Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
BA_GTR

Default Falcon to Fairmont Interior

Hey guys,

How hard would it be to get the whole dash, seats and trims of a Fairmont into a Falcon? And how much will it cost?

BA_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

haha - it wouldn't be that hard to get, but expensive. For the time and effort, I wouldn't do it, so I havent, otherwise I would.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
chief
FTF Club Moderator

There wiring looms behind the dash are not the right ones to accept the Fairmont dash. If you change these and a few other things it will work. Like running your A/C to run as a climate control.

Seats and trims would not be that hard. You would need to get the car engineered if changeing seats even to a another factory spec (correct me if I am wrong).

I plan on doing this around June time, making all the wood trim out of carbon.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it would probably be cheaper and or easier just to buy a fairmont
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #5
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

yeah mate, i agree with Glenn, buy a Fairmont, you wont thank your self enough!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

With the amount of problems people have had with the AU Fairmont Climate control i personally wouldnt recommend bothering to change the dash.

If i was you id just put the XR cluster in and perhaps have the seats / door skins retrimed, our AU II Fairmont had the climate control replaced 4 times in 30,000 kays, it was a piece of ИИИИ to use aswell.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

What problems are people having with AU Climate control??? Just the LCD panel going crap or what. If its that then there is a guy on Ebay who fixes them with Lifetime guarantee i think. Or are there other problems like not functioning or lights now working (like mine)???
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

My Fairmont climate control hasnt stuffed up on me yet (170000, had it for 10000) but I cant get really warm air to come out in winter, even when warm.
Old 30-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #9
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by autickfordfairmont
What problems are people having with AU Climate control??? Just the LCD panel going crap or what. If its that then there is a guy on Ebay who fixes them with Lifetime guarantee i think. Or are there other problems like not functioning or lights now working (like mine)???
I had mine fixed 2 years ago & it is a lifetime solution to the C/C units.
Plus 1 reason I purchased the ghia over the XR series was the dash layout.

I have seen a silver AU ute at swap meets that has a AU2/3 fairmont front & dash. But the woodgrain parts have been graphited
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #10
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

***Reving old thread***

I'm thinking of doing this as well....

any ideas on how hard to swap the dash? Is it as simple as just getting the right looms and then swaping over the dash?

Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 08-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #11
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Im interested in this aswell.

I am thinking of changing the Grey interior in my S1 fairlane to the Black one from a S1/2 fairlane. I assume the plugs would be the same between the grey and black S1 dash's, but im not sure about the S2.

Has anyone done the dash change on a fairlane/fairmont between S1 to S2?

Cheers,
Michael

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #12
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
***Reving old thread***

I'm thinking of doing this as well....

any ideas on how hard to swap the dash? Is it as simple as just getting the right looms and then swaping over the dash?
Change of heart, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser 30/01/06
haha - it wouldn't be that hard to get, but expensive. For the time and effort, I wouldn't do it, so I havent, otherwise I would.
You need looms, and BEM, as well as obvious stuff like Dash, doortrims, etc.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #13
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Door trims? Do you need them if you just want to do the dash conversion... to start with?

I found a complete, in working order, no damage, series 3 fairmont dash at a wreckers for $850 including the speedo etc...

just wondering if I like the dash more then the extractors and exhaust.....

Where is the BEM located?

Old 09-05-2006, 03:01 AM   #14
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

No, you don't need the trims if you are just doing the dash.

Personally, I'd go the extractors etc first. But your choice. $850 for a dash sounds a bit exy to me - I'd expect to pay around $1500 for a full fairmont interior (including dash, trims and seats)

BEM sits up under the dash - sort of behind and below the stereo. It's screwed to the inside of the dash - or maybe just the dash framework. It's a bugger to get to, that's all I know.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 04:09 AM   #15
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

$850 is expensive! Wow, glad I asked... sounded alright to me - lol.... well seeing it should be cheaper, I think performance should come first... and in case my other half sees this post.... I would rather admire her looks then the AU fairmont dash...so consider yourself obsolite when the dash does come in - HAHAHAHA!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:58 PM   #16
f4ir-mont
Smokin ya all the way....

ive done this , i have taken a stock falcon forte and converted it over to a fully working replica of a fiarmont, all at the cost of 1100, i found a wrecked fairmont and i managed to swindle my way into the prices i got, taking all seats, dashboard, tail lights and bonnet/grille.

the only issues i did happen to have where the wiring looms behind the dashboard. because the fairmont has the extra buttons and climate controll and dash layout etc etc.....i had to source a wiring loom as well, and this is where most of my time was spent, putting in the new wiring loom and finding where everything was supposed to go :P but after that was done everything seemed to work out fine. PM if u want to see the pics of the new interior..

AU Fairmont

D3V1L I6
f4ir-mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #17
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

waste of time sell and buy a fairmont would be cheaper easier and you get a real one.

Have you seen how cheaply you can get an AUI Fairmont Ghia VCT IRS all the chrome and woodgrain easy under $10k.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #18
f4ir-mont
Smokin ya all the way....

thats right. its cheap enough to just buy one to start with:P i only did the conversion on my car because at the time the auI fairmont ghia was still 20g's at its cheapest

AU Fairmont

D3V1L I6
f4ir-mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:41 PM   #19
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Yes, but I already have a car, and a $1000 conversion is cheaper then $10k