Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-09-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
owens

Default Update on my new focus.

Hey everyone. About 3 weeks ago I picked up my LX sedan, and it's a terrific car. Since then however the car has been back to ford 3 times. The first time was because the seatbelt had no button in it to stop the buckle falling to the floor. They had to order it in, but when I took it back in the next time, they had ordered the wrong colour. Meanwhile since the first time, I had noticed an area in the metal surrounding the boot 'crevice' that had clear paint drips and areas where there was no paint, and also a big chip in the paint on one of the wheels. So it's in a third time today, going to get this bit resprayed and the wheel done.

Also, on the second time when I was driving away the visor had been broken and wouldn't do anything except hang down, so they just replaced it.

Also, has anyone else noticed a 'clicking' feeling in their seat? I mentioned this to the dealer and they tried other cars and said it was normal. If it is normal, why does it do this? It's a bit annoying, because you'll be driving along and then 'click'.

Anyhow, despite the superficial problems with the car, it drives sweetly and is very economical. There is a creak developing but from what I've read that is just normal.

Cheers,
Owen.

owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Update, on my new focus

A day in the life of a Ford owner.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Disregard what the dealer says as normal

The dealer has NFI about anything in my opinion.

If you think it is a problem, keep at them until they look at it and get it fixed, else take it to another place that will look at it and then give the bill to the dealer

1 of the dealers i went to told me it was "normal" that the headlight indicator marks on the light switch didnt light up..

Chris
Old 21-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Another 1st class Focus by the sounds of it....
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #5
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

...........these things sound like they are lemons! Spoke to a lady at work who bought a CL hatch about 5 weeks ago and after I asked how her new car was she looked at me as if I she was going to stab me!! All she said was, that due to a number of problems it has already been back twice and has to go back again in 2 weeks time.

I was considering a Focus as a short term economical car but I think I will give it a miss. The Fiesta looks like a much better built car, my g/f has done 40000kms in her's with no problems at all.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

hence why you dont buy and early build or a first series of car.

In comparison to new models, my LR is an absolute dream.
Old 23-09-2005, 01:01 AM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes...

But the problems aren't mechanical, they are to do with finish and paint...

B2TF isnt your LR Focus a 2002 build??? Therefore woudln't it be an early LR model. Obviously the LR was built long before it got here but the LS has been around for a while in other countries aswell, so really theres no excuse for poor build quality.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 01:43 AM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
B2TF isnt your LR Focus a 2002 build??? Therefore woudln't it be an early LR model. Obviously the LR was built long before it got here but the LS has been around for a while in other countries aswell, so really theres no excuse for poor build quality.
Yes, it is an 02 model but as you have pointed out, the LR model was around for yonks before it got here. Tp be honest I did not know when Focus' were first brought into Aus, didnt look into it before I bought mine but I did go over the car with a fine tooth comb, checked its service records and found out everything i could about it before any commitment was made.

I am under the impression the LS models found overseas are not the South African built ones, is this correct?
Old 23-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #9
owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
...........these things sound like they are lemons! Spoke to a lady at work who bought a CL hatch about 5 weeks ago and after I asked how her new car was she looked at me as if I she was going to stab me!! All she said was, that due to a number of problems it has already been back twice and has to go back again in 2 weeks time.

I was considering a Focus as a short term economical car but I think I will give it a miss. The Fiesta looks like a much better built car, my g/f has done 40000kms in her's with no problems at all.
With the number of problems that I've found with my car I'm not annoyed about it... why? Because the good points far counter-act the bad and I just can't wait to get it back and start driving it again.

Mechanically I have found no problems. It would be interesting to find out what that lady said was wrong with it.
Old 23-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #10
guym

Could these problems be with where it is build, South Africa, sounds like the previous version was better built coming from Europe.
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #11
owens

I don't know but I got my car back today from getting a bit of paint sprayed and a chip in the wheel fixed, only to find a large scratch on the same wheel. It looks like they just replaced the wheel with another one (At the panel beater) so Ford just swapped the wheel over with one from a new car... however, the handle in the inside of the boot is now loose! I'm getting sick of people being heavy-handed with my car. First it was the visor that was broken and now this handle. So I'll be taking it back tomorrow morning to show him. He's getting sick of seeing me, but I just want a good car. 3 weeks old and it's been back 3 times.