Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 28-06-2005, 10:15 PM   #31
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi All
just a quick update, today Jac and Eamon ( XRchic ), has agreed to become the Events coordinator, and i am very confident that we will see many exiting cruises moving forward.

We still need a few more people to help out in other roles and or express interest in joining the club.

So far my records have the following people who have expressed interest ( if i have missed some names or you would like to be added to the list please PM me )

DOC
PULLY6
XRCHIC
MONTYV8
MRAUII
STERA
FORDEL

It is anticipated once there are a few more people that we will meet ( over a BBQ if the weather is fine enough ) and discuss the setup and launch of the SA chapter of the Orsm Ford Cruisers Club.

Cheers
Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 10:22 PM   #32
Chris
AFF.com.au

drop XR8888 a PM, he may be interested.......

Keep up the good work DOC.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 12:46 PM   #33
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
We still need a few more people to help out in other roles and or express interest in joining the club.

It is anticipated once there are a few more people that we will meet ( over a BBQ if the weather is fine enough ) and discuss the setup and launch of the SA chapter of the Orsm Ford Cruisers Club.
G'day Pete,

A BBQ is a great idea. I'd volunteer but a) I live in the sticks and b) Its not my house :P

What sort of roles are you looking to fill? Perhaps a list is in order

Good on ya,
Pully
Old 29-06-2005, 02:53 PM   #34
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6
G'day Pete,

A BBQ is a great idea. I'd volunteer but a) I live in the sticks and b) Its not my house :P

What sort of roles are you looking to fill? Perhaps a list is in order

Good on ya,
Pully
Hi Pully,
I live central ( in adelaide ) and would be happy to throw a chop on the BBQ, as for the roles a good idea so when i find 5 i will post them up for all to see and go from there.

Cheers
Pete
Old 30-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #35
XRchic
Hello

Hi all

We would be more than happy to host a BBQ at our place, however, like Pulley, we are in Mt Barker. We actually move in this Monday, and the few days following that. However, a few weekends time, we would happily host it if everyone was happy to travel all the way to our house. At least Brad and Pulley live nearby!

We have a decent BBQ and a decent area for entertaining too.

Oh Pete, I am XRchic (Jac) and Eamon is Cobra, on the forums. Hehe.

Anyways, let me know. Our address as of Monday or Tuesday will be 5 Mitton Court, Mt Barker. It is in the Mountain Glen Estate, which is directly opposite Mt Barker Golf Course on Bald Hills Rd. Go in the entrance to the estate which is opposite the golf course entrance, and our street is the first on the left as you drive in. Easy.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #36
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Hi all

We would be more than happy to host a BBQ at our place, however, like Pulley, we are in Mt Barker. We actually move in this Monday, and the few days following that. However, a few weekends time, we would happily host it if everyone was happy to travel all the way to our house. At least Brad and Pulley live nearby!

We have a decent BBQ and a decent area for entertaining too.

Oh Pete, I am XRchic (Jac) and Eamon is Cobra, on the forums. Hehe.

Anyways, let me know. Our address as of Monday or Tuesday will be 5 Mitton Court, Mt Barker. It is in the Mountain Glen Estate, which is directly opposite Mt Barker Golf Course on Bald Hills Rd. Go in the entrance to the estate which is opposite the golf course entrance, and our street is the first on the left as you drive in. Easy.

Jac
Hi Jac,
Applogies for the mixup with the names, You offer for the BBQ is great and sounds like a great idea

Regards
Pete
Old 30-06-2005, 04:07 PM   #37
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Hi Jac,
Applogies for the mixup with the names, You offer for the BBQ is great and sounds like a great idea

Regards
Pete
Pete, I was kidding about the names - hehe. It's all good.

I also didnt see that you had offered to do the BBQ. If you would still like to do so, please do. However, if you would like us to do it still, then I would love to do it! Just give us a couple of weeks to settle in to our new place! Hehe.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #38
SVR73
Mr Polish

Would love to supply the club with top quality products at good pricing (slightly lower than the current discount for ford forums members)
Have just become the sole australian distributor of another world class brand of products so the range will continue to grow.

See ya at the BBQ

Last edited by SVR73; 30-06-2005 at 09:55 PM.
SVR73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 09:26 PM   #39
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73
DOC - my father & I had a deep discussion regarding what you spoke to me about last night at your place and we have decided (since my father is footing the bill for my online shop once his large business is sold) to do it on our own

Doesn't mean that I can't sponsor and supply the club with top quality products at good pricing (slightly lower than the current discount for ford forums members)
Have just become the sole australian distributor of another world class brand of products so the range will continue to grow.
Cheers Matty,
hope you can make it to the BBQ, i appreciate your good advice and help and your propasal for supply of products.

Regards
Pete

PS PM sent
Old 01-07-2005, 11:03 PM   #40
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6
G'day Pete,
What sort of roles are you looking to fill? Perhaps a list is in order :Pully
Hi Pully6 and others, below is the propsed structure for the club, The exec committee is locked in and must stay as suggested but the committee / sub committee is variable and is open for discussion / alteration if needed.

