Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
EL8TED
It all counts

Default pacey's

weighing it up is it worth the $600-$700 odd bucks to replace the ELGT styled headers on the EL 2 XR8 with some pacey's for some extra power and torque .. ? or is it a much of muchness . car runs hiflow cats into a 3" sisngle system already..

Old 14-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
AdzT3-146
own the road

Interesting question, i will be interested to hear some people thoughts on this.
I asked the guys down at Hallam Performance when i was getting my exhaust done the same question.
They said i would gain somewhere in the region of 10kw, but the EL GT Style headers flow pretty from all reports, and they seemed to think that for $700-$800 bang for buck probably isn't all that good and that money may be better spent elsewhere on the engine.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I recently got my exhaust done on my EL2 XR8. Originally it had the GT extractors and one muffler with a three inch single system. I got a set of HPC coated Pacemaker PH4000 extractors, Highflow cats into twin 2 and a quarter inch stainless pipes into a 2.5 inch Magnaflow muffler on each side and twin 2 and a quarter inch stainless out the back with 3 inch tips. It made a pretty decent improvment. Noticeable anyway. Very happy with it. You can really feel the extra torque that it has now especially in the mid range. A bit quiet on idle although I am used to my cleveland exhaust but sounds very nice when you stick the boot into it.

So yes worth it in my opinion.
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 12:47 AM   #4
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

I agree with Adam, there will be some improvement lower in the rev range, but there certainly isn't anything wrong with the EL GT's. $700 could be spent elsewhere for some better gains.

EL GT's are a 4-1 design which is better for high rpm power. Pacemaker PH4000's are tri-y's, and are better suited to midrange torque.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
EL8TED
It all counts

if i do it ill see if i can score a dyno before and after, sum1 here in adelaide offers a befre and after dyno run with purchase of exxhaust, might be able to sweet talk em'

might help get the XR down into the 14's hey adam .. !! 147rwkw is a good dyno figure, alot of people have bagged the EL v8's .. if my weezer put out in the 140's id be happy.. not many i6's in the 140's with just an exhaust ..
Old 16-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
honer
Back to N/A land

I had my EL GT headers modified.

Had the original collector cut off, opened up at the base, flanged and 3 inch collectors put on. 3" is probably a little big though. 2.5" or 2 1/4" is probably all you need.

Thus said, it was cheap mod.. I will eventually end up getting some Pacies I think
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #7
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know i dont own a ELxr8, but i did get pacey's put on the eb about 3 weeks ago. Made a huge difference, because the eb stock extractors are pretty lame. To be honest, i would keep the elgt headers as they are a 4 into one design. I payed $800 with installation and i only did it because it was a worth while mod........ In your case the difference might not be as significant.

Keep the original extractors and it might be good idea to invest into some decent heads.
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post