Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
Mickmelb

Default Resetting Service message on a MC Titanium

Hi All,

I recently had the 15000km service done on my MC Titanium then at 19950kms the service message started coming up every time I started it so today I took it back and had it reset. I watched the guy do it and thought some of you might want to know how to do it yourself since its out of sync with the service schedule:

-Leave the door open and push the start button without pressing the brake (don't start the engine)
-then put your your feet on both pedals and hold down
-keep an eye on the dash where the messages come up and in a few seconds you will see it say its resetting the service message
-Once its finished take your feet off the pedals and push the start button again

Jobs done takes less than a minute

Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
msford

Default Re: Resetting Service message on a MC Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
Hi All,

I recently had the 15000km service done on my MC Titanium then at 19950kms the service message started coming up every time I started it so today I took it back and had it reset. I watched the guy do it and thought some of you might want to know how to do it yourself since its out of sync with the service schedule:

-Leave the door open and push the start button without pressing the brake (don't start the engine)
-then put your your feet on both pedals and hold down
-keep an eye on the dash where the messages come up and in a few seconds you will see it say its resetting the service message
-Once its finished take your feet off the pedals and push the start button again

Jobs done takes less than a minute
Just clarifying the second step re: both pedals; do you mean brake and accelerator? I'm guessing everyone's got an auto these days thus you weren't meaning the clutch. Also, all the way down or just pressed a little?

Thanks for the heads up.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know why Ford Oz in their wisdom decided on a 15,000 km service interval? It's 20,000 km in NZ as it is in Europe.
Old 19-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Mickmelb

Quote:
Originally Posted by msford
Just clarifying the second step re: both pedals; do you mean brake and accelerator? I'm guessing everyone's got an auto these days thus you weren't meaning the clutch. Also, all the way down or just pressed a little?

Thanks for the heads up.
Yes mines an auto, they all are I think, so push the brake and accelerator all the way down. just remember to push the power button but not start it first otherwise you might hear what the rev limiter sounds like. lol
You can take it back to Ford and they will reset it while you wait but thats a bit of a pain if the dealer isn't close.

There wouldn't be too many cars in OZ running 20k service intervals none come to mind.
Old 20-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There wouldn't be too many cars in OZ running 20k service intervals none come to mind.
20k is pretty standard for Euro manufacturers now. For example, Peugeot who make the Mondeo diesel engine.

My question is why do Ford AU change the service interval for their Euro cars to 15k? Don't they think that the oil will last that long under Oz conditions?
Old 22-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
Mickmelb

The Euro that parks on the other side of my garage is 12500 intervals, not bad for a little Italian, bike that is lol
Old 23-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The Euro that parks on the other side of my garage is 12500 intervals, not bad for a little Italian, bike that is lol
That's pretty good. My Kawi needs an oil change every 6,000 kms but then it proably makes a bit more more power.
Old 15-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
Soulsearcher

Thanks for the opening post - had the message come up on my display this morning after 20K (can't believe I've only had it since September) & used the instructions to reset (serviced at 15K as per log book).

Wonder why the cpu isn't reprogrammed for Australian servicing requirements, as I'd imagine Ford / dealerships would get calls pretty regularly.
Soulsearcher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post