Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-02-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
Zetec Dave

Default Forced induction for 2009 Fiesta Zetec?

Hi everyone, does anybody know or have any news about whether there will be any turbo or supercharger kits for the new 2009 Fiesta?
I've been looking around but nothing yet. The Fiesta drives nicely but would luv it more if it had more power for spirited driving.

Any positive enlightening info would be much appreciated _2:

Cheers

Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

The 1.6L the new Fiesta uses is a brand new motor so I would have thought it was too early to see a kit specific for them. These are the first Fiestas here to have variable valve timing so engine management would need revisiting. Keep an eye on English websites like Pumaspeed and Team Torquesteer for any packages that might come out.
Old 24-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

The Fiesta fans around here can correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the new Fiesta ST (XR4 over here) going to have a 1.6 turbo as opposed to the 2.0 atmo engine it has now. I know ford hasn't confirmed the car will even be built (it will though.....) but that engine will basically be a turbo version of the top line 1.6 VCT (which is standard engine in manual australian fiestas).

Might be worth waiting for such a car to be built and then come here. With teh current XR4 getting good wraps you can be pretty sure Australia will bring the ST here as an XR. Would cost more than just a stand alone turbo/supercharger but would be a complete car.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

I think turbocharged version will be the Fiesta RS (along with the Focus RS), could be wrong. And RS's usually stay in the UK/Europe.
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Ford have not confirmed anything with the new ST.

The 1.6L Turbo motor basically only shares the block with the regular 1.6. It is a turbochargered direct injection motor.