Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
mixu51
Starter Motor

Default Vehicle Information System -Focus LX 2006

Hi there,

I'm new up here. Some time ago some red light alerting of various failures went on and off so Ford service decided they will replace the instrument cluster. Everything OK, but now after trying to "adjust" a little bit the steering and the auto by using the Vehicle Information System I found out that those options are gone. I have just time, reset, temp right now. When I bought the car all the options were there.

What do you think? Could be that the Ford service "forgot" to re-install them after replacing the Instrument Cluster? Or they brought just a Instrument Cluster from a CL without all the options?

Another thing I would like your help and assistance" is there any pollen filter installed on Focus LX 2006 hatchback? (in the manual is written "pollen filter" not standard)

Thanks.

M.

mixu51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
BlackLS
yum

I didn't think you could adjust the steering or auto on a non-German focus.

Also yes there is a pollen filter.

Edit: to get to it, take the fuse panel out of its holster/bracket, unbolt the bracket from the car, unscrew the black plastic rectangle panel and slide the pollen filter out.

Last edited by BlackLS; 11-09-2008 at 05:58 PM.
BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
mixu51
Starter Motor

1. Thanks for answering. I don't want to argue but I did choose "economic" after I bought the car 2 years ago, and actually I asked the guy from Strapford who sold me the brand new car ( at that time) and he confirmed that the 2006 model /(South Africa made) had those options.

2. Also from the beginning I had a squeaking noise on the driver seat. Ford service oiled the rails, replace them and the noise is still there. Could be an iner spring which cause the problem?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixu51
1. Thanks for answering. I don't want to argue but I did choose "economic" after I bought the car 2 years ago, and actually I asked the guy from Strapford who sold me the brand new car ( at that time) and he confirmed that the 2006 model /(South Africa made) had those options.

2. Also from the beginning I had a squeaking noise on the driver seat. Ford service oiled the rails, replace them and the noise is still there. Could be an iner spring which cause the problem?

Thanks
Sorry, I must have been mistaken.

They probably replaced it with a manual transmission instrument cluster then. Go back.

I had squeaking, they pulled the rails apart and cleaned and relubed them. But the squeak could be from a lot of areas of the seat, not nessecarily the rails. Try raising the seat cushion and see if it still does it.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
mixu51
Starter Motor

Excellent idea, thanks, I'll try it.

I'll go back as well about the Instrument Cluster. It's a shame just to think they did by purpose.....
Cheers,
M.