Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Technical Area

Old 24-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #1
DaveD_XB

Default Re: Wheel & Tyre combo's - Coupe

I assume you just mean the rears?, they are 17x10.5" with a 6" backspace
1972 Dodge Challenger R/T - Mopar Weekend Toy
1969 GTO - Pontiac Weekend Toy
DaveD_XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #2
Captain Risky
Starter Motor

Hey Fellas, I want to get some of this 15x10 action for the back of my XA hardtop. Is there any chance of mickey thomson 28 or 29x12.5 15s fitting a standard length diff without guard mods? Any improvements if you go 10.5 tyres instead of 12.5s?
Im struggling a bit trying to decide between 15x10 magnums/jellybeans and convo pros

Captain Risky
Captain Risky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #3
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Risky View Post
Hey Fellas, I want to get some of this 15x10 action for the back of my XA hardtop. Is there any chance of mickey thomson 28 or 29x12.5 15s fitting a standard length diff without guard mods? Any improvements if you go 10.5 tyres instead of 12.5s?
Im struggling a bit trying to decide between 15x10 magnums/jellybeans and convo pros

Captain Risky
How's the XA 4 door going?
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
Captain Risky
Starter Motor

Ha ha, I assume you refer to the xb four door in the tv insurance ads? It was out of commission following the recent speedway debacle however it will return bigger, more wonderful and more powerful than ever! I have recently concocted a intake system of 8x 350 holley carburettors and 2x superchargers on an ingenious cross ram manifold of my own design ;), with which I will attempt to jump the main crocodile pool at Australia Zoo. While still negotiation the fine minuta with the Irwin family at the present, and working hard to tune out the massive holley dead spot, I am confident with the tremendous power from my new setup I will not fail!

On a more serious note I scored a pair of 15x10 sampsons in 5" backspace on the weekend, bought brand new by the seller 30 something yrs ago, never fitted to a car, in amazing condition they dont even need polishing! Ive read this thread start to finish several time, I noticed old mate with these rims on his cobra has 5 1/4 backspace.
Are my rims fine to use as is or should I machine the extra 1/4 in from them before the tyres get fitted?

Captain Risky eagerley awaits a reply....

Last edited by Captain Risky; 14-11-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 18-11-2016, 10:39 PM   #5
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Awesome buying there, just love old Skool Sampson/Magnums. If I were you I'd fit up the tyres then try the wheels on the car. The tyres (295 I assume) will have sidewall bulge and some sidewall flex on cornering so you want to make sure you have enough clearance to the rear springs.

There would be nothing worse than taking material off the hub face of those wheels only to find you have tyre rub against the springs. Can't put that material back on!!!

Convo Pro's??? Done to death!!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2016, 01:56 AM   #6
Captain Risky
Starter Motor

Thanks Bearman, i think they look awesome too. Now to find a pair of matching 15x8s or even 14s.
Was hoping to fit some of those Mickey Thompson sportsman or goodyear race tyres, pretty close to a 295 for width though,

Captain Risky
Old 23-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #7
CJR09
RPO 77

So looking to obtain the stance of the 1974 Goss/Bartlett XA beast.

Looks like the rims are 15" x 10" challengers front and rear - but the tyres i am struggling to make out - maybe a wider 40 series on the rear and slightly skinnier 50 series on the front?

Does anyone have any info as to the setup/spec on this vehicle - STD width diff? Suspension?

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post