Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-10-2015, 02:41 AM   #1
Spurious

Default End of the roll, a mere coincidence?... or far more sinister plot afoot?

So...the joys of living with family, ultimately you find yourself in the toilet & there's only a few squares left on the roll.
There's plenty more rolls behind you but YOU are the one who has to change it.
Is this a problem?
Should it be a problem?
Should it even be a thing at all?
I mean, it's just one of those things that needs to be done, but nobody really seems keen to do it. Am I alone here? Surely others are subject to the same thing?

I for one, when entering a toilet, are usually going to find a near cardboard roll on the holder. Almost every time.
It's as if it & I are on some kind of cycle or schedule together, an average of once a day we bump in to each other in that same little room!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: End of the roll, a mere coincidence?... or far more sinister plot afoot?

Made worse when you live alone.......

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: End of the roll, a mere coincidence?... or far more sinister plot afoot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6AUII? View Post
So...the joys of living with family, ultimately you find yourself in the toilet & there's only a few squares left on the roll.
Is this a problem?
Should it be a problem?
I mean, it's just one of those things that needs to be done, but nobody really seems keen to do it. Am I alone here? Surely others are subject to the same thing?

I for one, when entering a toilet, are usually going to find a near cardboard roll on the holder. Almost every time.
It's as if it & I are on some kind of cycle or schedule together, an average of once a day we bump in to each other in that same little room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Hi. cue "twilight zone music". Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I come prepared, at any given time I've got three extra rolls stashed away in the toilet, ready to roll.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #5
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But the roll doesn't need changing, it has some left on it!
Don't you remember being a kid.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #6
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Same problem myself until i got a bit clever about it and have my own personal roll in a cupboard in the washouse pick it up on the way in and deposit it back after...well making a deposit.Mrs still has the nerve to have a go at me "how come you never change the toilet roll " is answered with "cause i never finish it".She knows nothing of the secret roll.
Old 24-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #7
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Happens at our place too. There's only one person who is home all day, yet I get whinged at about not changing it.
I was at work, you were here, you used it all, don't complain to me!

The same person (who is clearly not a rocket scientist), also thinks the best place to keep the spare rolls is in a cupboard in the laundry, rather than having spare rolls in any of the actual bathrooms.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #8
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Since the kids have left I no longer have to hear them yelling out muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.

It also means I now have my own toilet and I keep one loaded to go and three riding shotgun and I always make sure I refill when I’m down to the last spare.

The secret to a happy toilet is that the kids eventually grow up and leave.

Last edited by Express; 24-10-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #9
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Is this a problem?
Should it be a problem?

You must be a woman cause you sound exactly like my wife.

Mercury Silver 03 BA GT-P Tremec TR3650 Number 534

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

RIP Fish 15/1/73 - 9/2/19

Last edited by 290GTP; 24-10-2015 at 06:11 PM.
290GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2015, 06:44 PM   #10
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The ****house does indeed cause some friction,her indoors complains i dont clean it i say "well i cant do everything,takes me hours to get it dirty at times" Funny things women,mine spends hours in the Falcon but wants no part of cleaning that.
Old 24-10-2015, 06:52 PM   #11
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

I share the ensuite with my missus, her daughter and my daughter (there's a entry from the passageway).

I'm always changing the roll but when I mention it to Glen (my missus) she keeps telling me she is the one who changes it. I have noticed one of the girls will happily use the roll while it's still in the packet as when I do change it it's been partially used. WTF I ask you...
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #12
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
I share the ensuite with my missus, her daughter and my daughter (there's a entry from the passageway).

I'm always changing the roll but when I mention it to Glen (my missus) she keeps telling me she is the one who changes it. I have noticed one of the girls will happily use the roll while it's still in the packet as when I do change it it's been partially used. WTF I ask you...
Oh the humanity some have no shame...
Old 24-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #13
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

98TLS I too use my own stash. The only way to roll!
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2015, 09:52 PM   #14
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

I have performed...experiments on how far the packets of rolls need to be from the bowl so they become a pain in the posterior to get at but the used new roll is still left on top of the packet. The answer seems to be a lot further than the packet to the empty roll holder, around 1.5 metres....so whoever is doing it would need to get up to use the roll...and then put it back when they're done...when the roll holder is at their left elbow...

...however it's also possible they're just messing with my head to see how many wtfs it can hold before a meltdown
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #15
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

The problem with having all our spare rolls in the laundry is that if you're the one who finishes a roll, you take the old one to the bin in the kitchen, but the laundry is at the other end of the house, so you'll get distracted by other things, and forget to go get another roll.
This also means that if you're the first to discover there is no paper once your mission has commenced, you're basically screwed.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2015, 10:27 PM   #16
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
That's when you can safely do the embarrassed hobble to the location of the package of rolls...

Even more embarassing if there's none in the house...where's that box of tissues...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2015, 11:25 PM   #17
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least one of the blokes at my work has the ability to judge his wiping needs down to the last square... Strangely, he doesn't have a similar ability to change the roll.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2015, 01:35 AM   #18
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

One of my guys at work was telling me about this last night,
This could be THE answer!

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...20.LZuBKsdMLho
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2015, 12:16 AM   #19
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR MAN View Post

LOL...'aint no way!
That's just riddled with flaws. Even if you gave tips to others on how to properly use it, you'd still walk in there & find everything drenched & a very unsanitary gun!
Old 26-10-2015, 12:20 AM   #20
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290GTP View Post
You must be a woman cause you sound exactly like my wife.
Strange as it may seem, I am bloke, a bloke with an amazing ability to kindly use the last few squares to wipe something down with glen20, just for the sake of not leaving 4 squares for the next poor sod.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #21
AJ09

I'm yet to work out which of my 2 teenage Sons is the culprit for leaving bugger all on the roll.

I find it's easier to change the roll myself and say nothing. Anyone with teenage kids will know where I'm coming from.

On another note, being an all male household means we don't have the
"up v down" debate about the toilet seat.
AJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #22
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ09 View Post
I'm yet to work out which of my 2 teenage Sons is the culprit for leaving bugger all on the roll.

I find it's easier to change the roll myself and say nothing. Anyone with teenage kids will know where I'm coming from.

On another note, being an all male household means we don't have the
"up v down" debate about the toilet seat.
Agreed. I have a teenage son & you're usually by asking them to do things.
I also live with my mother. She's OCD at the best of times, changes ALL the rules when necessary & leaves the loo seat up too. Figure that one out if you dare!
Old 26-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #23
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Here is the solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIeZg0-Tc9M
Old 26-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #24
snopony

Quote:
Agreed. I have a teenage son & you're usually by asking them to do things.
I also live with my mother. She's OCD at the best of times, changes ALL the rules when necessary & leaves the loo seat up too. Figure that one out if you dare!
ahhhhhh my grandmother did this... actually took the seat lid right off. She was a woman with large genetic traits to put it gently.

I nearly fell clean in one day when I didnt turn the light on. I learnt not to use the loo at grandmas if at all possible.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #25
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopony View Post
ahhhhhh my grandmother did this... actually took the seat lid right off. She was a woman with large genetic traits to put it gently.

I nearly fell clean in one day when I didnt turn the light on. I learnt not to use the loo at grandmas if at all possible.
Laughed a bit too hard at the post...
Old 26-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #26
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR MAN View Post

Dont go to Thailand or anywhere in south east asia if you are afraid to use one of these. They are in every flushable toilet in the country and you are expected to not flush the paper after use but put in the bin provided next to the bowl. I would hate the job of emptying that bin. The bum gun is there to ummm....clean up the missed areas Then you have to use more paper to dry yourself with. Don't know about you, but wet tissues and fingers dont make for strong paper strength. Giving yourself the digit is inevitable. :-O

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2015, 11:40 PM   #27
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id rather change myself, at least I will know it's been put on the correct way

As for seat up or down debate. Seat down, lid closed. Especially if your tooth brush is in the same room, unless you enjoy brushing your teeth with toilet water and whatever else ends up on there
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2015, 03:08 AM   #28
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Id rather change myself, at least I will know it's been put on the correct way

As for seat up or down debate. Seat down, lid closed. Especially if your tooth brush is in the same room, unless you enjoy brushing your teeth with toilet water and whatever else ends up on there
And what about the other argument starter? Do you fold or scrunch the paper?
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2015, 06:53 AM   #29
XG_Falcon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gysu0kgFwT0
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2015, 09:58 AM   #30
AJ09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

I'm glad my house has the toilet in a separate room!
AJ09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post