Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 13-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
aidansea
ea boy

Default newbie question

Hey guys,
I am just wondering how to become a moderator for this site, it has been very interesting and helpful. Great site guys keep up the good work, best site ever.

Cheers Mate
Aidan

aidansea is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
aidansea
ea boy

anyone?
aidansea is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's easy

Every 6 months they advertise in the jobs section in the Australian. Once the add appears, it will list a web address where you can download the application form. You log onto the link listed in the advertisement, download the application, complete the application form, get 3 referee's, include 4 passport sized recent photo's of yourself and get 5 sponsor's. The sponsors will pay the sum of $3,000 each. Deposit only 2 of the 5 donations into the AFF slush fund. Retain the remaining 3 donations for later use. You can use Western Union to transfer the money to the slush fund. The slush fund is used to help underprivledged Child in Nigeria. All these details will be provided to you.

So what happens then is once the money has been paid and the children in Nigera receive it, they will send to you a code word. With this code word you send a PM to the Administration team along with a copy of your 200 page application form and passport photo's and a decision will be made. If you have passed this part of the process, they will contact you with a map in PDF format, which you should print off. Get a compass, GPS, 2 way radio (tuned to chanel 74 upperband 3) and a garbage bag and follow the instructions on the map. The map will have a big X marked on the spot. Make you way to the location. Put the remaining 3 sponsors monies into the garbage bag and leave it at the specified location. You will be contacted on the 2 way for further instructions.

That's about it. Good luck. Wish you all the best of british luck.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2006, 01:38 AM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
It's easy

Every 6 months they advertise in the jobs section in the Australian. Once the add appears, it will list a web address where you can download the application form. You log onto the link listed in the advertisement, download the application, complete the application form, get 3 referee's, include 4 passport sized recent photo's of yourself and get 5 sponsor's. The sponsors will pay the sum of $3,000 each. Deposit only 2 of the 5 donations into the AFF slush fund. Retain the remaining 3 donations for later use. You can use Western Union to transfer the money to the slush fund. The slush fund is used to help underprivledged Child in Nigeria. All these details will be provided to you.

So what happens then is once the money has been paid and the children in Nigera receive it, they will send to you a code word. With this code word you send a PM to the Administration team along with a copy of your 200 page application form and passport photo's and a decision will be made. If you have passed this part of the process, they will contact you with a map in PDF format, which you should print off. Get a compass, GPS, 2 way radio (tuned to chanel 74 upperband 3) and a garbage bag and follow the instructions on the map. The map will have a big X marked on the spot. Make you way to the location. Put the remaining 3 sponsors monies into the garbage bag and leave it at the specified location. You will be contacted on the 2 way for further instructions.

That's about it. Good luck. Wish you all the best of british luck.
Yeah see you left the bit about where you edited my map and sent me in the wrong direction out. I hated you for that. How it works I dont know cos I was a mod before you, but thats not the point.

When everybody is at AFD in November I'm going to send you to the opposite side of town. Then we'll see who's laughing.
Old 14-10-2006, 09:20 AM   #5
XR82GO
AU XR8 UTE

I think i had to do alot more than that to get in...or is that just special conditions for the ACT Moderators

www.utez.com.au

Rum Runners Ute Club
XR82GO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There were a few other ACT things we had to do, but for the most part, taht was about the size of it.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post