Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2022, 08:15 PM   #19231
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Felt a bit under the weather today so did 2 separate tests.

Mouth swab was negative, nasal swab positive.

Waited a few hrs and did test again. Same brand for mouth swab, different brand for nose swab.

Same results as first tests...

Mouth swab test is the V-Chek test, same ones given out at schools.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2022, 10:01 PM   #19232
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Clearly your schnoz needs to isolate, but your mouth can run off as it pleases!

Do you get half the $750 iso-cash for a result like that?
4 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2022, 01:59 PM   #19233
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 14,927 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0260 (1.0697) and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 10,898 cases for a 10 day average growth of 0.9949 (0.0346) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2022, 01:59 PM   #19234
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 28th 2022.

47,043 new cases for Australia and 126 deaths so the CMR is 0.124% (é).

NZ reported 7,932 cases and 115 deaths for a CMR of 0.129% (é).

The UK report 912,914 cases and 1,226 cases this week for a CMR of 0.789% (é).

166,444 new cases in the USA yesterday and 548 deaths sees CMR at 1.136 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 579M;
Europe passes 215M cases;
Asia passes 168M cases;
North America passes 110M cases;
South America passes 82M cases;

Japan (207,236) recorded a new high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2022, 01:33 PM   #19235
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 13,425 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0026 and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 8,937 cases for a 10 day average growth of 0.9705 while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2022, 01:55 PM   #19236
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 29th 2022.

45,012 new cases for Australia and 157 deaths so the CMR is 0.125% (é).

NZ reported 7,900 cases and 39 deaths for a CMR of 0.130% (é).

148,792 new cases in the USA yesterday and 657 deaths sees CMR at 1.135 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 580M;
USA passes 93M cases;
Japan passes 12M cases;

Japan (230,055) recorded a new high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2022, 06:41 PM   #19237
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Clearly your schnoz needs to isolate, but your mouth can run off as it pleases!

Do you get half the $750 iso-cash for a result like that?
Nope... naughty me has more than $10k in savings so can't apply for it.

This user likes this post:
Old 31-07-2022, 10:00 AM   #19238
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to over reach on this but I take that as readily available funds > $10 k.
Old 31-07-2022, 10:16 AM   #19239
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyal44 View Post
Not to over reach on this but I take that as readily available funds > $10 k.
Yeah... I read it as cash in a bank.... I'm well and truly over that after selling my house last year

It's fine. I'm doing the right thing. Registered my test results, told my work I'm having the week off and enjoying my time at home.

Have experienced upper body muscle pains, lack of appetite, sore eye sockets, shortness of breath when walking the day I was tested.

Nothing some Panamax and Ibuprofen can't fix. This morning I will go off the pain killers as I feel I'm over the peak and on the way to recovery.

Old 31-07-2022, 02:45 PM   #19240
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 30th 2022.

49,157 new cases for Australia and 135 deaths so the CMR is 0.126% (é).

NZ reported 6,469 cases and 67 deaths for a CMR of 0.134% (é).

99,061 new cases in the USA yesterday and 286 deaths sees CMR at 1.134 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 581M;
India passes 44M cases;
Italy passes 21M cases;

No countries recorded a new high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 31-07-2022, 09:56 PM   #19241
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Yeah... I read it as cash in a bank.... I'm well and truly over that after selling my house last year

It's fine. I'm doing the right thing. Registered my test results, told my work I'm having the week off and enjoying my time at home.

Have experienced upper body muscle pains, lack of appetite, sore eye sockets, shortness of breath when walking the day I was tested.

Nothing some Panamax and Ibuprofen can't fix. This morning I will go off the pain killers as I feel I'm over the peak and on the way to recovery.
Not that it makes much difference now that it seems you're over the worst of it, but I've heard from a few sources that paracetamol is far more effective against covid symptoms than ibuprofen. Not sure of the science behind it, but that's come from a few separate sources in the medical game.

After two false cases (both times faint positive on RAT, negative on subsequent PCR) my daughter has tested positive (RAT initially then confirmed via PCR given her testing history).

RAT was on Thursday, PCR was Friday with PCR result coming through yesterday.

Friday and yesterday seemed to be the worst days for her, suffering from fatigue, sore throat, headache, fever, runny nose and loss of taste. Symptoms seem to be clearing up already. Certainly her appetite has returned! . She's isolating in one part of the house and I have the rest to myself. I'm wearing a mask and gloves any time I go in there to deliver food, etc and when picking up dishes afterwards. I'm feeling OK at this stage.

