Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
Fi.ES.TA

Default Ws Manual gearbox

Ok just a question for others with a manual gearbox.
This is my first brand new car so i would'nt have a clue if this is normal
or there is something wrong,this was pointed out to me today while taking
the father inlaw out (who thinks he no's it all) when setting off in 1st gear up till 3rd and you've reached a bit of speed the car makes a small whiring noise like something is spinning really fast (father inlaw thinks its a fecked bearing in the gearbox) but does'nt do it in 4th and 5th.
Personally to me this noise is normal if anyone else can shed some light on this it would be appreciated cheers.

Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Sounds just like any other manual I've driven over the past 35 years ?

Can't say if yours has an issue obviously but not noticed anything unusual with ours.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Fi.ES.TA

Thanks for replying it sounds normal to me but he has made me paranoid
and just wanted some more feedback from others before i take it back to ford and make a total tw*t of myself.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but i have noticed something that is ****ing me off. My car has been making a weird noise all day today. I depress the clutch and a whine starts up, that is until the engine warms up. I take my foot off the clutch and no whine, but the second the clutch is half-way pressed in it begins. Is this what you mean, or is mine stuffed already? Mine doesn't sound normal...
Old 05-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
Fi.ES.TA

No mines fine with that,its just on take off but i do reckon they all do it,its just hard to explain without seeing someone else's festa.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi.ES.TA
No mines fine with that,its just on take off but i do reckon they all do it,its just hard to explain without seeing someone else's festa.
Great, so along with all the rattles I now have a dead clutch or something. :togo:

I'm not 100% sure what you mean man, but if I'm thinking right I don't have any whines from the gearbox?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Fi.ES.TA

We should meet up one weekend as im only at the bottom of the range
and have a bi*ch about them lol.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bahahahahahahahaha!

I'm all for bitching about my car. I really feel sorry for my dealership, when I come in for my 3000km service they'll have fun. My OCD and I have made a list haha!

I'd really like to compare some of the things on my car with another Fiesta. That way you could see if my car makes the noise you one does. A Ford Fiesta QLD get together?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
Fi.ES.TA

A meet would be good,i also found today after giving it a spit and polish
that the front windscreen seal on the drivers side was not in properley bottom half was in top half was out fixed it but p*ssed me off.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I havn't washed mine in two weeks. It's too cold here to wash cars!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Both the Fiesta's I've had have made a bit of noise in the first 3 gears, I was pretty sure it was normal. I like it anyway, gives me the illusion for just a moment that I have a dog box hahaha.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

clutch bearings (which i think is what i think your father in law is talkin' bout usually make noises when the clutch is released (i.e. when idling). that whir could be anything, i'd say its probably fine... although if you're concerned you can have it looked at. the common thought is that new cars should make less noise.... not always the case unfortunately...
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post