Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 27-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Default EBII XR8 Budget mods

Hey Chris,
i know your a busy man but i was just wondering if you could give me some advice on what you think my mate should do with his EBII XR8 5 Speed Manual.

He has a budget of roughly $3000
what do you reccomend? and what sort of performance gains do you think he will get?

Cheers mate

XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Chris
AFF.com.au

Hi mate,

you are fairly well "snookered" with the EB non-sprint deal - the manifold is quite restrictive, and the car will need much in the way of $$ to waken it right up.

Diff gears, good air intake, a set of 1 5/8 pacey's with some good cats will more than likely be your best $$$ spent. Also, a manifold plenum spacer can be a good bit of kit, and cheap too.

By the time you venture through these mods, the best part of your 3k will be gone. Give me a buzz if u need further info.

Give my old teachers some curry for me bloke!!

Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Hey Chris,

thanks for that mate ;)

i think i will give you a call though, it may be a bit easyier to talk bout it then over the net.

oh mate i never let up on the trouble we cause for them :

but we have new school rules; if you get busted doing a burnout the cops get called, and you cop the full force of the law (the teachers really are pricks ay).
Old 29-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Hey Chris,
thanks for your time today,
but i forgot too ask you if you could price me on an exhaust?
we can fit it ourselves, just we dont have the resources to make one from scratch.
also a price on the extractors would be great too!
Cheers
Dan
Old 08-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #5
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Hey Chris,
we put the new clutch in yesterday, we ended up going with an RPM clutch, it only cost $420 with flywheel machining so we figured it'll do for now.
however the bloody car still grinds when it goes into reverse, we've tried adjusting the clutch, and the pedal is no , maybe 2" ABOVE the brake pedal probably more.
got any ideas for us to try? is there another way of adjusting it apart from screwing the clutch in/out?
cheers mate
Dan
Old 08-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
Hey Chris,
we put the new clutch in yesterday, we ended up going with an RPM clutch, it only cost $420 with flywheel machining so we figured it'll do for now.
however the bloody car still grinds when it goes into reverse, we've tried adjusting the clutch, and the pedal is no , maybe 2" ABOVE the brake pedal probably more.
got any ideas for us to try? is there another way of adjusting it apart from screwing the clutch in/out?
cheers mate
Dan
Early T5's didn't get a reverse brake, that'll be why it grinds going into reverse. Put in in 1st first then reverse to stop it grinding.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Early T5's didn't get a reverse brake, that'll be why it grinds going into reverse. Put in in 1st first then reverse to stop it grinding.
ok thanks RedXR347, the box might be getting changed soon, so are the late model boxs better?