Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Default Body piercing.

I was the recipient of a few jibes from people on Saturday night due to my piercings. I don't care in the slightest, I was just curious as to why there was so much hatred directed towards me for my own personal choices. I laughed the comments off but the general feeling lingered as I made my way home. I want to understand the strong hatred(not dislike, these where powerful comments) behind the comments. Surely people can just respect another persons choices rather than project hatred towards them?
For those who would like to know, I have my nose, labret, top of left ear, bottom of left ear and top of right ear pierced, along with left nipple which no one sees.
Do others with some piercings recieve unnecessary hatred/comments due to their piercings? I am interested to hear thoughts.

Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
StrokedXT
Banned

Default Re: Body piercing.

Personally I don't get it, but each to their own. I give mates heaps of **** for them mainly because they cant explain why, but I was brought up that little girls get ears pierced men don't.

But more important is why you would even care, I don't give a **** what people think of the way I look or dress etc.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

Ive had a few piercings over my time and still got a few..

Both lobes stretched - still have, let em shrink down to 6mm - still respectable for work!
Tragus in left ear (that inner ear lump thing for those playing at home) - still have
Eyebrow - retired
Septum - retired (bullring for those again playing at home)
Tongue Webbing (still got - had it done twice)
Nipple - retired (had it done 3 times)
And another intimate ha ha now retired.

The only thing that every got jibes was the Septum, but i liked it. Didnt wear it out all the time. The tongue webbing freaks people out but again i like it. Had to retire the the nipple in fear on it snagging on my cycling bibs ha ha

Look each to their own. I've been out with a chick who now has 60+ piercings (lots of dermals) an my sister at one stage had many many facial piercings including the bridge of her nose.

People dont like what is foreign to them, or something they wouldnt do themselves. Hence the love of your piercings by other pierced/modded people, and the hate from non-modded people.

Im not a huge fan of labret's on dudes, but you might not be a fan of septum piercings on dudes. Who cares, its my body so ill do what i like.

At the end of the day, and what my sister learned the hard way, if you choose to do that, you must accept that people will stare, make comments and some of those comments will be less than friendly. That's life and we must live with the choices we make.

Unfortunately because piercings are 'foreign' as such people will comment on them because it's not natural. Which is a shame, because we wouldn't openly comment on other peoples attire or what they choose to wear due to religion or beliefs like people would about piercings.

All that being said, i am getting the itch to get something done again, but ive had everything done (within reason) maybe its time for another tatt...

/personal opinion

Now this thread can take many many paths, lets lay off the politics, insults and anything else like that or itll be closed quick smart.

/mod opinion.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
THE CADBURY KID

The thought of somebody different who thinks for themselves seems to frighten most people,and even if the way you look is because you are born that way people have to make themselves feel more at home by pulling the ****.
I dont have piercings but my physical demenour/stature means people stare at me although they dont pull the ****,maybe they are scared???
THE CADBURY KID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Don't get me started on the negative comments about my tattoos.
HLC I'm stretching my left ear, right one I'm yet to pierce, will have to get on the sauce and do it myself some time. The stretcher is a bit sore to put in(3mm straight from 1!). So far I've only been given a hard time due to my labret and nose. Labret was something I was willing to try and if I didn't like it I'd pull it. So far it looks ok and I'm happy with it. Won't be touching snakebites but am considering a Monroe. Septum a no no only due to work.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

I've had 'various' piercings over the years, tongue, ears, nose, etc. three tattoos in quick succession of each other...

I knew the stigma attached to getting the 'art' that I got, so I got it where I could appreciate it, and it wouldn't 'scare' my grandmother (she was a bit proper).

I must admit I'm not a fan of labrets or beauty spot ones, to me it detracts from otherwise very attractive people.

I could probably quite easily look at you and not see any problem with any of the piercings you've described...I'm not up for this though...

I'm afraid I couldn't take them seriously...and it's nothing personal...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I think good on them for going the whole nine yards with their piercings however I can see it being a full time job just cleaning/maintaining the piercings and wounds, as well as being extremely hard to sleep.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Spudz27
Call me Spud

This topic I am reminded of my evil great grandmother. I remember when I was 11 I got an earing. When I walked in, the first thing she asked was, "do you sit on the toilet seat when you urinate". Being 11 I replied sometimes. She was an evil lady, hated boys, loved little girls.

Anyway I must admit I think it is strange to see people who pierce themselves all over and multiple times. I especially hate those big gap making things, but everyone is entitled to look how they want. I won't judge a person.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

ALL you guys are either crazy or without feeling
Hell, I screamed and whinged for weeks just getting one very sensitive nipple pierced.... (Gave me a whole new understanding and compassion about breast feeding "biters")
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
ALL you guys are either crazy or without feeling
Hell, I screamed and whinged for weeks just getting one very sensitive nipple pierced.... (Gave me a whole new understanding and compassion about breast feeding "biters")
My top right ear hurt the most, even more than my lip or the 30+ hours I've spent getting tattooed. Nipple? Easy peasy!
Game. Reinvented.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #11
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After the 2009 Grand Final, I was at my brother's 29th Party wearing my Geelong guernsey...
A Hawthorn supporter wouldn't stop abusing me all night...
People should support my choices. I wasn't even carrying my handbag that night...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #12
Tough Ford

My 16yo Son has Snakebites, because of his good grades I told him he could keep em, but if that were to change? I'd chase him with a pair of pliares. Not a fan of them, but I'm only 38 so its a little easier to accept.

