Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
oldsoftboss

Default Squeeze Me

We are looking to get a new Fiesta Zetec in the near future, and our biggest decision is the color. My wife and I both decided on the green (squeeze) as it's bright and a bit of fun.

Question... Has anyone seen the new fiesta in squeeze? Does anyone know of a dealer that might have that color - in any model?

We would like a look before we order as I have read a few messages that the brochure colors are not real accurate. Finally, could it be compared to the green mazda 2's you see getting around?

Thanks, Dave

oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Dave, We have ordered the Squeeze LX just waiting for it to be delivered in about 2-3 weeks.

I have only seen 1 on the road passing by looked alright. I think the next shipment is arriving soon check the dealer in a couple of weeks. If you don’t find 1 at the dealer I’ll post some pics here for you.

The colour it's too bad its diffently not like the brochure (Shame) and nothing like the Mazda 2 green

BB
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
south21

Sinclair ford at mulgoa rd penrith have one in sqeeze don't know the model.
south21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
oldsoftboss

thanks black betty. Pics would be good. As we live in bendigo, i dont think penrith is an option :-)
Old 24-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have to wait. As soon as we get it I'll post them up
Old 25-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
escorpse
Starter Motor

Yeah they had a couple up this way in squeeze. They definately dont look the same colour as they show in the brochure. It is hard to describe but it kinda put me off the colour when i saw it. Shame they had to photoshop the brochure instead of making the car colour match the brochure.

Everyone is different so you may like it.
escorpse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

They had one at the local dealer a week back - I thought it matched the brochure colour pretty well ?

Looks closer to the brochure colour in low light. In sunlight, looks lighter.

Same thing with our Vision Blue. In overcast light, it is a darker colour.

The pearl has a lot to do with it
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There was one or two of Squeeze Zetecs in South Australia a few weeks ago, not sure if they are still there. I haven't seen the Squeeze in person but it looks fine in pictures and on top gear.

A girl in town has had hers on order for quite since release day and still doesn't have it but I'm guessing it's on the next ship. They are still so rare in this area that the only one I've ever seen (apart from the demo at the dealers) is my wifes
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Dave went to the dealer today and they had a Squeeze CL out the back getting a quick detail. I waited till it was finished and took some pics.
The colour is different in the photo to seeing it in the flesh. You really need to see it for yourself. Hope it helps you out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image037.jpg (76.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Image036.jpg (78.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Image033.jpg (55.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Image034.jpg (49.7 KB, 38 views)
Old 25-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
oldsoftboss

Thanks heaps Black Betty. A lot lighter than I was thinking. I was expecting more like the XR in the background of your 4th pic.

If anyone knows or hears of one at a dealer in or around Melbourne I think it would be worth our while to take a trip to have a look. We drove a panther black one in Echuca, and was really impressed. I really liked the color, so it got me thinking - is squeeze what we want? As we plan to buy later in the year, we have time to research the really important stuff (like the color).

Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Old 25-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glade to help out mate. The wife picked squeeze as a second colour, Vision was first pick but have to wait longer end of june. Our dealer told us today ours should be here mid to late April.
Black is nice saw one today for the first time Zetec very hot.

Good luck Dave.
Old 25-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #12
escorpse
Starter Motor

Yeah we were after Black originally ourselves but same had to wait till about now to get it. We ended up selling our old car quicker than anticapated. Rang the dealer to try and get an exact date for the Black coming in and at the same time found they had a Cedar in the showroom. Quick trip down and they took it out in the sun and we bought that one instead. Real unique colour. Looks different from every angle and in and out of the sun.
escorpse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #13
DAZL91
Starter Motor

Anyone seen Morello? I'm seriously considering a 3 door CL at the moment.
DAZL91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #14
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's the same colour thats on the Mondeo. Very dark
Old 31-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #15
DAZL91
Starter Motor

I haven't seen that either. I live in a town of under 20,000 people atm :(
DAZL91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 02:28 AM   #16
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen pictures of the Morello, it looks "shiny" like a brown mirror, or maybe brown anodising, lets just say it's HIGHLY reflective
Old 31-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I ordered Morello, Ill put pics up when it arrives.
Old 31-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #18
WASP
Whipple Induced

I love the new Fiesta but when ordering one for the wife found the colour choice somewhat dissapointing for what is otherwise a very smart looking little number. My wife had her heart set on that candy pinkish colour Zetec that you see in the advert with the matching interior. We were both dissapointed to see the actual colour in the flesh which was still ok, but basically just a dark metallic reddish brown colour and not vibtant or pinkish at all. Talk about a contast! Shame of it was I reckon if they did make that colour it would have been a run away success with the girls.

Next best colour IMO was the Vision blue or Squeeze combo for the Zetec anyway. We went for Vision which is very nice, but like squeeze it is a 'soft' colour and not as strong as the colour range you see with the Falcons.

Colville
Old 31-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #19
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
My wife had her heart set on that candy pinkish colour Zetec that you see in the advert with the matching interior. We were both dissapointed to see the actual colour in the flesh which was still ok, but basically just a dark metallic reddish brown colour and not vibtant or pinkish at all. Talk about a contast! Shame of it was I reckon if they did make that colour it would have been a run away success with the girls.

Colville
The ad actually says the pink is not available in Australia.

Not sure what colour you looked at in the flesh but it wasn't the pink.

I personally dislike bold colours in small cars.

Even on large cars, far too much "in your face" and cheap
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #20
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
The ad actually says the pink is not available in Australia.

Not sure what colour you looked at in the flesh but it wasn't the pink.
I just had a look and it does state that, not that most consumers would notice it. Having said that the colour we chose (the pinkish one I described) is able to be selected on the Ford AU website under the name Morello here . No point making excuses, even the dealer said they had coped alot of flack over it. My wife saw the ad, selected her own car using the online services Ford provided and was served up with a very different looking vehicle at the dealer. She almost walked away in fact if it wasn't for me talking her around into the Vision colour. Women and colours mate..it's a big deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
I personally dislike bold colours in small cars.

Even on large cars, far too much "in your face" and cheap
I own a bold yellow GT and a bold blue FG XR6T and there's nothing cheap looking about them thank you. As for small cars it depends on their style and design. I thought you owned a bright blue Zetec???
Old 31-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #21
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen a few of the colours, we had the moondust silver and if you get stuck for a colour and have to buy one unseen you'd be happy with that, its a very very nice version of silver. Nice and bright/shiny, looks just as good as Vision on the Zetec and the darker blue imho.

CDDA, wife sife did the same, ordered a Fiesta assuming Morello was the Magenta, realised that wasn't the case and started to wonder if she should get Morello or not, then decided she did. The realised she would be waiting till May to get a Morello (at least) and ends up threatening to buy an Astra. Anyway couple days later she had one in Moondust and thinks that in the end it's the best colour
Old 31-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #22
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam

CDDA, wife sife did the same, ordered a Fiesta assuming Morello was the Magenta, realised that wasn't the case and started to wonder if she should get Morello or not, then decided she did. The realised she would be waiting till May to get a Morello (at least) and ends up threatening to buy an Astra. Anyway couple days later she had one in Moondust and thinks that in the end it's the best colour
The silver used on the Fiesta is very nice greenfoam and they can be ordered with the nice Morello interior I think. They look very smart with the factory 17" and the chrome trim on the Zetec. But unlike your wife, mine refuses to buy any silver car so it didn't even get a look in. I managed to get her into a titanum Focus Zetec last time which was about the closest to silver she is ever going to get!

Silver is for Merc's she says and until I get her one, she's not driving anything else in that colour.
Old 31-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha, I don't think you can choose what interiour you get?, in the catalouge theres just set interiours for each colour. She did really like the brown interiour and would have prefered that, infact shes talked about buying all the brown parts bit by bit from the spares parts just so she can have it eventually lol. She wasn't prepared to wait more than 2 weeks for the car because she needed a new car asap to get to work so custom orders weren't an option anyway, she got the only car the dealer could get hold of (it came from another dealer 500kms away).

The Moondust Silver is very Merc looking :0
Old 31-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #24
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
haha, I don't think you can choose what interiour you get?, in the catalouge theres just set interiours for each colour.
Your right. Other colours that come with the Morello interior are Cedar and white. For some reason I thought Moondust silver had a coloured option as well.