Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
DODDO
Can man

Default Free AU 1-3 computer upgrades

Hi everyone.
I live in Sydney and my local Ford Dealer (macarthur Ford) has put an ad in the local paper for FREE AU1-3 computer upgrades. I was wondering if anybody has heard of this happening before from another Ford dealer and if so, did they get their car upgraded and did it change anything? They claim that it will improve performance and Fuel economy.
Doing this seems strange to me as not much comes for free these days, especially from a dealer.

Thanks!!!

Old 17-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Something stinks in Denmark.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
triple8nitro
Alternator

Probably a very expensive service plan that goes with the "free upgrade".
Old 17-03-2006, 06:31 PM   #4
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8nitro
Probably a very expensive service plan that goes with the "free upgrade".
lol yeah $1000 service, and in your glove box u get the edit box.
Old 17-03-2006, 06:58 PM   #5
ltd
Force Fed Fords

No, its true. I had it done on my AU2, supposedly booster power from 185 to around 195kw. You can't tell too much difference however I did notice an improvement in fuel economy. Didn't cost me anything for it either.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 07:39 PM   #6
JG3282
Awake after dark

Would be good if it was a) for real and b) in Melbourne... I've got two that could do with a free flash

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODDOAU
Hi everyone.
I live in Sydney and my local Ford Dealer (macarthur Ford) has put an ad in the local paper for FREE AU1-3 computer upgrades. I was wondering if anybody has heard of this happening before from another Ford dealer and if so, did they get their car upgraded and did it change anything? They claim that it will improve performance and Fuel economy.
Doing this seems strange to me as not much comes for free these days, especially from a dealer.

Thanks!!!
I read that in the Advertiser when I was staying at the folks in Bradbury the other week and I was trying to find the fine print.
it is probably to get people there as it it now in a hard spot to get to it was better to access when they were in Queen St nice and handy
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 09:44 PM   #8
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe FORD should make this upgrade known and all dealers offer it, Oz wide.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #9
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they are hopless,but they are my local fraud dealer so I might get it done if its free..
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #10
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

If it is a flash upgrade it should be at all dealers, wonder why a dealer would spend money advertising a free upgrade sounds suspect.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #11
fordy-two
Starter Motor

I recently read an article on how you should get your AU car computer software updated to the latest version - said it's a good thing.

My home computer and the hardware attached(dvd writer, modem, graphics card, motherboard etc) all offer free software upgrades, why shouldn't a dealer ? Costs them practically nothing and earns them your goodwill and maybe you'll even come back for a service.

When I bought my EF second hand the central locking was faulty ( a known problem ) and even though it was out of warranty my local Ford dealer fixed it for free during the next service, and I didn't even buy the car there.

No reason why this isn't legit.
fordy-two is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 11:41 PM   #12
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Plenty of reason, as said. If this is something one dealer is doing why not all...*shrug* we shall wait for the reports
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 11:44 PM   #13
ST09RM
2011 FG XR6T UTE

ford are now on blaxland rd..wonder if they could do it on a ef since i got a mate who works there...
ST09RM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 12:02 AM   #14
LOWAU

Someone was saying somthing about flashing a stock AU ECU to XR6 spec a while ago, maybe this is it?

DODDOAU - Can you give these guys a call and ask them?
LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 01:51 AM   #15
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLaBoNG_DuDe
ford are now on blaxland rd..wonder if they could do it on a ef since i got a mate who works there...
We may have to check with RATT whats going on as the last I heard was that Peter Warren bought Rod Lawrence and Phil McCaroll at Camden and they trade under Macarthur Ford so he might know whats going on.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 02:08 AM   #16
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vctxr6ute
they are hopless,but they are my local fraud dealer so I might get it done if its free..
You got that right. They carn't fix anything right. I had to keep taking my car back for the same thing 4 time before they got it repaired right. Not once have they fix anything on the frist go & they wonder why i want use them for servicing.
Old 18-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #17
ltd
Force Fed Fords

All the other dealerships do it. I had mine done about two years ago at Jubilee Ford. I didn't ask them they just said ford sent out an update to all dealerships, and they basically program it through their star tester. Takes 2 minutes.
The reason Ford are doing it; well ultratune and other places don't do it, and your average everyday mechanic has buckleys of affording the software, so all in all it's just a goodwill thing. It is only specific to AU's though as I asked about the E series (I had one at the time) and they basically said that it was only for AU, Ford had no upgrades for the E series.

It's sort of like the free mod that they did to the radiator, and the free mod they did to the steering rack, oil pressure sensor and a bunch of other things that ford has basically done for free. Hey, it worked on me, why would I go anywhere else that won't do these upgrades and field recalls, when I can have the latest updates and services that would cost me otherwise done for free at ford?

Quote: