Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 18-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Drag Newbie to be

OK guys ..... I have put my name down for the Chicks Bracket at the AFF Drags. I have NFI what to do or how to go about it all .....

I know point & plant the foot (only time Ive been glad shes an auto :P ) ....... but what do I expect when its comes upto my turn??????? Do I have to do a burn out and where exactly do I do it ????? Whats a good time to bring up the Revs and launch??????

Any help would be great ;)

MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well to start off with, you don't have to do a burnout, you do whatever is comfortable for you. Its one of those things thats easier to say on the day i guess, if you want I (or anyone else) can come down the track with you.

The best thing i can suggest is watch a few runs, and get someone to talk them through with you. By watching other runs, you'll get an idea of how and when to stage. And then the rest there....

Im not the best explaining things with a keyboard, but if you want I can give you a hand on the day, and give you a few pointers.
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #3
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That would be excellent Melz..... really appreciate that.

Doing a burnout doesnt bother me .... hehehe done a few or 10 in my time :P .... but I just wasnt sure if it was expected ....... Im sure Im going to have a lot of things going thru this little head to be worried about how good a burn out Ive done ;)
Old 18-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
Bren260

the most important part of your first time is to have fun, you'll love it once you've got a few passes under your belt and feeling comfortable with the car and the lights talk to a few people ask questions most of us are only too happy to give advice or encouragement, you'll have plenty of time to ask questions while your lining up. and yes you have to do a burn, thats the best part, fry the guts out of them, it makes you feel great.
Bren260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know I will have fun Bren ..... My wonderful OH is also taking her up the strip and he is a newbie to all this as well ........

I spose I just need to prepare myself for this big adventure ....... knowledge is a wonderful thing :P