Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Default Group buy from European Parts

Hey guys,

I don't know if this is the best place to put this ad, but I figured it would be considering the products for sale from European Parts are predominantly for the focus/fiesta range. Mods feel free to move this post if you see fit.

Anyhoo,
I'm looking at buying the Eibach Pro Kit from European-Parts (www.european-parts.net) soon and I know how much money can be saved by putting in a group order. Now I openly extend this invitation to anybody who has wanted to buy something from european parts for a while but didn't want to fork on shipping. This is because any range of products can be ordered from EP and the same discount on shipping will apply (ie. it doesn't all have to be one product).
So... if anybody here wants to buy something from EP, now is the time!! I want to be looking at ordering within the next 2-3 weeks, and am hoping for at least 5 products (be it all the same or different) minimum.
I am of the understanding that EP can ship all the products to different addresses once they arrive in Australia, but will seek clarification from them if I get genuine interest in this group buy.

Looking forward to some replies,
Regan

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Regan,

Are you only thinking about LS/LT owners? I've long contemplated getting a RS/Ford Motorsport/Zetec R call-it-what-you-will spoiler for my LR through E.P. but am unsure as to whether it would be more practical to get it via the U.S. 'cos of the better exchange rate. Any thoughts?

Further down the track I'd like to get Eibach Dampers and Springs too.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Nah Eddie, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular at all. Open to everyone. I figured if I narrowed my options down to certain people there would be less chance of everyone wanting to get the same thing. This way, the options can stay open and everyone can order whatever they want, of whatever value they want, and it will make it much more likely that an order will be placed.

And if you can get the same thing from the US, get it from there. The shipping would probably be quicker and the exchange rate is awesome, so you would probably same yourself some $$ too

Old 21-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Regan,

Are you only thinking about LS/LT owners? I've long contemplated getting a RS/Ford Motorsport/Zetec R call-it-what-you-will spoiler for my LR through E.P. but am unsure as to whether it would be more practical to get it via the U.S. 'cos of the better exchange rate. Any thoughts?

Further down the track I'd like to get Eibach Dampers and Springs too.
Hey eddie ,

I have been looking at getting myself the Anti-Roll kit from EP quite soon actually.

regan mind if i jump on the band wagon here and jump in for a Eibach Anti-roll kit for the LR focus.

Eddie, there is a kit from US (Saleen kit) which has everythng, all eibach stuff, shocks, springs, anti roll kit for 500 US. but the shipping is around 300 in total :(

Just thought id let you know. alternatively you may be interested in seeing if you can get a hold of Zetec shocks (same as st170) spec and the ST170 springs (not sure how available they are) reason beeing, is i have found them to be great handlying wise. and even though i do not doubt the eibachs, i would just think they would be a less harsh ride than the eibachs. and the anti roll kit from Eibach will flatten out the cornering anyway. just my thoughts. The st170 combination is quite good in terms of stability, comfort and ride quality.

sorry for dragging it on.

Ohh and eddie, the LR Focus RS rear spoiler from EP is 500 as you, but it comes with all rear light conversions that you need, the One from the US doesnt unfortunately.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
I have been looking at getting myself the Anti-Roll kit from EP quite soon actually.

regan mind if i jump on the band wagon here and jump in for a Eibach Anti-roll kit for the LR focus.
Please do, the more the merrier. Well... the more the cheaper

Gonna start a list, so post in this forum and add your name to the list if you want to be part of the order (also state what you are getting, please
: )

1. Regan (edgecrusher89) - Eibach Pro Kit, possibly LED tail lights & rear centre light
2. photn - Eibach Anti-Roll Kit

For clarification, please note that the order is not limited to a certain number of people. I put 5 in the list to start with because I believe that is the minimum number to really receive a good shipping discount. The more the better.
I have emailed EP and they seem to be fine with shipping items to different locations around Australia, but I will update when I find out more information.

Cheers,
Regan

Old 21-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
RiGo
Starter Motor

1. Regan (edgecrusher89) - Eibach Pro Kit, possibly LED tail lights & rear centre light
2. photn - Eibach Anti-Roll Kit
3. RiGo - Eibach Pro Kit (Fiesta) - depending on final price
RiGo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Does anyone know if it's possible to get slimline weather shield for the Focus, there are none on EP and the only ones on the Ford site are the big ugly ones.

Also Regan your rear fog light, did you just change the cover of it so it is now a white fog light but matches the reverse?

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

2. photn - Eibach Anti-Roll Kit,slimline weathersheilds(LR), bonnet lifters, covered rear wiper, ST170 snorkel..

Old 22-04-2008, 06:43 PM   #9
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
Does anyone know if it's possible to get slimline weather shield for the Focus, there are none on EP and the only ones on the Ford site are the big ugly ones.

Also Regan your rear fog light, did you just change the cover of it so it is now a white fog light but matches the reverse?
Unfortunately only the large ones from Ford. As far as I know at least.\

And the rear fog and reverse light covers are clear ones. Exactly the same set-up as the stock ones, except instead of having one massive panel of red/white, there is only a small reflector and has a clear cover. The ones from EP are only for LHD, so I got mine from www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk. Excellent service and rapid delivery. Also refunded my delivery fee because it was a small item. The link for them is here - http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/05-...ght-units.html (for the clear ones like mine) or here - http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/05-...cus-black.html ( for the black ones which I wish I had ordered )

Old 23-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #10
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2. photn - Eibach Anti-Roll Kit,slimline weathersheilds(LR), bonnet lifters, covered rear wiper, ST170 snorkel..
4. Helder - Eibach Pro Kit (Springs - Fiesta), Clear Side-Indicators MK2 - Depends on when you're all purchasing and what the final amount will be

Andy (Chinwee) if I recall, also wants to purchase from EP.
Old 23-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #11
xr4racer

4. Helder - Eibach Pro Kit (Springs - Fiesta), Clear Side-Indicators MK2 - Depends on when you're all purchasing and what the final amount will be
5. xr4racer - Stoffler Autotechnik Front Spoiler Fiesta ST Style 2
xr4racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Hey mate (XR4Racer) long time no talk.

ware have you been?? ive got that site for you, just waiting for pics and information..

Old 23-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #13
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Im going to lock this for now.

All group buys do need to be run past admin, once they are ok with this ill unlock it again
Old 23-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #14
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Ok all done. Got approval from admin. So continue with the list!!

also, does anybody know if there is a monetary limit on the amount that can be transferred in one transaction from a bank account into paypal, because that will be the way that I will be paying if you guys want me to pay for them. My credit card limit isn't as high as this is going to be

Keep up with the orders guys. Up to 5, but hoping for a few more. Anybody want to set a date for when we will place the order?
I'll wait for a final order before emailing the guy from EP to verify on shipping costs.

Cheers,
Regan

Old 24-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
RiGo
Starter Motor

How are we going with this? I'm keen to get a set of springs.
Old 24-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #16
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Well I'll wait for another couple of days if you guys are willing. I'll get a final cost now for the ones that have replied, and let you know about the cost.

Old 24-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #17
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Ok guys got an initial amount for each person and the overall total & shipping costs for the people that have already put their order down. It sums up this way (all prices are in euros, go to www.xe.com/ucc for an approximate in AUD)

edgecrusher89 - 139.00 (14.99% of total cost)
photn - 367.10 (39.6%)
RiGo - 110.90 (11.97%)
Helder - 120.80 (13.04%)
xr4racer - 188.90 (20.38%)

total cost ex. shipping = 926.70

shipping options -
World Freight - 189.00 (37.80 each) OR
DHL premium - 225.00 (45.00 each)

Now it's up to you guys whether we split the shipping bill evenly, or if we split the shipping dependent on the percentage of total order cost calculated above. If we do it that way, the shipping cost (first World Freight, then DHL premium) would work out like this for everyone -

edgecrusher89 - 28.33 (World Freight) OR 33.73 (DHL Premium)
photn - 74.84 OR 89.10
RiGo - 22.62 OR 26.93
Helder - 24.65 OR 29.34
xr4racer - 38.52 OR 45.86

Therefore, the total cost for each person, if we all split the shipping equally, would work out this way:

edgecrusher89 - 176.80 (World Freight) OR 184.00 (DHL Premium)
photn - 404.90 OR 412.10
RiGo - 148.70 OR 155.90
Helder - 158.60 OR 165.80
xr4racer - 226.70 OR 233.90

However, if we work out the shipping on a percentage basis, the figures turn out this way -

edgecrusher89 - 167.33 (World Freight) OR 172.73 (DHL Premium)
photn - 441.34 OR 456.20
RiGo - 133.52 OR 137.83
Helder - 145.45 OR 150.14
xr4racer - 227.42 OR 234.76

so there we go. That's the options. As I stated before, all figures are in Euros. Let me know what you guys are thinking.

cheers,
Regan

Old 24-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #18
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

I'm interested in a set of Eibach Springs.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #19
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremist
I'm interested in a set of Eibach Springs.
After I just wrote that whole thing .