She only has two vacc shots, as she had adverse reactions to the first two (both moderna), so I was a bit worried about how she'd go when she caught it, but it seems pretty mild at this stage.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 31-07-2022, 10:08 PM   #19242
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Not that it makes much difference now that it seems you're over the worst of it, but I've heard from a few sources that paracetamol is far more effective against covid symptoms than ibuprofen. Not sure of the science behind it, but that's come from a few separate sources in the medical game.
Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory, and since inflammation is an immune response, taking it for a viral infection actually hinders your immune system resulting in increased likelihood of more severe complications from the infection.

Pretty sure there's a study for this somewhere, I'll try to find it.

EDIT: This is the article where I found it...

https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m1086
Quote:
ibuprofen’s anti-inflammatory properties could “dampen down” the immune system, which could slow the recovery process.
However...
It turns out that it may have been disproven a year later

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34196258/
Quote:
The studies that have been performed so far demonstrate no association between ibuprofen use and increased mortality rates or an increased risk for respiratory support. Accordingly, we recommend ibuprofen to be used for managing COVID-19 symptoms.

Last edited by Metdevil; 31-07-2022 at 10:27 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2022, 11:54 AM   #19243
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I only had 3 Ibuprofen tablets left anyway and they were gone in 1 day. The rest was Paracetamol.

Feeling much better now. Just did a test but still positive. The only complaint is a stiff neck, I fell asleep watching my phone and must have had my noggin in an awkward position.

My 3yr old daughter never got it off me, and we were cuddling and playing right up to the night before I was positive.

Luck of the draw... as they say.

Still can't taste much... the wog in me will prepare a bit of crusty bread with capers and anchovies. If that can't get the tastebuds back nothing will....

6 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2022, 12:03 PM   #19244
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s interesting to read of your experiences, as people with Mediterranean genes seemed among the hardest hit early on.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:34 PM   #19245
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 31st 2022.

31,853 new cases for Australia and 42 deaths so the CMR is 0.126% (-).

NZ reported 4,456 cases and 21 deaths for a CMR of 0.135% (é).

15,679 new cases in the USA yesterday and 31 deaths sees CMR at 1.134 (-).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 582M;

No countries recorded a new high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2022, 01:50 PM   #19246
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 9,471 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 0.9456 and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 7,678 cases for a 10 day average growth of 0.9620 while the actual line remains below the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2022, 11:16 PM   #19247
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I only had 3 Ibuprofen tablets left anyway and they were gone in 1 day. The rest was Paracetamol.

Feeling much better now. Just did a test but still positive. The only complaint is a stiff neck, I fell asleep watching my phone and must have had my noggin in an awkward position.
I have a stiff neck too, but for a completely different reason.

I blacked out while visiting the toilet early in the morning (wife thought i may have had a stroke) and smashed my head on the wall of the shower when i fell down.

The worst of it injury wise was my leg from the shower recess, but the covid is now gone and the sore neck and bruises remain.

Happy story time, i had pizza tonight and i could taste and smell every one of those anchovies... so winning

Old 02-08-2022, 11:02 AM   #19248
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Daughter is into her 5th day of iso, and is certainly over the worst of it, it appears.

Today, I did my third RAT during her iso period, and it's another negative. Despite that, I have a sore throat. Psychosomatic, CB?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2022, 01:34 PM   #19249
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 1st 2022.

32,416 new cases for Australia and 39 deaths so the CMR is 0.126% (-).

NZ reported 5,575 cases and 27 deaths for a CMR of 0.136% (é).

99,993 new cases in the USA yesterday and 376 deaths sees CMR at 1.133 (ê).

Other notable points:
Asia passes 170M cases;

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2022, 02:48 PM   #19250
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Global (figures up to 31/07/22)

During the last 14 days, global CMR's have mostly been dropping with the global average now at 1.102% compared to 1.126% in the previous period and 2.129% a year ago today. Notably; Australia, Denmark, Malta; New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Thailand and Taiwan all saw CMR rise.

Case numbers increase with M in this period compared to 13.109M in the previous period with a higher 34,514 deaths in the last period for a higher CMR of 0.288% on an unadjusted basis. It should be noted that a number of countries (mostly in Africa) haven’t reported in this period.

Overall the increase in cases numbers was 2.5% and the variance in the number of deaths only 0.54%.

Countries (with >100k cases) that were above 5% growth rate are Japan (+18.2%); Greece (+11.6%); Brunei (+11.1%); Costa Rica (+10.0%); Martinique (+7.4%); (Taiwan (+7.2%); Singapore (+7.0%); New Zealand (+7.3%); Australia (+6.6%); Guatemala (+5.6%); El Salvador (+5.2%); Mexico (+5.9%) and Malta (+5.7%).

