Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #31
Stampy

O and i ordered the SVT Snorkel from USA today ,(as per picture posted earlier),
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 AM   #32
Stampy

look at this pic and tell me whats the brass sensor is for and where did it go before your mod mine is the same?

Last edited by Stampy; 11-09-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:03 PM   #33
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Stampy,

I'm not exactly sure what the brass sensor is for. It was attached to the outside of the battery housing in exactly the same position it is in now - I simply cut holes in the heat shield for it and all the other wires (you need to cut a hole for the battery wires and MAF sensor wires to feed through) so they could be re-attached in exactly the same positions that they were originally in.

To get the heat shield dimensions exactly right (well as close as possible), I made a cardboard template. Because the cardboard is flexible, you can easily put the template in place without dismantling everything and see where alterations need to be made. It took about 4 revisions to get it right.

Basically, the heat shield attaches to the battery housing (I had to cut the front corner of the housing to get a flat surface to mount against) and the small heat shield you get with the typhoon (I assume you have that installed?). I pop-riveted the shield on, but I guess you could glue it on too.

The only problem I did have, was the intake tube hitting the heat shield (the intake moves slightly under throttle) and eventually dislodging the intake from the throttle body – you’ll know pretty quickly if that ever happens. That is why I cut a much larger hole in the shield than was needed around the intake and filled it with adhesive foam – haven’t had a problem since.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #34
zetec
Zoom Zoom

That's also fitted to the Zetec from memory, may well be a cheap heat sink? No idea really...
Old 13-09-2005, 08:08 AM   #35
Stampy

it's a temp sensor for sure but whats temp is it sensing ,could it be the snow flake simble inside next to oil gauge ,detects temps lower than 5 deg or somethink
Old 13-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #36
zetec
Zoom Zoom

No that's below the front bumper under the radiator.