I'm going to redo it all on Monday/Tuesday. Then if we can get all the money together, might look at ordering as soon as possible, probably within the next two weeks.
So if anybody wants to get in on this order, make your voice heard ASAP!!!!!!
(And please, put your name on the list to make everything easier)

Regan

Old 24-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #20
xr4racer

I would prefer DHL premium. The method of dividing up shipping costs doesn't really affect me, but I think based on order value % is probably fairer than equal shares.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:19 AM   #21
RiGo
Starter Motor

I would also prefer DHL premium. I agree the the shipping cost should be percentage based as it is a fairer way to distribute the cost.

On another note... does anyone know what the difference is between these two sets of springs?

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=729

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=472

One's listed for the S, the other for the ST and they have different prices, however they have the same description. What gives...? I've written to EP but I thought I might ask here in case anyone knows.

Cheers
Old 25-04-2008, 01:40 AM   #22
RJO89
EuroFordClub

The one for the Fiesta ST is designed for the 2L engine. The one for the Fiesta S is designed for all other fiestas. Even though it does say on the information there that it would be suitable for a 1.6L, I reckon if you put the Fiesta ST springs on any car but the Fiesta XR4, you wouldn't get as much drop on the springs (i.e. it would sit higher) because the 1.6L obviously doesn't weigh as much. But I'm not 100% sure...

Old 25-04-2008, 02:17 AM   #23
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All's good with me, just let me know when you're ordering and I'll grab the money. Should be a breeze since you're in Ringwood. (I'm down near Dandenong).
Old 25-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #24
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
All's good with me, just let me know when you're ordering and I'll grab the money. Should be a breeze since you're in Ringwood. (I'm down near Dandenong).
Just a quick question... What were you after?

We really need to get this list all sorted. Can everyone who wants in on this order please fill out their name on the list so I can sort out the cost of everything.
oh, and also, please put the state you live in. I think the only way we would be able to avoid extra shipping costs is if the items all get sent to one 'representative' person in their state, and the other people who are in their state drive to pick them up. Else I'm going to be asking him to deliver to 5+ houses, and naturally I think that would incur extra shipping costs. Once again, I will ask the guy from EP for a final quote and for the dofference shipping options once we get everyone down and willing.

Many thanks,
Regan

Old 25-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #25
xr4racer

5. xr4racer , WA - Stoffler Autotechnik Front Spoiler Fiesta ST Style 2 (ps happy to pay extra freight from another state if that makes it any easier, Mike)
Old 25-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #26
RJO89
EuroFordClub

1. Regan (edgecrusher89) - VIC - Eibach Pro Kit, possibly LED tail lights & rear centre light
5. xr4racer , WA - Stoffler Autotechnik Front Spoiler Fiesta ST Style 2 (ps happy to pay extra freight from another state if that makes it any easier, Mike)

Old 25-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #27
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Regan, Sorry for being a p.i.t.a. and not responding sooner. I'd be interested in the LR Hood Lifts (37.96 Euro) and also the RS Edition Roof Spoiler (105.91 Euro). These are the figures quoted on the E.P. site, correct?

Sean, re: suspension. For the moment I'm putting off the suspension but will definitely take into consideration your advice. BTW I'm stuffed if I could see a figure of 500. Maybe you could give me a link to it? If you recall the Rear Spoiler on EURO4D, was this an RS Edition or another brand?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 25-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #28
RiGo
Starter Motor

Regan,

I'm in Canberra, so how would shipping work?
Old 25-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #29
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Sean, I just found the link to the spoiler you mentioned. The one I'm considering is definitely the RS Edition Roof Spoiler.

Old 25-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #30
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Hey Eddie,
It's no problem mate. Just add your name to list including name, state, and what you were after. The order hasn't been put down and the more numbers the better.

RiGo, I'm still waiting for everyone to reply about which states they're in. If you are the only one in Canberra, we can do two things. a) Ship it from EP straight to you individually. Or b) we can ship it to someone in NSW if you were up for a road trip. For the moment I can't see a problem with shipping it to yourself, but I'll find out from EP when we get final order numbers. If worse comes to worst, my girlfriends mum works at Aus Post, so even if I get everything shipped to my place, the people from Vic can come pick it up, and the rest I can get her to ship for cheap. I'll let you know though.

Please guys fill out the list! Final orders will be taken on Monday, 28th April.

Many thanks,
Regan