Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
BLU_FZ1
Starter Motor

Default WS Fiesta probs

We have just signed the papers to order our daughter a 5 door 1.4 auto Zetec Fiesta, now i have read there are issues with the aircon and rattles from the interior,is this across the board or a bit hit and miss between cars? Is there anyother concerns current owners have?

BLU_FZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
shroomies49

I have the same car that you've ordered for your daughter. After my initinal prob (dealers pre-checking fault) I don't have any problems with my car. The a/c is nive and cold atm but who needs it cold in winter?

I hope your daughter loves her new car! I know i love mine =)

Tenille

To date: Phillips H1 & H7 Bluevision bulbs, K&N Panel filter,Centre console, clicon system for gps

To Do: 17" wheels and possibly lowering
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
BLU_FZ1
Starter Motor

Cheers,

were in Perth and she lives in Melbourne so a deal was done by email. I now have to try and negotiate fixed servicing cost for her. Im sure she will love the car,the good thing from my point is that the only options to speak of was colour and gearbox.
Old 13-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
shroomies49

What colour did you/she pick? or is the car a suprise?

Don't forget to get car mats, Y-cable, and a full tank!! (lessons I've learned for future purposes ><)

=)

To date: Phillips H1 & H7 Bluevision bulbs, K&N Panel filter,Centre console, clicon system for gps

To Do: 17" wheels and possibly lowering
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
WASP
Whipple Induced

Bought the 5 door 1.4 auto Zetec Fiesta for my wife about a year ago now. No issues at all with the aircon or rattles etc. It's an extremely well built little car indeed. Only issues we have found is the lack of power and torque from the 1.4 and auto combo. It affects the fuel economy sitting around 8ltrs per 100 at best around town and the car can be a little un-nerving when pulling out in traffic. If I had my time again I would got her the Focus auto instead. We also went for the optional 17" wheels which involved using a steering rack limiter. The larger wheels look fantasic but the limited turning circle isn't something I would recommend.
Old 13-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
BLU_FZ1
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomies49
What colour did you/she pick? or is the car a suprise?

Don't forget to get car mats, Y-cable, and a full tank!! (lessons I've learned for future purposes ><)

=)
Its is a surprise,as far as surprises go. She chose Morello.Im not sure if we got a good deal or not,but im happy with it, $22700 drive away with mats,ipod lead,a tank of fuel and tint. We sent her in to her local dealer to look at the Fiesta, the dealer phones me up and tells me she`s picked an XR5 Focus, that was sorted out real quik
Old 13-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
Fi.ES.TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU_FZ1
the dealer phones me up and tells me she`s picked an XR5 Focus, that was sorted out real quik
Lmao shes got good taste mind ive had no major probs with mine the aircon is'nt too bad with tinted windows but before the tint it was shocking,I have the odd little rattle from the boot area which i still have'nt got round to sorting but mechanically after a year of owning the car i could'nt be happier with the purchase.Im sure your daughter will love the car.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahah I wanted the XR5 Turbo as well, one is Electric Orange would have been awesome. But the Fiesta is great. You have to remember the people on here are car enthusiasts, and that normally makes us quite picky, a small rattle to others annoys the hell out of me but that's OCD for you. Although I have the manual, it's a great car. Rattles seem to effect a few of the early build cars, but most people on here don't have anything major, mine will go into the dealer shortly to get two rattles looked at, nothing too major and I'm sure easily fixed. It's a great car man, and your descision to buy one should not be second guessed, you've definitely made the right descision!!!

Congrats and I hope all is well with the car.
Old 13-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
BLU_FZ1
Starter Motor

Thanks guys,

What sort of cost are we looking at for servicing, A/B, major/ minor however they do them. I want to also pay for that up front if possible or at least fix them for 3 yrs. Being female,she will just drive it, buy **** and clothes and forget about looking after it.
Old 13-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #10
Fi.ES.TA

Servicing seems to vary from $140.00 up more popular being around the $250.00 mark from people here getting qoutes.http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11297555
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #11
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

In Melbourne, you're looking at service costs between $260 and $310 for the "A" services, which are 15,000, 30,000 and 45,000kms (first three years).
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #12
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU_FZ1
Its is a surprise,as far as surprises go. She chose Morello.Im not sure if we got a good deal or not,but im happy with it, $22700 drive away with mats,ipod lead,a tank of fuel and tint. We sent her in to her local dealer to look at the Fiesta, the dealer phones me up and tells me she`s picked an XR5 Focus, that was sorted out real quik
Not sure if you mentioned it already but if your planning for her to keep it a while, you might be able to get the 5 year factory warranty they were offering a while ago. Factory as opposed to dealer warranty which is useless if you move etc...

Also like CDAA says... most with the auto's are finding it down on power.. if thats going to bother her, then the manual would be the better option..
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post