Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-09-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
losfp

Angry There's always a first scratch....

But why did it only have to take 2 weeks?!?!

Our LX hatch spends its week driving my fiancée to work and back (she is a school teacher). All fine and dandy until today - the person who opens and shuts the gate didn't open it properly, or a gust of wind blew it or something.. and it took a good scrape of paint off the rear passenger side door handle.

Now, it's obviously not nearly as bad as scratching the paint off a door panel, but it is still a pain! Does anyone have any idea what it would take/cost to fix it? It's scraped probably 8cm x 1cm of paint off the handle...

Ah well, at least apart from that, the car has been a champion, no problems with it at all.

losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 12:21 AM   #2
gtfpv
GT

you lucky bastard my gt got keyed after one week on the rear quarter panel.worst possible place . i just live with it as it is not too noticible once it was cut and polished.
get a new handle fitted , and you'll be smilin once again.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
whippet_zetec
Supes

yep...you might find a new handle will be cheaper than getting the paint fixed up
Old 22-09-2005, 09:46 AM   #4
losfp

Yeah, I'm trying to find out how much a new handle would cost - you can hardly see it because the surface under the paint is quite dark, so doesn't stand out against the Ti Grey paint. So we will probably leave it until the 3k service, then we'll get a new handle fitted.
Old 23-09-2005, 01:16 AM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Remember parts like that come primed and not painted, so either way you'll have to pay for it to be sprayed, respray might end up being cheaper...
Old 23-09-2005, 10:02 AM   #6
losfp

Yeah, I had a look at it the morning after (I only get home at 7pm, when it's dark!!), and the handle itself hasn't been damaged, just had a big scrape of paint taken off it!

Might ring around and find out how much it'll cost....
Old 23-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #7
98AUXR6

I bet you agonised over the first scratch! I always do! Then more come.............
98AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #8
owens

Sorry about your first scratch losfp... it's a shame when it happens to a new car.

Glad you're still enjoying it though!
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 12:21 PM   #9
focusLX
Starter Motor

Oh that sucks! I've had my LX Hatch for about a week now and am also just waiting for some fool either in the car park at work or at the shopping centre to door it or something. As it is there's something wrong with my radio, they said at first it would need a new head unit. After having ordered one and fitting it last night it made no difference at all so now they want the car back to check the actual aerial cable which will mean taking the roof lining down etc. They may want the car for two days for this

Edited to add: This is focus_gal, seems there is something wrong with my original account in that I no longer could edit posts etc. It's been that way for about 2-3 weeks now so I just re-registered. If the Mods could just delete the original account I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by focusLX; 23-09-2005 at 12:59 PM.
focusLX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post