Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #1
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Stoopid council!

Well a couple of weeks ago the council decided it was a smart idea to resurface the road infront of my house. In true council style the road was fine. Anyway, they throw down tar and throw rocks on it. Leave it a few days then make a token guesture at sweaping up the rocks. Basically what we have now is a road with rocks all over it which means if you park your can on the street, I'd estimate it will get hit at least once an hour.

Now the stoopid council has decided to build concrete footpaths. A letter was sent around earlier this week telling us they would start 02/05/05 (nice to see ontime?!). Anyway in addition to a footpath they are also building conrete driveways. So .. while these idiots have ripped up your existing driveway you can't drive your car into you own property!!! They say we can't drive on the concrete for 4-7 days. Bullshit! I'll be driving on it as soon as they nickoff. I'm not going to leave my cars out on stone-covered street to be damaged or stolen.

I'd like to see if I could sue these idiots if my car was damaged or stolen?
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
Kryton

yep the council is the same here. roads that are fine get resurfaced. roads that are crap like down the breakwater (its an old bridge structure that has been filled with rocks and had tar laid on top making it like a rollercoaster) dont get touched.
this budget the council has enough money to fix 35km of road.......wow!!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
rodderz

My old man did some work for a road crew after he retired, driving the street sweeper. With that type of bitumen surface with which the aggregate gets spread and rolled over the emulsion, it gets left for a few days to bind then gets swept up. A thorough job should of been done. If it wasnt i'de ring the council and get them to chase up the superintendant who supervised the job/contractors. It could also pose a safety issue for pedestrians on the path too
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it possible to have sort of planks of wood and ramps over the concrete. That way you dont **** them off and they leave you alone.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
gtfpv
GT

yep get onto the coucil and get ti clean . write to the RTA AND YOUR LOCAL MEMBER take photos of your car and the road date them. let all concerned know . unfortunately fat lot of good it will do if something happens . but tru , try, try. they can be held accountable . if i were you though the best bet is a friends house or relo's . it 'll save you a smashed broken rear windscreen a smashed dash . a smashed windscreen . a 6mth wait for a new dash paint scratches from the panel beaters apprentice cleaning the glass off your paint , a faulty dash being fitted then another one fitted and a new dashrattle to come with it. all on your insurance claim. sounds far fetched but this happened to my ELXR8. ALL BECAUSE i had to park my car on the road for road and driveway works .
now that favour your friend owes you is looking pretty good........
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Well personally I wouldnt mind if the council here did up the roads a bit, they bloody well should!

I do see where you're coming from though, i'd be ****ed off too.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #7
Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
In true council style the road was fine.
Yeah, as usual!
Spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #8
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Update: This is my driveway as of last Thursday. That *was* a concrete driveway. It is now so boggy I can't walk up and down there. They left it like this over the long weekend. Morons ...
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2005, 07:00 PM   #9
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

F*cking imbosiles. The thing that ****es me off is that council bludgers get paid
sh*t loads to waste peoples time, disrupt their lives and destroy their property (and do very little else), While our Ambos, Nurses, Firies and others in essential services get paid sweet f*ck all. Is our country rooted or what!

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post