Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 23-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
Chris
AFF.com.au

Default 260 Invasion!!

Hey guys, a quick update on the goings on in the Drag racing world with the 260 Boss.

We had an "impromtu" event at Heathcote on sunday, and the guest list was impressive.

Entrant 1 - Kev.

Kevs purple people eater is reknowned for chewing drag racing opponents up - and spitting them out on the blacktop. Kev has the quickest outright NA 260 in Australia unopened, and still has.

Entrant 2 - Me

My blueprint BA ute has the usual bolt ons, stock exhaust and has seen a best of 13.58.

Entrant 3 - ORSMXR

Chris (ORSMXR) took some time from his much needed sunday rest to bring the quickest and fastest street tyred XR8 sedan to the party

Entrant 4 - SLY XR8

David shocked us all (especially me) when he ripped out a 13.34 and took out the street tyred title in the AUTO 260 ute. We mentioned a race was on, and he grinned like a beaver on a hunk of wood. Currently fastest auto 260na and fasted street tyred 260.

Entrant 5 - ORSMT6

Dont really know how leo ended up bringing the turbo, but he threatened us with a beating if he wasn't allowed to race (leo is 6 2 and if there is a guy out there that can punch harder than leo, i haven't met him) so due to physical intimidation, we agreed leo could come.

The day was beautiful, the track was heathcote, and we were ready to go, with Big Kev's ****er of an old man babysitting us all.

There were,

4 different diff ratios
4 different airbox setups ( one ss, one BPT, 2 G and D setups and one BMC carbon deal)
4 different sets of tyres
3 different gearboxes
3 different shifters
5 different exhaust combo's

nitto sticky, nitto shitful, Toyo RA-1 with less rubber than you would find in a cheerleaders purse, dunlop taxi 225's (onya sly) SP9000's (you just wont let them go chris) etc etc.

There were unichips (one from the G and D stable) a stealth box (which has had some XTREME surgery) and a few SCT boxes (one turbo box with some xtreme treatment)

There were also plenty of smiles, photo's, in car video and laughs (Kev's old man is a f*cking ****er, I should have invited him to my 30th.)

First lot of runs, I brained the entire field with a 13.68 right off the bat. Kev still couldn't work out his launch, and was lost in the 14 second wilderness with SLY XR8, who was in a wilderness of his own.

Leo was still napping when we told him we were racing, and he wheelspan a 14.3 something or other.

Round one - Chris (me)

The next segment of the day saw ORSMXR and the Big Kevster trading punches with Chris holding the early advantage in the heat with a string of 13.50's to Kevs 13.58-9's. The turbo started finding its feet, still wheelspinning to some high 13's, I was punching out 50's like they were on special, Dave was still in the wilderness with his 13.50's, but 2.3 60ft times which showed the potential of the car.

Round two - Chris (orsmxr)

We were all getting bored running these numbers when a bright spark popped up and said "hey orsm, wanna try the nittos?)

Thats when the day got pear shaped.

1st run, Orsm sidestepped the clutch at 4000rpm, and there was more shrapnel on the track than in an Iraqi hostage. (dont worry guys, we called the tow truck and got plenty of photo's)

Kev busted out the big launch he was hiding somewhere in his glovebox, and found a 40, then a 38, etc and ended up with a 13.32 with some nasty 1.8 60 ft times, far and away the best 60 ft by 2.5 tenths.

Headlight in, and the exhaust on, this bigfella knows how to launch.

I was busy gathering my PB of a 13.54, and fastest overall for the day with a 107.66 from a 260, which impressed me.

Round three, and the day went to kev.

Then Leo woke up again.

I wouldn't let leo run with my tyres, so I had a steer, and layed down my PB in a BA. 13.11 at 666mph. (yes, everyone saw the MPH, it was a cracker) but it was a turbo, and felt like a poofy car to drive.

The smiles and handshakes, smell of burning rubber and furious gear changes from Kev's old man made for a great day, and one we will all be enjoying again very soon. There was only one fast ute missing on the day, hope he can bring his car out next time and share the fun that we all had.

I on Kev's, Chris's, Leo's, and Dave's behalf would like to thank the following people for their support in allowing us to have so much fun with our toys, and in no particular order, I speak for everyone when I thank

APS - unichip powering kevs car along
G and D - very fast intakes and tuning
Northern Diffs for mine and Daves diffs
Pacemaker and Difillipo
Proffesional exhaust
Simon at XTREME - best edit tune in OZ
SS INDUCTIONS
BPT performance products
BMC filters

and Ford for giving us all the hump.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #2
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking Drags

Excellent work everyone! Jeez 4000rpm, that's gotta hurt. I did a few 3500rpm launchs(not sidesteps though) with the Toyo's and mine still feels a bit sore. Man, there's hundredths between all of these cars, it's all too exciting!
Old 23-05-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

It was nice to meet Leo for the firts time.
Well i didn't think you could sum the hole day up, but Chris you did you only missed one think out. My mate the only LS1 to get a invite got scared on the Western Ring and droped a shocker and since it was a LS1, well i decided to leave him to his own mistakes for buying one with a lion on the front and Keep going.