Cleveland goodness wrapped in a FORD shell
Tough Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #13
Wise
DWF00N

Ive only got my left lobe pierced and thats enough for me. I put my diamond in and Im good.

Seeing people with excessive amounts of facial piercings and even visible tattoos puts you in a demographic (whether you like it or not).

You're probably a decent bloke, but society judges you based on your appearance. Its human nature.

Even wearing a suit doesnt change it in the slightest.

Its unfortunate, but its just how people are in western cultures.

Now for sale - 30k
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Not at all a fan of body piercing, the better half had her belly pierced and it had to go. Looked like a nail stuck in her gut.

To each their own but for myself it really does nothing - can actually look quite awful sometimes.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #15
fasty73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got eyebrow, both ears, 3 labrets, so a total of 6 on my face/head and about 20 tats, including full flames up right forearm. I don't tend to get nasty comments as I'm 120 kilos so I think I intimidate people but I do get bad looks and little old ladies give me a WIDE berth. Funniest thing ever to happen, I was at ripleys on the gold coast and a little kid tugged on his dads arm and said "look dad, he's real." dad went the brightest shade of red ever. I say stuff em all. The nastier the comment means the more jealous they are that they don't have the gonads to get it done themselves!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:50 AM   #16
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Haha nice one fasty, I have both arms sleeved halfway and you've already seen my piercing repertoir. The comments I recieved where along the lines of "XXXXing emo XXXX go XXXXing kill yourself " etc. At first I didn't quite get it, then they pointed out the "stupid metal in your face XXXX you look like you should die".
Being a group of one guy and 4 terribly obese girls, my friend politely reminded them that hungry jacks wouldn't appreciate running out of food on such a busy night.
I was laughing after their comments but paused to wonder why they, as gen y themselves, hated my piercings so much?
Game. Reinvented.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:58 AM   #17
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

People hate my choices in life, but I just say stuff 'em, i'm different, and there's no law to say I can't be different...

They probably just "hate" the piercings because they can't afford them, haha...
Old 12-07-2011, 02:05 AM   #18
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

If you can't afford to quaff a vodka too many at your friends and let her shove a needle you "steralized" in vodka through your ear, well, damn. Haha.
I do not recommend getting both ears done at once, makes it hard to sleep.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #19
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

With your ear lobes, when they get streched out, do they return to normal or do you have a permanent hole in the lobe ?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #20
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty sure there's a certain point at which they won't heal, but the smaller sized ones heal
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #21
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

10-12mm is about the maximum. My work won't allow any bigger than 5mm though.
I have a mate who was a bit over enthusiastic about stretching his ears and his earlobe split. Now he just has two dangly bits. For ever! No thankyou.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #22
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasty73
I've got eyebrow, both ears, 3 labrets, so a total of 6 on my face/head and about 20 tats, including full flames up right forearm. I don't tend to get nasty comments as I'm 120 kilos so I think I intimidate people but I do get bad looks and little old ladies give me a WIDE berth. Funniest thing ever to happen, I was at ripleys on the gold coast and a little kid tugged on his dads arm and said "look dad, he's real." dad went the brightest shade of red ever. I say stuff em all. The nastier the comment means the more jealous they are that they don't have the gonads to get it done themselves!!!
Na it's not jealousy, some of us have no desire at all to do it.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #23
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

I don't mind the piercings myself,I'm 44 have my nose and both ears have 5 sleepers each side plus top of right ear done,want my eyebrow and snakebites but hubby says NO,,,sook lol...my middle daughter has snakebites and tongue pierced and youngest has tongue pierced eldest has nose done twice on one side and all have there ears done several times....to each there own I say,its no different to me liking fords and my friends those other poo box makes lmao...everyone has their own taste ,oh and me and 2 daughters have tattoo's also....

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #24
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

to each their own but I see piercings as mutilation if you want to do this it is your choice as long as it is an informed choice. I do get annoyed when I hear someone whinging they couldn't get a job serving the public because of thier piercings, anyone with 1/2 a brain will consider all the implications of their choice so to later whinge about their own decision is rather self centred

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #25
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Killerjoolz just go the bites anyway, at least with piercings they heal over if you don't like them.
I'm getting spiderbites as opposed to snakebites though, something a bit different.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #26
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Killerjoolz just go the bites anyway, at least with piercings they heal over if you don't like them.
I'm getting spiderbites as opposed to snakebites though, something a bit different.
I may just do that Iggy....hubby whinged at all the other things I did too,and he still loves me lol

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #27
tomtreasel
Starter Motor

Ive got about 4 piercings and mates always give me **** but after a while they start copying you haha who cares what they think mate if u like them
tomtreasel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
b2tf
not here much anymore

Im missing something, whats a snakebite?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #29
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
to each their own but I see piercings as mutilation if you want to do this it is your choice as long as it is an informed choice. I do get annoyed when I hear someone whinging they couldn't get a job serving the public because of thier piercings, anyone with 1/2 a brain will consider all the implications of their choice so to later whinge about their own decision is rather self centred
I will admit when someone rocks up to an interview with tats or piercings I tune out as if they had to deal with customers I wouldn't even consider them. I even refused to give my best mate a job because of the way he looks and now he's stuck in ****** laboring type jobs for the rest of his life.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #30
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I've had a number of piercings over the years, mainly due to curiosity. I don't have any of them now as it doesn't interest me, but over the last 4 years I've had my eyebrow pierced (3 times over that period), ear, top of ear, labret and tongue.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post