Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #91
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 
Default Re: what's a dog worth??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
I must be a heartless bastard
Glad you said it, Ill just quote and agree
This user likes this post:
Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #92
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

My 6 year old English Mastiff cross needed Cruciate ligament replacement a few months back. The quote was 4 grand for surgery....well that or put him down. The only thought that crossed my mind was "How fast can I get the cash?"

Fast forward a few months he's good as new, running and going on daily walks. I'd do it again if the other leg needed it.
If there is a chance of 100% recovery why not do it I say.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #93
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Unless its a cat >.>

Jokes
Old 13-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #94
Hell Cat

The vet who originally did the work on my cat, who wouldnt tell me what the price was going to be and wouldnt tell me what it currently was each time i asked gave me $200 back out of the thousands that he charged me when I mentioned i was going to look into legal action, he threatened to "come sort me out" if i tell anybody.

He had the cats legs sticky taped together for 5 days straight so he couldnt pull a cathider out that he stitched in. They cats bladder was full crystals and had stones and couldnt pee, the vet didnt bother to x-ray or ultrasound my cat and just kept putting cathiders in and medicating him because he thought it was something else.

I ended up paying the bill and taking my cat to another vet who properly diagnosed and fixed the problem with an operation (they also helped me on the cost)
Hell Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #95
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Cat View Post
The vet who originally did the work on my cat, who wouldnt tell me what the price was going to be and wouldnt tell me what it currently was each time i asked gave me $200 back out of the thousands that he charged me when I mentioned i was going to look into legal action, he threatened to "come sort me out" if i tell anybody.

He had the cats legs sticky taped together for 5 days straight so he couldnt pull a cathider out that he stitched in. They cats bladder was full crystals and had stones and couldnt pee, the vet didnt bother to x-ray or ultrasound my cat and just kept putting cathiders in and medicating him because he thought it was something else.

I ended up paying the bill and taking my cat to another vet who properly diagnosed and fixed the problem with an operation (they also helped me on the cost)
You're nicer than I am, I would've punched his lights out after the threat and then not paid him a cent..!!!
Old 13-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #96
Struggo

Spent plenty over the years, however now I need to ensure this young bloke takes easy when playing Xbox,

This bloke walked into my place of work as a lost little fella early 1997, he was around 5-6 months old. I took him to the RSPCA, unfortunately when I called a week or so later no one had claimed him. I was then advised that he would put to sleep in 2 weeks if no home was found.

Well that wasn’t happening, so $100 later I picked him with a micro chip inserted, unfortunately he lost his nuts in the process . He was an integral part of our family being the first to welcome home my three children during his time on earth. Towards the end of his life (last 2-3 years) I reckon we spent around $3-$4k on him removing various skin cancers and the like. In the process we extended his life a couple of years. In the end he had grown old (15+ years) and it was time to say goodbye (2011).

Last edited by Struggo; 13-09-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Struggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2014, 11:54 PM   #97
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^ well done you for providing a good home and having the decency to honour your obligations.

they give so much but ask for so little.................a lot could be learned by studying and emulating these little furry members of our family.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #98
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

What's a dog worth ? More than a cat , that's for sure. Our cat just came inside thru the cat door with a mouse in it's gob. Cat drops live mouse off in lounge room, then heads back outside leaving us with one shell shocked mouse, of which has bolted down towards our bedroom. How do you post on Gumtree ??!! Cat has officially failed in it's duty. I knew it had issues, but this is the last straw......
2 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #99
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Its bought some food how sweet

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #100
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:

You don't live in the leafy north east of Melbourne by chance? Sounds like the twats who were gonna put a kitten down with a bung leg because "there's plenty of healthy ones out the back if you want them. And this will cost THOUSANDS".
Lort smith amputated said leg for a grand. And let my mate pay it off. She'd have been too fast with four anyway. Fast as lightening on three

Think I might have mentioned this earlier in the thread come to think of it
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #101
Hell Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
You don't live in the leafy north east of Melbourne by chance? Sounds like the twats who were gonna put a kitten down with a bung leg because "there's plenty of healthy ones out the back if you want them. And this will cost THOUSANDS".
Lort smith amputated said leg for a grand. And let my mate pay it off. She'd have been too fast with four anyway. Fast as lightening on three

Think I might have mentioned this earlier in the thread come to think of it

No.
its called "the ark vet surgery" in aspley brisbane.

The guy said he would keep my cat/put him down if i didnt pay the bill.

I have an extremely short fuse but managed to stay calm the whole time dealing with this guy.

our old vet (that we live way too far away from) offered to do an operation worth 2 grand on one of our old cat for no charge
Hell Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #102
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

seen on the news last night where a feller had surgery done on his goldfish to remove a tumour on the back of its head.

wonder what that cost him, it was an "outside" goldfish as well.

they ran water through a tiny tube into the fishes mouth and past the gills and had to use very tiny stitches to close the wound.

absolutely amazing what these surgeons can do.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #103
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

What an **** butt.
I'd have punched him in the throat fo that.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #104
JoshXR

We have insurance from rspca on both of our pups cost around $64 a month covers 85% of vet bills up to 12k a year on each pup if needed , never had to use it and hope that we don't have too but it's good to know its there if needed

We have a 2 1/2 westie malt cross (hamish)and a 4 year old pure bread westie (cooper)

We adopted cooper just over 12months ago and suspected that he was used as a stud dog for a puppy farm or a breeder both have really good temperament however cooper is starting to become very protective around us with other dogs other than his brother.
JoshXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #105
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
No.
its called "the ark vet surgery" in aspley brisbane.

The guy said he would keep my cat/put him down if i didnt pay the bill.

I have an extremely short fuse but managed to stay calm the whole time dealing with this guy.

our old vet (that we live way too far away from) offered to do an operation worth 2 grand on one of our old cat for no charge
He actually threatened you with putting your cat to death if you didn't pay? No self respecting vet would ever say such a thing, since you got your cat back maybe go pay him a visit and tape his legs together then stitch in a catheter into him, but make sure you don't say why and charge him a fee for trying to stop you.....

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060