Was a ORSM day carn't wait to do it again.

Thats What I'm Talking About!!!!

SLY XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Chris
AFF.com.au

Next time guys, since I live closest to heathcote, its Beer abd BBQ's at my place........................

I think the effort of the day went to kev's dad - what a character, a real knockabout aussie bloke, and also to young Chris, sly's little fella, who went down the qtr with his dad, and wouldn't give up the helmet, he loved it!!
Old 23-05-2005, 09:48 PM   #5
blueblooded

Talking

hi guys sounds like you had a grate day down there we had our cannon ball day up hear in qld it was a huge turnout for the xr club 127 xr's in total none as quik as you guys though . i personaly ran pb of 13.60@108.38 in my ute on 215 dunlops what tyres do you guys find best that will be my next mod for the ute

thanks vern
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
Chris
AFF.com.au

If its a manual ute, PM kev, he uses toyo RA-1 255-16's, and they are well worn. 13.3's all day long with bests of 13.20.

If its an auto, Rod launches big power though a BF goodrich, Dave ran his PB 13.34 auto ute on 225 streeters.

That mph is impressive man, u may only be a tyre away from a hard charger.
Old 23-05-2005, 10:09 PM   #7
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Excellent work everyone! Jeez 4000rpm, that's gotta hurt. I did a few 3500rpm launchs(not sidesteps though) with the Toyo's and mine still feels a bit sore. Man, there's hundredths between all of these cars, it's all too exciting!
Well l still had a good day running constant 13.5 but got bored and thought l would try the nitto's, Oh well you know the rest of the story but we will be back Jack so keep your eyes posted

Cheers chris
Old 23-05-2005, 10:15 PM   #8
blueblooded

thanks for the info chris the ute is a manual i'm hopeing the tyres will help at the its spining the tyres through third just need it to hook up then i should do a good time
vern
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #9
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Thanks for the invite Chris....NOT.....lol

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 10:45 PM   #10
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Looks like a good day had by all, what was the temp and how many cars were they for the test and tune day?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 11:59 PM   #11
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

hey look what l found hahahaha

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 24-05-2005, 12:00 AM   #12
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

more photos to come of the other guys
Old 24-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #13
rodderz

Great writeup Chris, you almost sound like a MOTOR journo doing the BFYB article..lol

Well done to all...Kev, how the f&*^% do you keep getting 1.80's??
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #14
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Great writeup Chris, you almost sound like a MOTOR journo doing the BFYB article..lol

Well done to all...Kev, how the f&*^% do you keep getting 1.80's??

Yeah,Kev i need to borrow a couple of those 1.8's they rock man.

I think we are goin to try and get to the track in the next few weeks and keep up the good et's for the blue oval.

:dr_Evil:

"Hate it or love,the underdogs on top"
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #15
DEAN@ACE

Chris,

Let me know when the next 260 day is and i will try to be there.........

Regards Dean
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #16
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done guys especially Chris excelent results. Its great to see the Boss getting some good results.
Go the BOSS!
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 05:22 PM   #17
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Well that sums it up quiet well.
It was a great day thats for sure considering it was organised at about 9.30 sunday morning for me.
It good to see that everyone from all different tuners ect can all get together and have a blast. We talk and hang a bit of shit and its all in good fun. : :eclipsee_
Wots even better is that I was invited by the oppisition (so to speak), to come along and kick their *****. :voldar02:
Im sure it just fired them up all the more.
It would have been great to see what orsmxr could have done if the thing held together. To me it didnt even sound like he sliped the clutch much over 2500. No I didnt sabotage it either if anyone was wodering why I was under the back of his car:gren:

Mark, It was about 20 to 24 all day and there wernt that many cars racing I didnt think. Maybe 25 including a couple bikes.

Rodderz and GT-P, I could tell you how to do those 1.8 60's but you couldn't afford the asking price. : Then again even if you could afford it I probably wouldn't tell you coz then i would have to go out and kill ya's and blood stains. out: :nutsycuck

Can't wait to get out there just a couple more time before I have to retire into fatherhood.

Cheers all and be safe....................Kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT