ready for me to collect on Tuesday (6th). Won't be able to enjoy it on the weekend, but hopefully there are no more dramas after that!!!!!

After this, I don't think I want to buy another new car for the next 20 years......
Old 02-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #52
Inyang
Starter Motor

Ordered a LX hatch auto last July 15 and until now the dealer can't give me an ETA.
Inyang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:41 PM   #53
owens

Hey guys, well I got it

I picked it up after work this arvo and it's an awesome car to drive. I just want to get out and drive it some more, but I havea big trip tomorrow which I'm looking forward to now more than ever.

I only have two pics of it from the same angle. Forgive the quality too, the light was pretty low.

As you can see I got the tinting and I think it looks pretty cool. Also got the bonnet protector and headlight protectors too.

Inside the car is nice, with the seats nice and firm (A big change to my 2000 Corolla). Stereo sounds good too.

Acceleration and handling are awesome and I can't wait to try it out on some bends.

I hope you guys get yours soon, if you keep getting stuffed around it may be worthwhile doing what I did and being flexible on your colour and perhaps they can get it from another dealer.

Cheers,
Owen.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:35 PM   #54
b2tf
not here much anymore

Nice choice, thats jeans blue right? And where are you centre caps?

losfp, sorry for being logical :. Dont worry, I can understand where you're coming from. My bank screwed up the funds release for my car, left it waiting there ready to go for an entire week. I was not a happy camper! :

I know its been said MANY tims before but soon enough yours will turn up. However, if its not there on Monday I would be making a pretty stern call to the DP asking wtf is going on - its ok if they dont know, but theyve told you a date and are now changing it? That seems a bit off to me.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:49 AM   #55
losfp

Nice one owens (you lucky @#&)*$&@# ;) ) - that looks pretty awesome!

I was hoping to drive out to the football on sat, but looks like I will have to do one more M2/Harbour Tunnel/Eastern Distributor run in the old '93 Barina.. God, every kilometre we travel in that thing is pure torture now....

Inyang, I ordered on July 9th! You have to call and email and harrass them until they can help you. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't be sitting here... still waiting for a car that's late!
Old 03-09-2005, 02:50 AM   #56
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Has anyone noticed the miscoloured bumper???? Seems to be more noticeable on darker cars (besides black)...... I love the jeans blue though, and that tint just finishes it off! NICE CHOICE! Congrats to all the new owners.......

Old 03-09-2005, 08:23 AM   #57
owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Nice choice, thats jeans blue right? And where are you centre caps?
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you mean the circle in the middle of the wheels, there's a navy blue circle with a ford logo on them there.

Yep it's jeans blue, and I haven't noticed a miscoloured bumper, but I guess I haven't looked that closely for colour. When I saw the car last tuesday, where the corner of the bumper is where it meets the wheel arch, one side wasn't sitting flush, it was sticking out about 5mm. I know it's not a big deal, but a new car, I don't expect it to be out of shape. It was still like that when I went to pick the car up yesterday but I told him again I didn't like it and the guys in the service department fixed it up before I drove away.

There are a few small paint chips in the car already though. What should I do about them? Should I let the dealer know before I go driving it anymore so that they can fix it up next week?
Old 03-09-2005, 09:21 AM   #58
rider007

Smile

Owens , nice choice of colour. Can you please post photos of the interior ?. I am having a hard time trying to find an LX to see what the interior is like .Also, what % tint did you get ?.
rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #59
owens

Hi Rider.

I'll try and get some shots of the interior sometime today. Is there anything you want closeups of?

At night when you've got the lights on the colours in the speedo look pretty cool.

Cheers,
Owen.

The tint was from the dealer and it's the 35% one. I think any darker and it would be too hard to see out of
Old 04-09-2005, 03:12 PM   #60
rider007

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi Rider.

I'll try and get some shots of the interior sometime today. Is there anything you want closeups of?

At night when you've got the lights on the colours in the speedo look pretty cool.

Cheers,
Owen.

The tint was from the dealer and it's the 35% one. I think any darker and it would be too hard to see out of
Any interior shots would be nice , but of the interior side door handle, arm rests also. :1syellow1. Isn't 30% the darkest legal tint possible ?.
rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post