Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Default I got Zetec too :)

Picked the Fiesta up a few hours ago.

Very impressed with the predelivery. I'm about the paint and I spent a lot of time checking the paint in the sun panel by panel in every direction I could. The sales guy was more than happy

Found two small watermarks only and just happened to have some Boost with me and they both came off easily, so only surface marks.

No swirls at all, and I checked carefully. I did find a few light marks from where they had put the rear plate on but they will come out easy with 106FF.

They kept to their word and applied no product so it will get a sealer and then an LSP later in the week.

The interior was also spotless except for the glovebox that had some light dust in it from factory - you know the stuff. Wipe down with 303 Aerospace and all good.

Wheels are spotless. Tyres lightly dressed

Top marks to the dealer. I did prewarn them though.

OK, the car. It delivers heaps for what it is. Corners exceptionally well. In fact, crisper than the GTI and flatter. Seriously.

Power is there but I expect it to come on stronger as the km's go on.

Gear change is simply brilliant. A little long in the throw but not bad at all.

The engine is a lot of fun in the 3-4,000 rpm range.

Brakes are not bad, not up to the GTI ofcourse but good for the car. Have yet to really test them or the EBD/ABS. Clearly, not yet tested the traction control/ESP either.

Road noise is OK, certainly quieter than the daughters Mazda but not like the GTI at all. Still, I guess I could improve that if I wanted to.

The audio unit and voice control is superb. Full Ipod control by voice and onscreen. Flawless.

Paired all of our phones and accepted all the contacts via voice into it's directory.

Womens voice is well done - no strong accent at all.

I gotta say though, I do appreciate the quality of the interior of the GTI after sitting in and driving the Fiesta. I would liken the Fiesta interior to my Forester. Not bad but certainly you can feel the price tag.

Will take it up to Bathurst this weekend maybe and might give a longer review.

Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post