Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
mcnugget15
Starter Motor

Default Hayman Reese towbar wiring & install

Hi.

I have purchased a Hayman Reese towbar for my 2011 Ford Mondeo diesel wagon. I have installed the towbar and ready to start wiring the electrics. The towbar came with a Hayman Reese ECU 2 and Hayman Reese used wiring loom which has multiple wires and connection but nothing is labled. I don't know which wire connects to each signal/light and where is the best location in the car to access the wires. I have tried the internet but there is little or no information available on either the Mondeo or Hayman Reese ECU 2 or wiring. Can anyone point me to a website with this info? or anybody experienced with either or these? Please help.

Many thanks

mcnugget15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: Hayman Reese towbar wiring & install

Hi. What colors are the wires and what type of connectors if any? Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
mcnugget15
Starter Motor

Hi MD.
I have taken some photos of the wiring loom and attached them to make it easy I hope. I believe the whole loom is manufactures by Hayman Reese as a custom solution for this model of vehicle

There are 4 groups/single cables

1.) Individual red cable with a fuse is power I am presuming
2.) Individual short blue cable - unsure what this is?
3.) Group of red, yellow and brown (with white stripes) with insulated spade connectors and a black cable (with white stripe) with no connector - Unsure which one does what?
4.) Group of white cable with round connector and green (with black stripe) cable with a insulated spade connector - unsure what these are?

All these groups are connected to the Hayman Reese ECU 2 and the ECU is then connected to the trailor wiring plug.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. There is no wiring diagram at all so I don't know where to start. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A.jpeg (36.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpeg B.jpeg (50.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpeg C.jpeg (44.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpeg D.jpeg (44.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpeg E.jpeg (46.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpeg F.jpeg (44.5 KB, 56 views)
mcnugget15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Looks and sounds very similar to the lumen unit. The red wire will run the length of the car and connect to the battery + terminal, the red, yellow and brown wires will go to the l/h tail lamp assy and the white and green wires to the right tail lamp. If you can find the main loom to the rear lights on one side and have both turn signals there then you can run all the wires to that place
The red/white connects to brake lamps
the brown/white to tail lamps
the yellow/white to left turn signal
the green/black to right turn signal
white with ring terminal to earth
blue to trailer brake controller if fitted
black/white to reverse if needed or if a 12 volt feed is needed for fridge or aux lighting then open the loom to the trailer harness after the box and connect to the black wire there instead. if you do this do not connect the black/white wire.
Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post