Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Random Puddles

Okay, this might rank up there with the weirdest threads on ff but I'm stumped. I bought an old country house in western victoria a bit over a year ago. Nice quiet and secluded. I live alone and have no pets. About six months after moving in I sat down at the bar and the bar stool had a puddle of water on it. Wet pants. I couldnt explain it. No rain, no wet patch on the roof, no visitors, and I didn't spill anything. The puddle left a white ring like it ate into the varnish on the bar stool.

Move on another few months. I just got home and another small puddle of water in the hallway just now. Again, no wetness on the ceiling, no pets, no drips. Just a small pool of water. Doesn't smell like rat **** or anything. No other signs of vermin. I'm stumped! Ideas?

BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Random Puddles

Could be you have a possum sneaking in and doing it's business. Just a thought.

Cheers
Col
Old 28-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doesn't smell like pee. Smells and looks like water. Could I have a snake in here with me? Is snake pee clear without smell?
Old 28-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Drop bears?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Hoop snakes are a common occurrence in those parts. Is it like condensation?

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #6
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll post a pic of the puddle. It had half evaporated then in five mins had totally evaporated.
Old 28-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was probably about a 3rd bigger than that before I took the pic. Floor boards wet but was also pooled on the surface. Was perfectly clear. Just looks like water. No pipes in the roof or under the floor.
Old 28-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just went through the house with a torch checking under all furniture, under the stove, washing machine, etc. nothing I can find.
Old 28-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #9
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Its not that secluded property that was in the news a year or so ago.
Some scientist guy said it had strong paranormal activity going on.

No one would touch it.

Just takin' the pis...
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol, funny you say that. I don't believe in such things but had some friends over a few months back and thought it would be fun to spook them a bit. So told them some of the other odd things that had happened whilst I've been here alone. Sitting in bed early one morning on my iPad looking at cars on eBay. The bedroom light suddenly switched on. I remember audibly hearing the switch flick. Jumped out of bed and the switch was in the on position. After I told my friends they spent 10 mins each trying to see if he could get the switch to sit half way on thinking maybe it was half on and just randomly flicked on the rest of the way. We figured it couldn't be an electrical fault or surge as the light switch was flicked to on. Unexplained weirdness.

Then there was the time I was working on my laptop in the lounge in the middle of the morning. Suddenly the fan started spinning at the other end of the room. I used my phone and took a vid, then uploaded to Facebook kidding that I have a ghost. All door/windows closed, no draft, and the fan directly above me stayed still.

Another time not long ago my parents were over watching a recent horror movie. Can't remember what it was but stuff started happening at 3:33am. Right then my microwave started beeping in the kitchen like someone was pressing buttons. We looked at each other, I went in the kitchen and 3 was being pressed non stop. I tried pressing buttons but randomly 333 kept appearing on the screen as it beeped away by itself. My parents came into the kitchen and suggested I turn it off at the wall. So I did and counted to ten. Microwave seemed fine for a moment then went beep beep beep showing 666 and went quiet. I joked that the microwave was possessed unplugged it and went back to the movie. Added some good realism to the movie night.

Then there is other weird stuff. Bump in the night type stuff, parents dog acting weird when they come over, my dad losing tools whilst renovating for me then finding them days later in strange places. That freaked him out a bit. Didn't freak me out at all, I figure dementia. The puddles however concern me a bit. I've had run ins with browns in the yard.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #11
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Move out NOW!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 28-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #12
Kryton

I used to live in an old miners cottage in Ballarat and I use to have a few strange random things happen.
The only one that really creeped me out was when one night i walked through the kitchen in the dark to go to the bathroom and there was a white figure standing at the sink.
Right as i looked at the figure, a drink glass on the sink shattered.
That was the only thing on the sink and it had been there most of the day.
I got goosebumps just now thinking about it.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #13
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryton View Post
I used to live in an old miners cottage in Ballarat and I use to have a few strange random things happen.
The only one that really creeped me out was when one night i walked through the kitchen in the dark to go to the bathroom and there was a white figure standing at the sink.
Right as i looked at the figure, a drink glass on the sink shattered.
That was the only thing on the sink and it had been there most of the day.
I got goosebumps just now thinking about it.
Something similar happened here about a month ago. Middle of the morning walking by the dining room, which was the kids old bedroom. As I walked by out the corner of my eye I saw a tall black figure by the window. Startled me enough. I have a scratch on my eye that makes me see things sometimes. E.g. Watching tv I sometimes see things crawling down the wall out the corner of my eye. Turn my head slightly and it goes.
Old 28-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #14
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate at work has lived in his house for 20+ years and says every since a few weeks moving in strange things had been happening. Figures and shadows at the top of stairs at night, things tapping his leg in middle of night, and his young daughter talking about the lady that came into her room at night sometimes. Some of his friends and relatives won't stay at their house at night due to stuff happening to them previously . He says whatever causes this hasn't tried to hurt him, so why move out.

As for my house, for a few months the kitchen floor would clean itself. We went to work one day with dog fur on the floor. Came home to it absolutely spotless. No sign of vermin and the dog was locked outside. Lasted about 2-3 months then Suddenly stopped and never happened again.
All dog hair and bread crumbs from toaster would disappear from the kitchen floor of no one was home for a while. Even happened a couple of times when the gf was home in another room.
We tested it on the other floors in the house, only the kitchen floor would clean itself.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #15
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T View Post
Doesn't smell like pee. Smells and looks like water. Could I have a snake in here with me? Is snake pee clear without smell?
Snake urine reeks, you'd notice it. So you can rule that out.

What was the weather like before the latest incident?
Old 28-09-2014, 11:54 PM   #16
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamb0 View Post
Snake urine reeks, you'd notice it. So you can rule that out.

What was the weather like before the latest incident?
Cloudy but no good rain for ages here. Rained for five minutes maybe a week ago. The first puddle was in summer when it was very dry. No rain for months. Has to be some kind of animal. Stuffed if I can find anything. I've been tearing the house apart since this afternoon. No signs of anything.
Old 29-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #17
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T View Post
Lol, funny you say that. I don't believe in such things but had some friends over a few months back and thought it would be fun to spook them a bit. So told them some of the other odd things that had happened whilst I've been here alone. Sitting in bed early one morning on my iPad looking at cars on eBay. The bedroom light suddenly switched on. I remember audibly hearing the switch flick. Jumped out of bed and the switch was in the on position. After I told my friends they spent 10 mins each trying to see if he could get the switch to sit half way on thinking maybe it was half on and just randomly flicked on the rest of the way. We figured it couldn't be an electrical fault or surge as the light switch was flicked to on. Unexplained weirdness.

Then there was the time I was working on my laptop in the lounge in the middle of the morning. Suddenly the fan started spinning at the other end of the room. I used my phone and took a vid, then uploaded to Facebook kidding that I have a ghost. All door/windows closed, no draft, and the fan directly above me stayed still.

Another time not long ago my parents were over watching a recent horror movie. Can't remember what it was but stuff started happening at 3:33am. Right then my microwave started beeping in the kitchen like someone was pressing buttons. We looked at each other, I went in the kitchen and 3 was being pressed non stop. I tried pressing buttons but randomly 333 kept appearing on the screen as it beeped away by itself. My parents came into the kitchen and suggested I turn it off at the wall. So I did and counted to ten. Microwave seemed fine for a moment then went beep beep beep showing 666 and went quiet. I joked that the microwave was possessed unplugged it and went back to the movie. Added some good realism to the movie night.

Then there is other weird stuff. Bump in the night type stuff, parents dog acting weird when they come over, my dad losing tools whilst renovating for me then finding them days later in strange places. That freaked him out a bit. Didn't freak me out at all, I figure dementia. The puddles however concern me a bit. I've had run ins with browns in the yard.
Holy crap dude, GTFO out of that house

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #18
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Yeah too many coincidences there for me to stay, I'd sleep outside.
Old 29-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #19
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Incontinance ?? Lol Guess condensation esp if you have iron roof.. If it is some venting helps.. There is a system that draws air from roof into house .. Keeps temps even, limits moisture , condensation big time!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #20
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We though that too but ruled condensation out. I got up and ran my hands over the roof both times and not moist at all. Very dry air out here on the wimmera. So dry this year that the lawn has cracked up early. Last year everything dried out and browned off in December. That started in July this year. Humidity gauge in the kitchen right now is reading 55%.
Old 29-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #21
EA2BA
PM me if you want

mark the exact spot with chalk, then see if it happens again.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #22
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Get a camera set up
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #23
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Hire a Shaman.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #24
Itsme
Experienced Member

Stop sleep walking & you will be fine!
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-09-2014, 01:09 AM   #25
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Okay, okay, let's all stop on the speculation.

BPXR6T, don't sweat.

Definitely log (accurately) your experiences, but this is your house.
I'm house sitting a fairly modern house for a mate (mostly wood) and
I hear footsteps, bangings etc, but I attribute it to house designs and
components. Bit of natural creatures having a go too, which isn't a bad thing.

Keep me informed.

Cheers
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2014, 07:14 AM   #26
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ghost wee
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post