Very few countries saw their mortalities increase by much with New Zealand (+19.5%) and Australia (+9.5%) and Taiwan (+8.9%) the only significant growth amongst countries with >100k cases.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 02-08-2022, 10:25 PM   #19251
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 03-08-2022, 11:05 AM   #19252
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Daughter is into her 5th day of iso, and is certainly over the worst of it, it appears.

Today, I did my third RAT during her iso period, and it's another negative. Despite that, I have a sore throat. Psychosomatic, CB?
I don't often quote myself, but sometimes it's hard to avoid.

I clearly spoke too soon. Had a crap night sleep last night, only getting about two hours sleep. Was hot, but not sweaty hot. And no cold chills. Woke up this morning a little bit sluggish and sore, with a runny nose. Fully expected the positive RAT I got. Not faint like the daughter's. Obviously she didn't get those genes from me. Must have been her mother

Anyone have a Stan Sport account they'd be happy to share their login details with me so I can catch up on all the Indy races so far this season?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 03-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #19253
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't often quote myself, but sometimes it's hard to avoid.

I clearly spoke too soon. Had a crap night sleep last night, only getting about two hours sleep. Was hot, but not sweaty hot. And no cold chills. Woke up this morning a little bit sluggish and sore, with a runny nose. Fully expected the positive RAT I got. Not faint like the daughter's. Obviously she didn't get those genes from me. Must have been her mother

Anyone have a Stan Sport account they'd be happy to share their login details with me so I can catch up on all the Indy races so far this season?
Quote:

Yeh man, took 5-6 days of very close contacts in the same household before I started to get symptoms. My results were returned really fast, like in under 30 secs, and was really dark. Apparently that means high viral load. Not sure how accurate that is. Dad was the same and had hardly any symptoms.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2022, 12:58 PM   #19254
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 2nd 2022.

35,468 new cases for Australia and 65 deaths so the CMR is 0.126% (-).

NZ reported 7,382 cases and 34 deaths for a CMR of 0.138% (é).

88,684 new cases in the USA yesterday and 185 deaths sees CMR at 1.132 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 583M;
Europe passes 216M cases;
South Africa passes 4M cases;

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-08-2022, 01:16 PM   #19255
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Yeh man, took 5-6 days of very close contacts in the same household before I started to get symptoms. My results were returned really fast, like in under 30 secs, and was really dark. Apparently that means high viral load. Not sure how accurate that is. Dad was the same and had hardly any symptoms.
I'd pretty much done everything by the book: my daughter was isolated in her wing of the house. Any time I stuck my head through the sliding door to talk to her, I had a mask on. anytime I touched anything the other side of the door, I had disposable gloves on. As soon as I had them off, I washed my hands. anything I touched whist wearing the gloves, I used disinfectant wipes to clean.

Daughter had very mild symptoms really; standard covid symptoms, but worst last Saturday and almost completely gone now. Yet, she had a very faint return on her RAT and I had a strong return today.

I think it's difficult to work out exactly how this thing works.

Biggest thing I am glad about is that I stayed away from my mum. She has lung issues that impact her pretty much every winter, turning into bronchitis. No way I wanted to be responsible for giving that to her! Mind you, she was pretty blasé about the whole thing and had no problems with the idea of going out to dinner with me last night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2022, 01:31 PM   #19256
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 16,648 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0483.

VIC records 9,122 cases for a 10 day average growth of 1.0078.

As it was the end of our week yesterday, here are the weekly case numbers with NSW having 17,972 more cases than Victoria last week while Victoria recorded 12,973 less cases than the previous week; NSW recorded 9,064 less; Queensland 349 more; WA 8,860 less and SA 6,872 less. The week totalled 285,013 cases, a 13.2% decrease on last week.

.. and a closer look at the last 3 months:

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2022, 01:50 PM   #19257
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 14,387 cases for a 10-day average growth rate of 1.0507.

VIC records 8,785 cases for a 10 day average growth of 0.9961.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st. Total deaths for the entire pandemic in Australia pass 12,000.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 04-08-2022, 01:50 PM   #19258
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 3rd 2022.

40,967 new cases for Australia and 66 deaths so the CMR is 0.126% (-).

NZ reported 6,694 cases and 28 deaths for a CMR of 0.139% (é).

228,493 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,196 deaths sees CMR at 1.130 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 584M;
Asia passes 179M cases;
North America passes 111M cases;
South Korea passes 20M cases;
Japan passes 13M cases;

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2022, 10:18 PM   #19259
zilo
BANNED

A politician who seems to understand immunology to a level I haven't wittnessed before.

Doesn't seem like he is delivering an anti-vax message yet an impressive delivery of concern regarding Pfizer, why haven't we heard of this before?

If what he says is true then it is indeed a worry.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 04-08-2022, 10:40 PM   #19260
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This type of info has been there from the very start zilo.
Closed Thread