Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Default About to have a baby

Well as you might guess my wife and I are having a baby,(well she is) she's having contractions, only the start, every 15 minutes or so for about 35 to 40 seconds ,things are going well and it's just hitting me that this is really happening, god I'm going to be a dad! :

Every thing is in place for the arrival, we're 95% sure we are having a girl and (IF) it is a girl we will call her Abby Louise, if it's a boy we're stuck, but we may name him after my late father, Douglas Brian.

9 months of preparation and it's just starting to hit me, I'm scared as hell as well as excited, I would like to know how other dads have handled this and like to here some of there stories.
I will keep posting as long as I can (as I have the job of masseur, chef and slave) what ever she needs I'm there, foot rubs, lower back, legs, heat pack, food.

Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
willsace
Finally have a boss again

i went through this 4 years ago just before my 20th birthday. my mrs was in labour all day and when i got home from work we just drove around to kill time. went to the hospital but they said to come back later as she wasnt quit ready. so we drove around some more. later in the night we went back to the hospital at wyong and they done some tests. when the tests came back they told us that she had to be transfered by ambulance to gosford as there was a chance of complecations. so here we were flying down the f3. after being there for a while i fell asleep all night by her side lol. i woke up around 8am and they said they had to do a c section and i was crapping myself. i went in the operating room and watched how they done it and watched my beautiful daughter get pulled out. she was born on my mrs birthday and weighed 9 pound 10. its a great experience but scary also when your only young. make sure you are there for her in every way that she needs. thats what i learnt
Old 08-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i gotta say i love your thinking:

you're wife is just kicking into labour for your first child and you go "gotta let the boys on fordforums know!!"

haha that's awesome

but in all seriousness congrats mate, hope it all goes well.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

Congratulations mate and hope all is well.

When expecting our first I was calm as, they bought me dinner as we were at a Private Hospital, so I was pretty happy eating drinking a beer, the wife in pain, the doctor comes in tells me to skull the beer down as it was time to go to work......ADVICE Dont eat and skull beer then watch a baby come out....

When we were expecting our second he decided it was time whilst I was out walking my dogs, now Im no fit freak but I ran 3km home when the wife called me, got everything together and raced the wife to the hospital, made it with plenty of time, but the heart was racing I thought they were going to have me admitted. But it was all good.
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will be the best day of your life

nothing better than being there to see your baby come into the world

hope all goes well mate good luck with it all

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Yer best experience is seeing your own being born but you can't give them back LOL ! all the best mate to you and your wife.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #7
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
i gotta say i love your thinking:

you're wife is just kicking into labour for your first child and you go "gotta let the boys on fordforums know!!"

haha that's awesome

but in all seriousness congrats mate, hope it all goes well.

I was thinking the same!!!

Congrats mate, all the best to you and your wife
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #8
rodderz

Know the feeling mate, my missus had hers a month ago tomorrow. I got home to her having her waters broken and we sat around thinking this is it. Until contractions are closer than 5mins apart they tell you to wait a while anyway

It doesnt really sink in for the blokes till it comes out.... then it's gifts and relo's and woman fighting over who gets the hugs, then sleepless nights! It's all good though, and they grow so quick!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 01:47 AM   #9
shane3
FPV GT 0915

contractions are about 12 to 14 minutes apart and are 40 or so seconds long, have had my brother in law and his girl friend over and watched Hancock on dvd (not releases yet), spent half the movie rubbing her back and the other half laughing at the movie. I though she was going to pop as she was laughing so hard. (for those that haven't seen the movie 10/10)
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
Old 09-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #10
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Its gone quiet. Sleeping, or delivering I wonder??

Good Luck Mate! Child berth is great, but not the end. My Kids, 6 and 9, bring me new joy every day! (and sometimes beer)
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #11
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just found this thread

COngratulations mate I hope all is going well,

As others have said be there for your partner and imerss your self in the experance I still look back on the birth of both my kids with great emotion they wer ethe best days of life, and every day birngs new and exciting things. (your never bord with kids about)

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #12
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Well have been up since 4:05 AM contractions are every 5 minutes and are about 25 seconds long, Chris rang the midwife and every thing is on it's way, we were told to wait until her water brakes or the contractions are 3 minutes apart and last for about 40 to 50 seconds, looks like another day at home rubbing her back and doing any thing else she needs.
The dogs know some thing is going on and my dog Riley (11 month old Labradoodle) knows some thing is up and keeps on sniffing Christine's belly and always sits in front of her and has his head on her lap when ever he's in the house.

This is my first child, but I was present for the birth of my nephew as the father didn't want any thing to do with the kid, so I have a good idea on whats going to happen, but being you own kid it's totally different.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #13
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A great day is the day of you first child birth! Hope all goes well, and you go through it a few more times.
We have 3 and would not mind a couple more.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #14
shane3
FPV GT 0915

God 3 kids, because of the endometriosis and the surgery (she had her left fallopian tube and joining ovarie removed) and was told that the right hand side was just as bad but was left in place due to the hormones needed,we had less then a 5% chance of falling pregnant naturally, well 5 months of trying we gave up and just started mucking around 6 weeks later she was pregnant, so we are very lucky just to have 1 on the way
Old 09-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #15
azaxr8

Good luck dude and all the best......
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #16
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

waiting till january for ours to come ,congrats on the first one .
Old 09-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #17
dannyxm
was danny888

Fantastic news mate, all the best to the three of you
dannyxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #18
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I'll post SLEEP.... Because this is all your gonna get..
esp the Mrs...Good luck...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #19
rodderz

lol..yes sleep, i'm still recovering with a few days off this week after the missus having ours 4 weeks ago. I had machines booked for work the next day after the birth and after being up all night with no sleep at all I fell asleep operating an excavator the following day (hello mr worksafe bloke) and we were also in the middle of renovating with the house a mess

It's all worth it though, as soon as the kid appears your outlook on kids changes in an instant
Old 10-10-2008, 12:45 AM   #20
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Been having contractions all day from 5 to 10 minutes apart about 30 seconds long, not time yet, the wife just wants her out now, they seem to get stronger in the early morning so I hope tonight might be it, been up since 4am ish and am as tired as, fell asleep on the couch around 3pm and got about an hours sleep.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #21
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

best of luck mate
Old 10-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #22
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Been having contractions all day from 5 to 10 minutes apart about 30 seconds long, not time yet, the wife just wants her out now, they seem to get stronger in the early morning so I hope tonight might be it, been up since 4am ish and am as tired as, fell asleep on the couch around 3pm and got about an hours sleep.
Any news mate! This is a long labor! But dont ever tell the missus that!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

Congrats dude. We welcomed our beautiful daughter into the world about 2 and half weeks ago. 18 hours of labour, she wouldnt dilate past 8cm, decision was made for a C-Sec, Epidural was patchy and didnt provide full block, decision was made to go under General Anaesthetic! Unfortunately this meant i wasnt allowed in the operating theatre to see her emerge!

I did however get to spend the next two hours bonding with muh baby before my missus had even woke up!

Its one hell of a day, and despite all the pain, worry and tears, you end up with a beautiful present at the end! Again congratulations mate, the best day ever!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:35 AM   #24
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Well 11 1/2 hours of labor (and a bit of help from the doctors) here is my beautifully baby girl Abby Louise, Born 10/10 08 @ 9.35 PM, 3.650KG (8.1 LB) 52cm long.
After 11 1/2 hours the wife was so tired she almost fell over from exhaustion and she just had no strength left, I now applaud any women that has had a natural delivery and I would like to see a guy do this, the strength that Christine showed during the labor would have put most guys (myself included) to shame.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #25
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Well 11 1/2 hours of labor (and a bit of help from the doctors) here is my beautifully baby girl Abby Louise, Born 10/10 08 @ 9.35 PM, 3.650KG (8.1 LB) 52cm long.
After 11 1/2 hours the wife was so tired she almost fell over from exhaustion and she just had no strength left, I now applaud any women that has had a natural delivery and I would like to see a guy do this, the strength that Christine showed during the labor would have put most guys (myself included) to shame.

mate that is just brilliant . i'm so happy for you . you can see the joy in all 3 of you . well done .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #26
rodderz

Well done Shane and Christine, it makes it all worthwhile doesnt it. I agree about the labour, all I can say I'm glad I'm a bloke, I'de be a wuss trying to push a little one out.

No wonder your missus is buggered, thats a long time. My missus was lucky her actual labour was about an hour, after a few hours of contractions before that. They certainly go through a lot.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:00 AM   #27
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Congratulations!!

There's no way known I'm going to put myself through that voluntarily, so until they come up with another way that doesn't involve pushing anything that big out of something a lot smaller, or scalpels, I refuse. And even then I'll only have one that comes with a built in "off" button.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #28
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations to you both and welcome to the world little Abby.

I feel for you wife having such a long labour, I whinged about 2hours & 48minutes :

Bubby is absolutely gorgeous by the way
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #29
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

congratulations Shane and Christine

very nice size and weight

welcome to the world little Abby

Grimus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #30