Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-06-2005, 03:16 AM   #1
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Default A call for help

I recieved this email today from the eurofordclub.com site.

Thought I would post it up here to get some answers so I can send them back to the person

Cheers

Chris

----------------------

Hallo Chris, i hope can you help me.

I have an ford focus tournier 1.8 diesel, 75 CP, and i have some problems with ABS.The light from the bord is on and when is on the ABS is not working.The problem is that is not alwais on......I run some test with a tester(Launch X431) and i have some DTC erors The ,ost important is B1342 ECU is defective and C1267 ABS Function Disabled Temporarily....

What should i do??

Thank You verry much!

Adelin, Sibiu, Romania

-----------------------
Old 23-06-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I suspect the function of the cars ECU that handles the ABS has a problem and needs looking at, from what is described there.

Seeing as the Focus has been on sale in Europe alot longer and could be out of warranty, I'd recommend one of two things.

Take it to Ford and see what they say, might just need an ECU reflash, or alternatively...

Buy an ECU from a wrecked Focus and fit it in replacement.

The only other thing I could think of at fault would be the ABS sender module, but the signs point towards the ECU.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #3
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Cheers Tim, shall pass this on

chris
Old 24-06-2005, 01:08 AM   #4
gtfpv
GT

also he could clean the abs sensors on the wheels they can get dust ,grease what have you on them and intermitantly work. sometimes they need to be adjusted or replaced. but sometimes just i wipe with a cloth.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 07:12 AM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I'm not sure that would give DTC errors for the ECU and the ABS but it can't hurt!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post