Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Prodrive
Starter Motor

Default XR5 sway bar

Does anyone know if a rear sway bar off a LV 2010 XR5 will bolt straight on a 2009 LV Zetec pls and what size the XR5 sway bar is.

Prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XR5 sway bar

sure will, easy job to do.

You just need the basic tools like allen keys & spanners. Plus WD40 & some lubricant for suspension bushes (to prevent squeeks).

I got a set of XR5 sway bars for my LS Zetec but havent put them on yet but they look tto be the same size, if not a couple of mm thicker. The Zetec has better suspension than the base model so I think they may even be the same size.

IMO unless you get them dirt cheap, get a thicker set from whiteline & make the most of the money you spend.

Here are some pics of the differences that I just took. The one on the car is the Zetec one. the one under is the XR5 one.

Heres one with a ruler, (its not spot on because i was hard climbing under & holding the ruler & camera, but you get the idea)

Heres a pic of the ruler on the XR5 bar
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Prodrive
Starter Motor

Default Re: XR5 sway bar

Thanks for that, mine is 20mm and XR5 does look the same. The XR5 rear bar is on ebay for $50. Only thing is I want a 24mm.
Prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post