Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-12-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Impromptu weekend away for us starting tomorrow. 3 nights down on the fleurieu peninsula at a family owned caravan park called Wirrina. Been there quite a few times. Youngest likes it a they have some farm animals you can feed (goats and horses). I was going to be working but now I have next week off. Weather is forecast to be low to mid 20's, so grabbed the opportunity to get away for a few nights.
Old 17-12-2020, 05:57 PM   #2
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Impromptu weekend away for us starting tomorrow. 3 nights down on the fleurieu peninsula at a family owned caravan park called Wirrina. Been there quite a few times. Youngest likes it a they have some farm animals you can feed (goats and horses). I was going to be working but now I have next week off. Weather is forecast to be low to mid 20's, so grabbed the opportunity to get away for a few nights.
were you around when Wirrina first opened, big fanfare, big hooharr. the marina was going to be for international yachts etc etc. fart I even did an amway conference there one time
Old 17-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #3
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
were you around when Wirrina first opened, big fanfare, big hooharr. the marina was going to be for international yachts etc etc. fart I even did an amway conference there one time
I went there about 20 years ago when it was like a resort, with a conference centre, mini golf I think, main golf course, indoor pool, hotel style accommodation, restaurant etc. We stayed in two storey apartments that were separate to the main complex (I think they might still be there). It was all quite fancy. It lasted only a few years from memory and changed names a couple of times. Not sure what's left of that place.

The caravan park we stay at is not connected. Just has the same name. I think it's a converted sports club as it still has the main oval. Club rooms are now reception and showers and toilets.

There are these weird looking chalet things you can book as well and I have a feeling they may have been something to do with the original Wirrina as well.