Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-12-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Default Mods Just brought ED classic

Hey all, im new to this forum and have got an ED Falcon 1994, I would like to do some minor mods to it,
-I want to buy Lenso CT 17" or 18", what would be the largest at legal limmit for the ED falcon?
- As well as can anyone recommend some suspension and springs for my car? at a cheap but good place?
-What would be the recommended Exhaust so its sounds a bit of Grunt?
- Can the Auto ED Falcon have a remote start? or is it not compatible?
- and lassstly how would you install a pod filter on it? if u can?
If you all could help me gettin started that would be soo good, thanks
- Ash

Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid34
Hey all, im new to this forum and have got an ED Falcon 1994, I would like to do some minor mods to it,
-I want to buy Lenso CT 17" or 18", what would be the largest at legal limmit for the ED falcon?
- As well as can anyone recommend some suspension and springs for my car? at a cheap but good place?
-What would be the recommended Exhaust so its sounds a bit of Grunt?
- Can the Auto ED Falcon have a remote start? or is it not compatible?
- and lassstly how would you install a pod filter on it? if u can?
If you all could help me gettin started that would be soo good, thanks
- Ash

1. you can fit anysized wheel on your car as long as the tyre has the correct load and speed rating,

2.suspension, well you can go dodgy and chop spring that is cheap as and you get a damn low car, or you could get kingsprings for about $250 and put them in youself.

3.get extractors, highflow cat, and a 2.5" mandrel bend exhaust, you can get a kit from JMM jim mock motorsport, Dev1 that includes all that $1100

4.the Ed auto could be adapted to remote start. but why????

5.yes pod filter can easly be installed, take out you air box and attach the pod to the end of the flexi pipe going to the air box.not so leagal but easly doable, you can modify the box to put the pod in.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

so now that we're in the e-series section!!

a pod filter will need to be in a box to be legal, they cant just stay out in the engine bay because they suck up all the hot air, not what you want!

a 2.5" exhaust with 1 muffler will get your car sounding **** hot! i have a 2.5" with 1 muffler and a hotdog at the rear and it sounds awesome! extractors and a high flow cat will add to this but thats up to you.

people here have 19" mags on there car, not really sure about legalalitys but im sure 18" will be fine.

hope this helps

oh and welcome to the forums mate!
cheers
Old 19-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

As far as i know, you can only increase the rim diameter by 2" over the original fitted wheels...

IE, if your car came with 14" stockies, legally you can only go to 16" diameter wheels.
Where an ELGT can go to 19" legally, as it left the factory with 17" wheels.

In terms of width, IIRC you cannot increase the track width by 2"... or 1" wider each side...

Im pretty sure thats correct, but dont quote me on that! :P

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Oh yeah thanks for that, BradensEBxr6 how much did it cost u to buy and install ur 2.5" exhasut? thats allthe way yeah?...$1100 was a bit to much for me at this time, anything cheaper?

Oh and choppin the springs haha, have thought of it, but my car needs new shocks BADLY!, and i want to make the handleing a bit better, some place quoted me shocks n springs arond $885 or Pedders or moneroe for like $1200..is that expensive? or know of a better place?

remote start..ahh yes...its more of a ****er thing:P just to show that i can start my car without sitting in it:P, but i've read up on it, some say you can, some say you can't, and thers no description on HOW its acutally done (as im a newbie to all this)

Annnd 1 more thing, is there any description or someone can tell me how to install the poddie, (it being legal?)..oh and how come alot of jap cars have the pod sitting in the engine bay? (not in a box?)

[Sorry allot of questions but i just got a car:P and neeeeed advise!]
thanks
Old 19-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #6
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Classics came out with 15"*205*65 (snowflake/classic rims)

But in saying that ED had the optional 16" rims, who is to say they didn't come out with those rims!

Go to the Vicroads (or your state equivalent) website to find out the rules, rather than hearsay on the forum
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
bArNsY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #7
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid34
Oh yeah thanks for that, BradensEBxr6 how much did it cost u to buy and install ur 2.5" exhasut? thats allthe way yeah?...$1100 was a bit to much for me at this time, anything cheaper?

Oh and choppin the springs haha, have thought of it, but my car needs new shocks BADLY!, and i want to make the handleing a bit better, some place quoted me shocks n springs arond $885 or Pedders or moneroe for like $1200..is that expensive? or know of a better place?

remote start..ahh yes...its more of a ****er thing:P just to show that i can start my car without sitting in it:P, but i've read up on it, some say you can, some say you can't, and thers no description on HOW its acutally done (as im a newbie to all this)

Annnd 1 more thing, is there any description or someone can tell me how to install the poddie, (it being legal?)..oh and how come alot of jap cars have the pod sitting in the engine bay? (not in a box?)

[Sorry allot of questions but i just got a car:P and neeeeed advise!]
thanks
my exhaust was already on the car when i bought it, its catback. my mate had the same system put on his VN commodore, 2.5" catback with 1 muffler straight through (no hotdog or muffler at the rear) which cost roughly $200 - $250. if you just want it sounding good extractors and a hi flow cat aren't nessesary. my car is already loud enough and sounds damn good. extractors will cost you around the $600 mark!

DONT chop your springs, its illegal and dangerous. they can pop out of place over bumps etc and you'll do more damage than its worth. i've heard lots of storys or cars spinning out at 100km/h with chopped springs. i got pedders lows in the rear of my car with standard shocks, the front still has the standard XR6 springs and shocks and this is how it sits:

superlows will get you lower but it all depends on how low you want it. the springs i got, which was onyl 2 springs for the rear, cost me $134 for the pair. there a 20mm drop. you can get a 30mm drop for $164 for the pair. remember these are only lows, not super lows. shockers can cost roughly $160 - $220 for the pair, i'm taking this off my quote sheet from when i got my springs. so say you got 4 lows springs and 4 shockers it would roughly cost $770 which are the 30mm drop lows and the stiffer shocks. you may need a camber kit and wheel alignments, not too sure on that one.

i dont know that much about pod filters, i think a lot of jap crap cars have them exposed for the looks of it, dosent mean its legal. some people have them in the wheel arch but theres cautions there for water getting into them, you dont want water in there as it'll stuff your engine!
Old 19-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #8
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

from my costs iv found doing everything myself

full exhaust lukey extractors and 2 1/4 cat back $600

king springs superlows i picked up all 4 for $100

pod filter K&N $38 from auto bahn in there midnight sale

shokers taken out of a EL XR6 $50 done 5,000 before taken out

crow cam $200

so it csn be cheep if you know what your doing and if you wait for the parts to come up, most goodies come in the post though,
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

yeah thats something i forgot to mention, do it yourself! you'll save big bucks and you'll learn stuff about cars! suspension is pretty easy. i did the rear myself, first time doing it and its easy as! i havent done the front but it shouldnt be too hard either. exhaust is pretty much just nut and bolts!
Old 19-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #10
malta123

if your going low change struts and shockers for new shockers wear into a position when you go lower you change that position and you will loose handeling i bought new sturts last week 100$ each and the improvment was great. exhust go 2 1/2 same deal with extractors dont need to run em but will give more power and a better not but forget if you want a chrome tip you'll pay up to $150 depending on what you want if your going a pod mod you air box it will work not just look prity. lowered cars look good but after a few weeks you'll start getting rattels hear and there
malta123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #11
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Hmmm sounds all like a bit of fun ay:P?, so where do i start off? gettin the wheels first? so that i can get the shocks n springs? does anyone know a place where i can buy it all? i've been quoted $885 cheapest and $1200 at most, at places like Pedders and monroe...any one know any cheaper?
Old 20-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #12
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

are you talking wheels or suspension? $885 sounds about right from pedders. personally i'd be going to pedders but thats just me.

you can get wheels almost anywhere! look around on the forums, tyre places, anywhere!

get your exhaust from an exhaust shop!!

if you want to spend some quick money get the exhaust, $200 - $300 most for a cat back system 2.5". wheels can get over a grand to 2 grand with tyres, especially if there brand new. all depends what wheels you want. personally 17" or 18" would be a great choice in size. IMO anything bigger looks crap on e-series. too much wheel! (IMO BA's can handle 20" wheels and look great, just not e-series!).

just go for what ever you feel like going for first! roughly how much cash do you have to spend??
Old 20-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #13
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Oh yeah ,i've tried some places out, n got a few quotes, but you guys wouldn't know any places that give you a good deal? (what im saying is i dun wanna get ripped off cause i don't know anythin about this stuff ..yet :P). yeah $300 sounds good for an exhaust an d$885 if you say is good then i guess i'll go for it. As for the wheels, the ones i want are LENSO CF 17" or maaaybe an 18", but im finding it really hard to find that particular wheel.
Can someone give me a rundown on how to install a podfilter? and a box?....thanks guys
- Ash
Old 21-12-2006, 02:38 AM   #14
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

best bet is to try a few different places for each mod and go from there, its always good to come back to the forums for advice on prices.
Old 21-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #15
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

oh yeah thanks, I just had a look at the engine bay in my car, I can't find a place 2 put the pod, as in if i take the box out and just have the pod sitting inthe engine bay, im sure it would be worse performance than it was because your getting all the heat no? ahhhh has some1 got an ED with a pod in it? can u show me how to install it? thankkks