Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #1681
05_ENFORCER

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Welcome all.

Have a good look around this place and you will pick up a huge amount of tips and tricks

Old 27-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #1682
drwevil

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all
I have been driving Fords for about the last 10 years mainly as work vehicles. Been a fan for many years tho.

My current ride is a Ford Focus TDCI but the will be replaced with an XR6 ecoLPI in a couple of weeks.

My wife's ride is a 93 Toyota Seca which is also our project car to teach my boys to use a spanner....etc.

I was lucky enough to be able to go to the media launch of the Ecoboost Falcon in Tassie recently . Where I got to drive and be driven by Auslandau. Top guy btw .

Cheers
Rich
Aka drwevil
drwevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #1683
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Welcome ... and well done on winning the competition as well.

Would have been a great day to attend as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #1684
drwevil

Thanks

Yes it was awesome. I had never won anything like that before.

The presentations were at a level I could understand . I now have an appreciation of the tech that makes the magic of the ecoboost happen.

I met loads of great people and got to drive round a race track which I had never done before.

Plus I had never been to Tassie before too, it is a beautiful place and Ford kept us fed and watered on local produce.

I would have liked more time on the track but it wasn't to be as time schedules need to be kept.
Old 28-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #1685
Sox fg turbo
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone finally logged in !! Would someone out there know much about pedders coilovers , i had them installed recently & had nothing but problems!!! Can anyone help ?? Appreciated
Sox fg turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #1686
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Hi Sox Fg turbo,

Pedders is a site sponsor. If you look on the front page, half way down is Site sponsors. You can contact Pedders there, with any questions you have.

Cheers
Col
Old 28-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #1687
Sox fg turbo
Starter Motor

I'm not having much luck col , car'nt find it ???
Sox fg turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #1688
JET64L
Jet Six Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFN40L
Wow Tang took your picture? I used to be apart of the Liberty club forum with Tangcla. He takes some wicked pictures
Thanks mate! Yeah Clarence is a fully *** lad and i cant fault him,his detail in photography is second to none, he owns a Audi S4 now! i give him **** and say he should of bought an RS4 lol, really sucks hearing about your suby iv'e been dealt the same blow just a year and a half ago with my old car Take it easy mate.
JET64L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #1689
syngen
Starter Motor

Hi All, My name is Syngen. ive been checking out the threads for some time now and thought i better join the party. I have a BA SR Sedan which i have racked up about 140,000 klm on top of the 60,000 when i bought the car a few years back. She has been a good reliable girl up until last christmas. I have started to hear a clunking sound comming from the rear? i have,nt looked underneath yet, but according to posts here and elswhere there is a diff cradle bush that has a fairly common failing? (neopreene or rubber).? Anyway while my attention was drawn to this,. I was on my way back from the coast at christmas when i started loosing gears. I pulled up to find my radiator overflow tank green fluid has gone a strawbery milkshake colour. The gearbox cooller inside the radiator has failed, sending water into the box and tranie fluid into the coolling system;) . I luckily had some basic tools in the boot and cut the steel lines off the radiator and blocked the radiator holes up with roadside made blanks and did a roadside flush. I then proceeded to walk to the nearest auto type shop and found an old (small) power steering external cooler and some second hand tranie oil in a jerry can.I have flushed with old fluid three times now and hoping to christ that the clutch bonding and seals wont degrade any further.until i bought a larger cooller i could only drive until the temp hit normal and then i would have to stop and cool down , or it would overflow out the gearbox breather and i would find i had no gears again. The quote was scarry especially since i was out of work.A couple of months down the track and a large cooller and filter, the box seems nearlly normal again. Now the abs light is coming on? Christ!
Im woundering if i should just get a service and hope for the best? has anyone been this lucky and avoided a rebuild? Any advice would be much appreciated
syngen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #1690
ferrro
Starter Motor

hi everyone,can anybody tell me how many 1970 xw futura 500 were made and sold in australia ,or were i could find out,i know there would be an official ford web site to answere these questions but unable to find any thing yet,any pointers much welcome
ferrro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #1691
drwevil

My current rides....I'd stick it in my original post but I can't seem to edit it now..must have timed out.
My 2008 Focus TDCI my current ride...