In addition the club constitution is being redrafted to represent SA ( A copy of the VIC version ) and will be available after tonight for people to view, so if anyone would like a copy they can PM thier details ( email address ) and i will be happy to post a copy for you to read.

Or if you would like to nominate for any of the propsed positions / ask Q's please post or PM.

And for thise wanting to attaend the BBQ you can find the details here
Regards
Pete

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=13982

the Committee is to consist of:
(a) The Office-Bearers of the Club
(b) A minimum of 3 General Committee members

The Office Bearers shall also be known as the Executive Committee
The Office-Bearers of the Club are to be:
Executive Committee
(a) President
(b) Vice-President
(c) Treasurer
(d) Secretary

Committee
1. Events Coordinator + Sub Committee
2. Show N Shine Coordinator + Sub Committee
3. Track N Drag Coordinator + Sub Committee
4. IT / Communications Coordinator + Sub Committee
5. Sponsorship / Marketing Coordinator + Sub Committee
Old 14-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #41
Desertmouse
Mercury 1978

Location: Will be on the move, going where the grass is greener
Wink Orsm

ORSM : well to me that means a car that is awesome....whether its a falcon, fiesta or any kind of car. my car a ford mercury marquis braham import from states to me that is awesome, its a huge yank tank, its a ford, and to me a awesome piece of car. awesome in the dictionary means inspiring, displaying awe. So as an ORSM ford means any kind of ford that is inspiring to others and to the owners.
it should not be just for a select model of ford.
good luck with getting the club off the ground.

Thanks to Chook and Gazz for helping :monkes:
Desertmouse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #42
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertmouse
ORSM : well to me that means a car that is awesome....whether its a falcon, fiesta or any kind of car. my car a ford mercury marquis braham import from states to me that is awesome, its a huge yank tank, its a ford, and to me a awesome piece of car. awesome in the dictionary means inspiring, displaying awe. So as an ORSM ford means any kind of ford that is inspiring to others and to the owners.
it should not be just for a select model of ford.
good luck with getting the club off the ground.
Desert Mouse, This thread i think is a few years old, but i see you have been stuck out in the hot desert sun so your forgiven.

A lot has changed and things have moved forward, from those meetings a new club was formed in SA, and is known as the Modified Ford Club, if you PM theboss290 ( Daniel ) he will be hapy to help or do a search on MFC and you should get some good links.

Its a great club that accepts all Orsm fords
Old 14-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #43
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And how is it all going ATM?
How many members are there in the club now after a couple of years on?

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #44
Desertmouse
Mercury 1978

Red face awe inspiring and fords

as i am fairly new to all this forum stuff i stick my beak in where i think.
yes been in desert tooo long and sun has affected me a tad but who cares.
dont worry i will check out sights on here and topics and am sorry for being a bit slow on the uptake. didnt read the date parts.
i just love reading comments and finding out how things are done and where you get things done. love some of the pics too.
i hope to go to some of these shows one day in my yank tank....

Old 14-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #45
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Desert Mouse, This thread i think is a few years old, but i see you have been stuck out in the hot desert sun so your forgiven.

A lot has changed and things have moved forward, from those meetings a new club was formed in SA, and is known as the Modified Ford Club, if you PM theboss290 ( Daniel ) he will be hapy to help or do a search on MFC and you should get some good links.

Maybe our two clubs should work out a way to be affiliated....
Old 14-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #46
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Maybe our two clubs should work out a way to be affiliated....
? Would let the powers to be sort that one, it sounds like a good idea and you could say they were sister clubs ( being born from the one base ) but not for me to call if it should happen or not.

Sounds good though in principle.
Old 14-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #47
theboss290
FPV GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC

That would be We the MFC accepts all awesome fords!! :

The plane is in the making for a WA & QLD chapters of MFC if you would like more info on this please PM me for details as we have a couple of reps in each state.
theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 12:40 AM   #48
Desertmouse
Mercury 1978

well i appreciate that and thanks but being in any one club is pointless up here in the desert and my ford mercury will be living in Perth. (3500 klms away) so when school holidays come about will fly down and then go cruising around and will check see what goes.
maybe if some show or cruise or something is on while on holidays then yes will go along.

Old 16-10-2007, 12:57 AM   #49
theboss290
FPV GT

Well if you are checking out the Perth AFD keep your eye out for a couple of tuff drag racing X-series Wagons one white the other is black, they can help you with any MFC enquiries.

;)
theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 09:01 AM   #50
T-Pak Addict
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss290
That would be We the MFC accepts all awesome fords!! :
They even like mine!!!! And are pretty handy with advice and suggestions. They are a friendly bunch and thats why I became a member, so guys worth a look see.

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #51
Desertmouse
Mercury 1978

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss290
Well if you are checking out the Perth AFD keep your eye out for a couple of tuff drag racing X-series Wagons one white the other is black, they can help you with any MFC enquiries.

;)
thank you.... ok will do... keep beedy eyes open for a black and a white car.....but wont be for while in perth.....gotta wait 8 n half weeks for holidays then around australia then whyalla to get car then perth then back home to desert......