Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
mick z
Starter Motor

Default Harmonic balancer bolt torque

Giday all !
I recently purchased a 99 WF Festiva 1.5 for my son - great little car for the $. As the recent service history is unknown I have decided to change the timing belt(195,000 on the clock) I was hoping someone can provide me with the torque spec for the Harmonic balancer centre bolt as I have had trouble trying to locate a manual at a reasonable cost. Whilst in the area,the water pump looks & feels in good nick -are they generally reliable or should I fit a new one? Any other tips would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mick
mick z is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #2
mick z
Starter Motor

Default Re: Harmonic balancer bolt torque

God helps those who help themselves.................I even rang a Ford dealership who seemed to want to help & still couldn't get a answer. The engine is basicly a copy of a Mazda 121 engine with a 14mm threaded bolt- the suggested torque was 120 ft lb, so a drop of locktite on the side of the thread & 120 torque felt just about right- certainly not about to strip. I hope this helps somebody !
mick z is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-02-2015, 12:02 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Harmonic balancer bolt torque

its probably a bit late now, , you/your son have probably done the job,
but any time i have to either do a job myself or get someone else to do a job that is difficult/expensive and labor intensive, any unknown bits that could fail down the track ..... ie: water pumps, idler/tensioner pulleys/hard to get at hoses (lower radiator hose) that would be a real mongrel or may leave me stranded on the side of the road and not possible to fix without big heaps of hassle ...... i replace them, nothing sux worse than having the unknown or unexpected part fail and be one of those waiting for a tow truck or trying to jerry rig something to get home.

it might cost a few bucks extra at the time, but in the long run .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: