Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Rocker and VCT gasket

Howdy all,

Went and got a rocker cover gasket as it was leaking a bit, found they had given me the I6 gasket and went back to get the VCT one, only to be told its a 'genuine ford' part and would be somewhere in the region of $80 compared to the $20 I got the I6 one for.

This was echoed when I mentioned the VCT gasket was also leaking, but no price was given.

After replacing the two pulleys in the tensioner arm I thought I'd eliminated the squealing noise, not so. There is (what appears to be) an idler pulley that was not in any of their diagrams, that is just to the bottom right of the power steering pump.

Is there an aftermarket mob who deals with any of this? I am I going to have to bend over and cop it from Fraud? (I feel justified in calling them this after quoting me roughly $1000 for a new electric leather seat... which I also can't find!)

Any input would be greatly appreciated, i've fixed so much stuff in just over a year I am contemplating selling it and downgrading to something on LPG and with parts that are readily available!

My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

pics
also
base model on LPG = better value for money
Old 06-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
mracoval
Starter Motor

could go a second hand one from ferntreegully auto salvage
mracoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Who did you get the gasket from and how many other suppliers have you tried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
pics
also
base model on LPG = better value for money
Barge on LPG is even better value

(and if he's in the next cubicle over just write a note and throw!!)
Old 07-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

thats true gaso
i think i'll just bash him at smoko
:P
Old 07-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Or wrap the note around a stapler !