I'm going to miss her when she gets traded in a week or so..:(

My wife's Toyota corolla ..the project car to teach the boys and girl how to use a spanner etc
Old 29-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #1692
etarip
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello everyone,

My name is Hans and I have recently bought a G6E MK2. Found this site and thought it would be nice to share with like minded people.

Does anyone know if there is a thread discussing tips & tricks for the G6E MK2?
etarip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #1693
FalconAU
Starter Motor

Hey All,
Just sayin checkin in sayin g'day.
Got a 1998 Falcon AU
been on here a few times gettin a bit of advice
thought I'd join up.

Cheers
FalconAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #1694
Dmonic03
Starter Motor

Hey all.
I have a 1998 el S-PAC 5sp tickford,standard with some ideas for it.im having dramas with it at the moment.
I have a lag in it between 2000 rpm and 3000 rpm.ive stripped it down to the head and rebuilt it.it is still there,I also adjusted the harmonic balancer,timing,spark plugs and leads.
Can you guys give me some advice wether it could.be a vacuums problem or any other advice.
I'm going to be turboing it and putting in a T56 gearbox in it...etc etc
Dmonic03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #1695
AU GONE BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonic03
Hey all.
I have a 1998 el S-PAC 5sp tickford,standard with some ideas for it.im having dramas with it at the moment.
I have a lag in it between 2000 rpm and 3000 rpm.ive stripped it down to the head and rebuilt it.it is still there,I also adjusted the harmonic balancer,timing,spark plugs and leads.
Can you guys give me some advice wether it could.be a vacuums problem or any other advice.
I'm going to be turboing it and putting in a T56 gearbox in it...etc etc
umm seems you have just about done most of what i can think of
i mean coil check !
leads check !
spark plugs check!

umm only thing i can suggest is maybe blown intake gasket but ya said ya did the head on it so its very highly unlikely

maybe ecu running bad or dirty injectors
or even a eng crank sensor in some fords they had a airflow meter that might also be worth a shot !!!
AU GONE BAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #1696
bueatymate
bueatymate

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi I have an 2000 AU Forte 4L dual fuel. I have rebuilt the suspension replacing with Kings springs and Munro gas struts and shocks.goes great and has a pretty big range when both tanks are full.
bueatymate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #1697
waters3188

Hi. My names chris. Looking at getting a ford soon so thought this would be a good place to start! Currently driving a Subaru impreza. Non turbo because of p plate laws but hoping for a bf xr6t when I get fully licenced!
waters3188 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #1698
micka6
Starter Motor

Hi guys! My name is Mick and I have an XB Coupe that I will be rebuilding from the ground up, and I thought this place would be a good place to start. I just read the Coupe Rebuild thread and graham has already given me some great ideas and motivation just from reading it. I look forward to working with you all!
micka6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #1699
AnotherRob
Starter Motor

Hi
Rob here, I own a 2003 AU III XR8, the wife a 2011 Focus Zetec. I am looking for a Rear sway bar link. Our local Ford Dealer wants $250.00 for a new one. We live an hr or so south of Auckland NZ. I have tried all sorts of places to get a replacement, but with no luck so far. Am headn to Sydney and doing a trip up to Brisbane next week so if I can pick one up it would be good.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sway bar link2small.jpg (38.8 KB, 65 views)

Providing a quick and visual guide to rally cars at Targa NZ events

Last edited by AnotherRob; 01-05-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Adding a pic
AnotherRob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #1700
BSJM
Starter Motor

Hi all in the forum

I'm new to the forum but not to Fords. I'm currently driving an ex police BF dedicated gas futura which now has 173k on the clock. It's proven an easy, economical drive since purchased from the auctions in 2008.

The only beef I have is the constant brake shudder. Rotors on the front replaced twice and the back once. Any suggestions for a good brand that can last more than 40K??

Thankss.
BSJM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #1701
EPD
Starter Motor

Hi,

I'm new to the forums! Just having a look around. I work for an Engine Parts Supplier, and part time in an Engine Building Workshop.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the biggest Ford Forum in Australia has to offer!
EPD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #1702
max xa
Starter Motor

hi all, name is mark this is my coupe, built it a few years ago and enjoy racing it occasionally. I reside in Sydney, it runs a 393 cleveo, about 500 hp. It goes well, about to take it to the drags at Eastern Creek. Will post my times. It still runs 2.75 gears in the 9 inch and a top loader so not expecting great times, we shall see. It's great to see so many coupe people out there. Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Max-01.jpg (135.7 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by max xa; 01-05-2012 at 11:34 PM.
max xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #1703
FordTerri04
Starter Motor

Hey guys,

I'm a newie around here and have joined due to currently doing a research project on the success of the 2004 Ford Territory in the SUV Market. If you think you'd be happy to answer a few questions for me, give me a Private message.

Cheers
FordTerri04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #1704
Mallard
Evil Mastermind

Hi,

Just bought a second hand AUIII Futura duel fuel. Looking to see what I can do to make a great car even better.

Hope to get to know you guys better
Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #1705
ovaxitd

Ok

Hi guys and girls. names tristan
im from SoR perth

just picked up a 2010 Winter white G6ET- euro 4 spec
bought from melb april. flew over and drove it straight back... 3700kms later and 2 stone chips she is home.

over pits the next day and licenced in WA. plates being [OVAXITD]

not looking to mod it as this is the sensible daily.
i work away so drive it 1-2 times a week max.

plans-

19" factory rims or 19" dark agents
fmic/ pipe kit.
Tuner
injectors
Cat replacement
brake upgrade
lowered.

thats it...

my last car was a 11.8@ 118mph Toyota jzx100
prior to that it was a 12.86 nissan 180sx

my current project is a Holden HZ 1 tonner with a toyota 1jzgte engine and 4sp auto behind. full ground up build and the "TOY"

anyhow

cheers

ovaxitd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #1706
petesmith
Starter Motor

G'day all Been using some of the great info on this site to help me with an Inition Switch issue on my BF XR6 , thought I would join to post what my experience was and add some info to help others that come accross this problem. Thanks for all the info.
petesmith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #1707
HawkI
Starter Motor

Hi One & All......Hows it all going

Totally new here and Totally new to forums.

I am thinking about buying a Ford Ranger in about 12 Months and was hoping to get some info.

The good the bad & the Ugly info.......LOL.

Cheers to one & all.
HawkI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #1708
pappy
Starter Motor

Hi There all ;

Proud owner of a 2010 ford territory limited edition 4spd auto.
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #1709
strudy
Starter Motor

Hey Guys joined to find a territory 7 seater for sale.
strudy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #1710
cookie_7

Hi all, My name is Cuong, from Brisbane. I've been searching the Ford forum for a few months now and i decide to join. I own a Ford Territory AWD 06, great car to drive, crap when parts fail.
I'm a qualified mechanic. Do all the work on my car, can't trust anyone. The mods i have done to my vehicle - Added aftermarket transmission cooler on the ZF trans, slotted front rotors with EBC pads, replace front (splits) n rear door speakers (6inch) hooked up with amp (loud n crispy clear), 10inch subwoofer connected to factory amp, pod filter, inside air box (yes i know! no power gain, just for the sound)
The best investment i had done to the car was fitting LPG. Yes, i had a few problems along the way, but after i got it all fixed, it ran sweet! Drove from Brisbane to Sydney, it cost me $70.00
cookie_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post